LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

But what if tax money isn't enough and you don't have enough votes to raise taxes? I'm just going to be there to fill in these gaps. Again I am an independent bank, and the Linus organization would only ensure the protection of transfers and for that the Linus organization would get favorable loans. 

if the tax isn't enough, then we'll cut back on spending.

UOLTT won't be backing any sort of bank. Sorry.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

That is a possibility, but i think it'd be far better if we could have bases that are officially ours, and that we can build up, and upgrade, both it's strength and utility.

Of course that could create a couple of problems. The largest organisations could end up controlling large areas of space, which isn't ideal, because nations like the UEE and Vanduul are supposed to be in charge of that. I appreciate the 9:1 ratio of AI to humans, but that wouldn't necessarily stop an org (or an org of orgs) from taking control.

Also, having a base where an org would concentrate a lot of their members could cause trouble with instancing. Whereby you can't see a large number of your allies, because your instance is full.

Since you can own factories and control space stations, you can set them up as bases.

Factories we could control what goes in and out off it by force if necessary, space stations would be the same.

Then you have mobile bases like set capital ships that would allow us to quick deploy to different locations, quiet areas of vanduul space is another where we can limit what goes in and out then we could have capital ships in the black abyss of space, think of jumping to crusader but stop when you are short of the next jump point by say 100km then point to another jump point and travel in that direction for 50km, it would give you a position unlikely to ever be found and allow a unique jump to any close enough point at an angle people wouldn't be expecting. 

Ok, that's cool man. I'll still start my own bank and offer my services if needed. It doesn't matter either way.

but remember my bank is independent of the government structure of the Linus organization. 

That's definitely one of the ill-fated/incredibly shady EVE banks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7KjQrUVJ10

*Edit:

For the record, I don't intend to come across as mean, but with 0 accountability for both parties (the bank and the people using it), anyone would be insane to deal with a 3rd party financial institution. They fell apart in EVE because the bank had no way to collect on debts other than good faith, and its members had no recourse if the CEO took everything and walked off.

-This space intentionally left blank-

I would rather trust in the largness of our tax coffers, rather than some third party financer.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Again, you do not have to come to the bank, but remember my bank is independent of the government structure of the Linus organization. 

Why are you pushing this so hard here?

Also, let me just state that, since this is the internet, we have zero reason to trust you.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

That is a possibility, but i think it'd be far better if we could have bases that are officially ours, and that we can build up, and upgrade, both it's strength and utility.

Of course that could create a couple of problems. The largest organisations could end up controlling large areas of space, which isn't ideal, because nations like the UEE and Vanduul are supposed to be in charge of that. I appreciate the 9:1 ratio of AI to humans, but that wouldn't necessarily stop an org (or an org of orgs) from taking control.

Also, having a base where an org would concentrate a lot of their members could cause trouble with instancing. Whereby you can't see a large number of your allies, because your instance is full.

Since you can own factories and control space stations, you can set them up as bases.

Factories we could control what goes in and out off it by force if necessary, space stations would be the same.

Then you have mobile bases like set capital ships that would allow us to quick deploy to different locations, quiet areas of vanduul space is another where we can limit what goes in and out then we could have capital ships in the black abyss of space, think of jumping to crusader but stop when you are short of the next jump point by say 100km then point to another jump point and travel in that direction for 50km, it would give you a position unlikely to ever be found and allow a unique jump to any close enough point at an angle people wouldn't be expecting.

That's sounds like a nice strategy, but it doesn't really address my problems. We don't know for sure that we can control bases, and we can't sit on one all day, controlling what goes in and out. Besides, if that was in UEE space, we'd quickly build up a large bounty on our heads.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

That's sounds like a nice strategy, but it doesn't really address my problems. We don't know for sure that we can control bases, and we can't sit on one all day, controlling what goes in and out. Besides, if that was in UEE space, we'd quickly build up a large bounty on our heads.

in and out of what? The system? We hire npc muscle ofc. If they have a detailed setting features for npc guards we could white/black list organization and what not easily.

Tek syndicate warps in? Shoot on sight!

No org related player? Give them a warning: this is a restricted zone and tell them to turn back with a 30 sec timer ticking. If the timer runs out the npc will warp in and fire on sight.

Just some examples. Ofc someone could stealth in and sneak around, there are ships designed for that.

Idunno, but there are ways to make it work, question is... What will RSI let us be able to do?

Same rules could be applied to stations. Kinda like how elite does it.

UEE won't attack unless we steal one of there ships/bases. And if we are outside of there jurisdiction I doubt they can do anything.

Question is, can we build our own bases like in Eve? As far as I know we can't...

in and out of what? The system? We hire npc muscle ofc. If they have a detailed setting features for npc guards we could white/black list organization and what not easily.

No org related player? Give them a warning: this is a restricted zone and tell them to turn back with a 30 sec timer ticking. If the timer runs out the npc will warp in and fire on sight.

Just some examples. Ofc someone could stealth in and sneak around, there are ships designed for that.

Idunno, but there are ways to make it work, question is... What will RSI let us be able to do?

UEE won't attack unless we steal one of there ships/bases. And if we are outside of there jurisdiction I doubt they can do anything.

Question is, can we build our own bases like in Eve? As far as I know we can't...

lol I like the stab at Tek Syndicate  :P

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Oh the wait an see game is fun, isn't it?

Why are you pushing this so hard here?

Also, let me just state that, since this is the internet, we have zero reason to trust you.

It was just an idea on a forum, and I'm just responding to people since I like and follow Star Citizen development

That's definitely one of the ill-fated/incredibly shady EVE banks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7KjQrUVJ10

*Edit:

For the record, I don't intend to come across as mean, but with 0 accountability for both parties (the bank and the people using it), anyone would be insane to deal with a 3rd party financial institution. They fell apart in EVE because the bank had no way to collect on debts other than good faith, and its members had no recourse if the CEO took everything and walked off.

I know you don't mean to come across as mean, its cool man, but that is why I wanted the Linus organization to back me, so its government could hold me accountable, but again, just an idea on the forum where you could post cool ideas.

It's cool man, again just a cool idea I had to make Star Citizen more interesting and fun to play.

*Edit

There I used the multi-quote option!  ;)

Yes, you can, ok maybe no label saying UOLTT but you can hold it.

Hire NPCs and we have members from around the world, can we control it if we are committed to it. The issues with bases are that we will lose them one day and since your talking more about a UEE space, we don't want the fleet after us.

A base is going to be somewhere we have a strategic advantage this could be trade, military, transport and mining and we will probably have to share a space with another Org too.

I mean we are talking planetsides, asteroids, shops, hangers, space stations, destroyed and disabled ships.

You don't want a permanent base anyway, instances will be large enough that we will want to protect our miners, raids and missions will want forward bases on planets, scavengers will be in derelict ships, we'll want to be on the edge of any battle for search and rescue.

If we stick around in the same place we'l become a target

If we stick around in the same place we'l become a target

Or we could become such a great threat that no one wants to try and deal with us! Here's for hoping anyway

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

Or we could become such a great threat that no one wants to try and deal with us! Here's for hoping anyway

Which you would want to be mobile, turn up to the mining facilities and no one argues with you

1 minute ago, Wauthar said:

SC 2.0, LTT 2.0 It's glorious :D

It took me a second to find it as it wasn't in the usual place :D

They also added some sections. I.e. Server Stuff is new

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Oh yay this thread is working again now :D It was broken earlier just giving an error, maybe there was too many pages!

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

45 minutes ago, abyss03 said:

Oh yay this thread is working again now :D It was broken earlier just giving an error, maybe there was too many pages!

Yeah, we are too massive for LTT. 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

6 hours ago, Wauthar said:

SC 2.0, LTT 2.0 It's glorious :D

but LTT 2.0 is broken there is no game play Slick and Linus dont love me. Logan Smart was right about this place!!!!

sorry i'm done now

4 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

but LTT 2.0 is broken there is no game play Slick and Linus dont love me. Logan Smart was right about this place!!!!

Its all a SCAM! They told us all along, we didn't believe them and now we have this. Its all our fault for buying into the scam...

4 hours ago, abyss03 said:

Its all a SCAM! They told us all along, we didn't believe them and now we have this. Its all our fault for buying into the scam...

You're right, a BIG S.C.A.M it is. Roberts should be in jail for all his S.C.H.E.M.A.T.A.'s! (too far-fetched? :p) 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

10 hours ago, CommanderFett said:

What is this place? I am not familiar with it

Heaven my friends 

9 hours ago, Wauthar said:

You're right, a BIG S.C.A.M it is. Roberts should be in jail for all his S.C.H.E.M.A.T.A.'s! (too far-fetched? :p) 

Oh woe is me

On 1/31/2016 at 1:10 PM, abyss03 said:

You'll notice that from time to time until the server finishes working through all the old posts and some other background processes you will have hiccups with some threads. This post has more information on the known issues with the forum update: 

If you see any problems that aren't listed there please make a post in bugs and issues subforum so we can get these issues looked at. https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/82-bugs-and-issues/

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.