LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

All those cool summer hats, and I don't know how to put one on my forum avatar :_(

/sadviolin

3 hours ago, ArborVitae said:

anyone knows when will they launch squadron 42? i thought it was supposed to launch early this year?

Not really. If I recall correctly there was a kind of roadmap a while ago with some approximate dates for stuff, but there no actual set date for any part of the games as of yet. Though I believe the first episode of SQ42 will be coming out before the end of the year, but don't quote me.

Maybe somebody else around here that actually looks at most of the development updates and such can tell you more stuff or even correct me.

3 hours ago, ArborVitae said:

anyone knows when will they launch squadron 42? i thought it was supposed to launch early this year?

33 minutes ago, colt92 said:

All those cool summer hats, and I don't know how to put one on my forum avatar :_(

/sadviolin

Not really. If I recall correctly there was a kind of roadmap a while ago with some approximate dates for stuff, but there no actual set date for any part of the games as of yet. Though I believe the first episode of SQ42 will be coming out before the end of the year, but don't quote me.

Maybe somebody else around here that actually looks at most of the development updates and such can tell you more stuff or even correct me.

True, latest predictions by CIG is that SQ42 is to come out in Q4 this year. No one knows if this will actually happen, but it can't be too far away now.

Also, Colt, I heard GyTa/Textbook/Gyre-Taenn has his way with hats :P

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Sir, Sir, we deal in Polar Bear Pulp, dealing in live polar bears is strictly prohibited due to the danger

On 15/05/2016 at 4:07 PM, ArborVitae said:

Well .. I think they will release SQ42 episode 1 this year in Q4 and star citizen with persistent universe, somewhere around Q1/Q2 of 2017 .. Followed by sq42 episode 2&3 in 

Q3 and Q4 of 2017 

And we will get the landing on planets and procedural planets in 2018 Q1 :)

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

11 hours ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

And we will get the landing on planets and procedural planets in 2018 Q1

Ehm... That's a feature that they've been working on extensively, and they plan on putting a procedurally generated fully landable planet in the Stanton system before SQ42 even comes out.

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

Can I get an authorisation code for uoltt.org website ?? .. Thanx :)

On 5/26/2016 at 11:10 AM, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

Can I get an authorisation code for uoltt.org website ?? .. Thanx :)

https://uoltt.org/faq/account-linkage-how-to/

If you (or anyone else) has already done these steps let me know what email address you used to sign up was. Sometimes if people make spelling mistakes in their forum name I cannot find you to PM you your key

~Judah

12 hours ago, Judahnator said:

https://uoltt.org/faq/account-linkage-how-to/

If you (or anyone else) has already done these steps let me know what email address you used to sign up was. Sometimes if people make spelling mistakes in their forum name I cannot find you to PM you your key

I've already done those steps :)

Do I pm it to you ?

1 hour ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

I've already done those steps :)

Do I pm it to you ?

There's a little box in your account info for you to enter the code, if you got it. 

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

BTW guys .. Do you think I should upgrade my gladius to the buccaneer ??

if the bucc fits the type of ship you want more so than the gladius, sure.

5 hours ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

BTW guys .. Do you think I should upgrade my gladius to the buccaneer ??

Depends if you wanna be a buccaneer in a Buccaneer or a buccaneer wielding a Gladius. :D

Now after that horrible just-woke-up humor~

I'd say it mostly depends on whether you care or not. The $20 difference between them is fairly evident in their stats:

-The Bucc has over twice the number of maneuvering thrusters to the Gladius, and a pair of Class 3 engines to boot (whereas the Gladius only has a pair of Class 2s). So the Bucc gonna move faster overall and have a better turning ability (by far, I should think). The Bucc's also 2000Kg lighter, so its engines can push it even harder than the Gladius' can to begin with. Neither can carry any cargo, so that rules any potential increased mass from that out of the equation.

-Both ships can fit up to a S2 class power plant, and while the Gladius has a S2 from the get-go, the Bucc has 2 S1 class plants instead. Now if I had to guess based on what I know from other space sims, the single S2 will have a higher capacity than the S1s put together, but the twin S1s will recharge faster. And come the day the S1s get upgraded to a pair of S2s, well then that just blows the single S2 out of the nebula.

-Shielding: this is much in the same vein as the case with the power plants. The Gladius can fit a single S2 shield generator (although it's currently equipped with a S3, so one of those is a typo). The Bucc has 3 S1 shield generators fitted. Once again, lower max charge overall, but faster regen times. That and if they'll all upgraded to S3s, it's no contest on mitigation potential (although I imagine that would rip the hell out of the power plants trying to maintain them if ya did that).

^Now both of those assume "max size" interprets for each slot shown to be occupied. In the case of the Bucc, if max size means your max S3 shield means either "you can fill these 3 hardpoints with 3 S3 shield generators" or "you can fill these 3 hardpoints with shield generators that ADD UP to a S3 (1+1+1, 2+1, single S3)", then that would skew things. Then you'd be able to decide (on both ships) whether ya go with the single S2 power plant, or double S1s, and so forth with the shielding as well. Although depending on the Gladius' shield stats, if the currently equipped S3 is the typo and it really is limited to a S2, then the Bucc can have a larger shield pool available. I don't know if enough's been implemented into the PU yet or not to see what kind of ship internals customization is available, and I haven't been in there in a few months either, so hopefully someone would know better than I do on that with the component sizing. I'm going off what I know from what I can see on the website at this point.

-Final point: weapon breakdowns. The Bucc has:

• Two fixed S1s
  • Two gimbaled S3s
  • Two S1 pylons for missiles
  • One unmanned S4 turret

The Gladius has:

• Two fixed S2s
  • One gimbaled S1
  • Two S2 pylons for missiles

Power plant energy draw aside, the Bucc easily wins the firepower contest from a gunnery standpoint. Practically seems like a gunship rather than the interdictor they mark it as. The Gladius does indeed to match up with its intended short-range patrol fighter they mark it as; reasonable guns and +size missiles for heavier targets.

So that's what I got. At this stage, an extra 20 bucks over the Gladius for the Bucc gets you a veritable gunship death-machine. That assumes neither of them get retuned at any stage, but that's what I come to with the info I have. Hopefully it wasn't horrible. xD

-This space intentionally left blank-

10 hours ago, Creiger said:

Depends if you wanna be a buccaneer in a Buccaneer or a buccaneer wielding a Gladius. :D

Now after that horrible just-woke-up humor~

****Snippy McSnipFace****

Holy crap .. I was expecting a yes / no answer ..

But you just went at it like your girlfriend's ex wanted to get back together with her .. Lol

17 hours ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

Holy crap .. I was expecting a yes / no answer ..

But you just went at it like your girlfriend's ex wanted to get back together with her .. Lol

In that case, yes. xD

So I haven't looked at the game for an age. Is there any chance my Freelancer MIS is in game yet in a flying and preferably exploding things capacity?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

3 hours ago, GzeroD said:

So I haven't looked at the game for an age. Is there any chance my Freelancer MIS is in game yet in a flying and preferably exploding things capacity?

The MIS is as far as I know not flyable yet, but the base Freelancer is.

Alpha 2.4 is in public testing now and that adds the first steps of persistence, so that should be very exciting to look forward to. 

1 minute ago, Wauthar said:

The MIS is as far as I know not flyable yet, but the base Freelancer is.

Alpha 2.4 is in public testing now and that adds the first steps of persistence, so that should be very exciting to look forward to. 

Thanks for the swift response good sir.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Speaking of the persistent 'verse, have they given a clear indicator if they're going to do a wipe post-beta come time for release to go live or not? Of course pledged ships and whatever credits were gotten from pledges would persist through to launch, but everything else would get zapped. Kinda seems like they'd have to do a wipe if they expect any newcomers to have a shot at discovering any "unknown" places (as well as scrambling coordinates so anyone from beta couldn't immediately just zip back out there again right away).

9 hours ago, Creiger said:

Speaking of the persistent 'verse, have they given a clear indicator if they're going to do a wipe post-beta come time for release to go live or not? Of course pledged ships and whatever credits were gotten from pledges would persist through to launch, but everything else would get zapped. Kinda seems like they'd have to do a wipe if they expect any newcomers to have a shot at discovering any "unknown" places (as well as scrambling coordinates so anyone from beta couldn't immediately just zip back out there again right away).

They haven't .. But I think they SHOULD do it .. Because umm... Errhhh... Ehhhaaaahhhh ... .. Erah !!

Because reasons ..

11 hours ago, Creiger said:

They always said they would do a full wipe after the Beta, going into Launch (that's why Operation Pitchfork got so big in such a short amount of time), but quite a while ago CIG said they were steering away from that.

OPf will be a pure suicide run and people thought it would be fun since it wouldn't matter, but a big part got scared away when it got "announced" in a 10ftC.

Recently there have been no talks about it, from what I've heard, but personally I'm horribly out of the loop on the '10 for the ...' videos.

15 hours ago, Wauthar said:

They always said they would do a full wipe after the Beta, going into Launch (that's why Operation Pitchfork got so big in such a short amount of time), but quite a while ago CIG said they were steering away from that.

OPf will be a pure suicide run and people thought it would be fun since it wouldn't matter, but a big part got scared away when it got "announced" in a 10ftC.

Recently there have been no talks about it, from what I've heard, but personally I'm horribly out of the loop on the '10 for the ...' videos.

Ah; gotcha. Probably a safe bet to assume it's subject to change until the time comes then if it already flipped once.