LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

I didn't sleep last weekend trying to fix my x-55. Hope you'll be more lucky with yours. It's a beautiful stick but has some serious design issues. Some folk are super happy but some have a real headache. I hope you're going to be in the happy group :)

Almost wonder if they're manufactured in more than one place, and one of the places kinda half-asses it. I know that's happened with some of the other peripherals I've bought over the years.

-This space intentionally left blank-

Almost wonder if they're manufactured in more than one place, and one of the places kinda half-asses it. I know that's happened with some of the other peripherals I've bought over the years.

Might be. Still my stick buttons don't work from time to time...

Is that the stick or star citizen

Is that the stick or star citizen

It's the stick. There's an issue with the stick's rudder axis that breaks the buttons connectivity sometimes. Like a loose cable or some interference. Twisting the stick brings back the buttons and after couple of minutes they become not responsive again. One twist of the stick and the problem's gone for another couple of minutes... Very annoying when the go dead just as you were about to pull the trigger...

It's the stick. There's an issue with the stick's rudder axis that breaks the buttons connectivity sometimes. Like a loose cable or some interference. Twisting the stick brings back the buttons and after couple of minutes they become not responsive again. One twist of the stick and the problem's gone for another couple of minutes... Very annoying when the go dead just as you were about to pull the trigger...

That's a shame especially for that kind of money, think I'll buy a cheapy joystick for now

Edit:

Might try this..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001CXYMFS/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

That's a shame especially for that kind of money, think I'll buy a cheapy joystick for now Edit: Might try this.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001CXYMFS/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Go for the simple Logitech 3d. It's a great stick with a great spring. Very reliable and it just feels great (especially at this price).

Watch this video. http://youtu.be/0hX3R3t8-jY

This guy is a sim pro and he knows what he's talking about.

On the topic of joysticks, does anyone have any tips for remembering what buttons you've bound to what? All I've been doing is taking a diagram I drew in Paint and filling in the blanks for each key and then printing it for the game it pertains to as a point of reference. xD For an actual flight sim it's not that big a deal, but with space sims it tends to get wacky. Or at least it does for me; heh. I don't think it'll be too bad for SC, but X3 wrecks my brain; lol.

-This space intentionally left blank-

Somehow after couple hours of playing a game a have all the HOTAS buttons engraved into my brain. I thing that not looking at the stick and just doing everything with muscle memory helps. If you asked me what button I've mapped to what I probably wouldn't know but as soon as I start playing I instantly remember everything.

On the topic of joysticks, does anyone have any tips for remembering what buttons you've bound to what? All I've been doing is taking a diagram I drew in Paint and filling in the blanks for each key and then printing it for the game it pertains to as a point of reference. xD For an actual flight sim it's not that big a deal, but with space sims it tends to get wacky. Or at least it does for me; heh. I don't think it'll be too bad for SC, but X3 wrecks my brain; lol.

Have the diagram taped to your monitor and play for an hour using it then cover it up for an hour and rinse repeat

When AC just came out, I had the PDF manual displayed on my second monitor to learn the key bindings. Not that is helped much, ejecting is still broken/bugged :|

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

When AC just came out, I had the PDF manual displayed on my second monitor to learn the key bindings. Not that is helped much, ejecting is still broken/bugged :|

Is there any advantage to ejecting yet?

Is there any advantage to ejecting yet?

Not that I know of. I have played Spectrum Dispatch (online) only 1 time, but ejecting didn't work and I think it still counts as a kill/death.

In the PU, however, this would literally be a question between life and death ;)

Not that I know of. I have played Spectrum Dispatch (online) only 1 time, but ejecting didn't work and I think it still counts as a kill/death.

In the PU, however, this would literally be a question between life and death ;)

You say that but wouldn't you just ram the person? Or pin them to the screen of the ship and accelerate to near light speed and the stop suddenly?

You say that but wouldn't you just ram the person? Or pin them to the screen of the ship and accelerate to near light speed and the stop suddenly?

I'm sure you'll get a bounty on your head for doing so but the idea of "giving somebody a ride" on your windshield seems awesome. And seriously regarding ejecting - it's a good habit to get as it'll save you lives in the PU.

I'm sure you'll get a bounty on your head for doing so but the idea of "giving somebody a ride" on your windshield seems awesome. And seriously regarding ejecting - it's a good habit to get as it'll save you lives in the PU.

Oh I'll defo eject but I was thinking of the silly little things like ejecting as the enemy ship flies over you -donk- smack your head or pushing people into the sun.

Oh I'll defo eject but I was thinking of the silly little things like ejecting as the enemy ship flies over you -donk- smack your head or pushing people into the sun.

Heh, you eject and crash your head through the bottom of that Hornet that was flying above you, your head sticking out between the legs of the pilot. Hot Shots style xD

So I've been out of the loop for a while, what's been happening with Star Citizen in the last month-and-a-half?

I only saw a video about Constellation variants just now, does anyone in the Conglomerate own a Phoenix yet?

So I've been out of the loop for a while, what's been happening with Star Citizen in the last month-and-a-half?

I only saw a video about Constellation variants just now, does anyone in the Conglomerate own a Phoenix yet?

Right, new hangars and racing are coming in the very near future (were talking about days here). This will be Arena Commander Alpha version v0.9. Connie variants have been released, together with multi-crew gameplay and the FPS teaser. This all happened at GamesCon.

@Artofinca won the M50 skin contest.

No idea if anyone here has a Phoenix, though. @CatCloud?

That's pretty much it. AC v0.9 is going through QA right now and of there are no blockers we might get it early next week!

Right, new hangars and racing are coming in the very near future (were talking about days here). This will be Arena Commander Alpha version v0.9. Connie variants have been released, together with multi-crew gameplay and the FPS teaser. This all happened at GamesCon.

That's pretty much it. AC v0.9 is going through QA right now and of there are no blockers we might get it early next week!

you know me to well, yes I have one.

Cool. Super excited for multi-crew, then.

Also, I guess I'll catch up on videos this weekend. There's a lot to dig through.

so far all of the buttons register in the Rhino software.

I have one button that isnt giving me the tactile click every time when I press it but it is still registering every time, I am thinking that that button might be defective. 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Just read on the RSI website that AC v0.9 is coming out tomorrow. Will be RC4 if they don't find any bugs (latest build) or last nights RC2 if they find some. I'm excited for private matches and racing.