Nvidia to launch GTX 1660 Ti; 1060 Replacement?

Go to solution Solved by poochyena,

I want my gtx 1234 ti

no, better, gtx 1337 ti for the most elite gamerz

3 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

I'm sure they've also seen HUGE RMA numbers for their RTX cards, too.

Just making up names for selling their lower-binned RMA's stock lol

If Nvidia had just been logical and used GTX instead of RTX and kept the same 20 series numbering, so GTX 2050 instead of this 1660 bullshit, this wouldnt be a problem. Fuck you jensen

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

GTX 1660 Ti? okay that's it time to fire whoever's naming products at nVidia.

That aside the card seems to be the budget option yet to exist, it'll be a GTX 1070 for likely a hundred bucks less... not bad and should give the RX580 and RX590 a run for their money.

i don't know how it's equivalent to a 1070. it has 25% less core, 25% less vram and interface is couple times smaller too. Can you explain how it's equivalent ?

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

appears to be a GPU slightly below the 1070.

well we have a GPU placed between the rx 590 and gtx 1070. 

question is pricing.

goddamn it's like decimals in between numbers.

580/1060 then 590, then 1660 ti, then 1070

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

10 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

What???

Nvidia's model line up would be less confusing if every card was just called Bob, and the VRAM was alluded to through hand gestures.

I would love if every card would be called bob

"yeah I have a 9900k and a nvidia bob in my pc, and the bob has aiskldfh;jsdafn of vram"

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Why can't they just leave the card as is and remove the RTX and AI stuff. But nooooo, let's remove some CUDA cores as well so it will under-perform against the RTX version so we can get suckers into buying an RTX version. Usually the new xx60 card replaced the previous XX70 card and now the xx60Ti card is below the previous xx70. We are being taken for a serious ride if this is true. Console master race here I come!

5 minutes ago, ouroesa said:

Why can't they just leave the card as is and remove the RTX and AI stuff. But nooooo, let's remove some CUDA cores as well so it will under-perform against the RTX version so we can get suckers into buying an RTX version. Usually the new xx60 card replaced the previous XX70 card and now the xx60Ti card is below the previous xx70. We are being taken for a serious ride if this is true. Console master race here I come!

At the same CUDA core count, a non-RT core Turing card should be identical for less power draw in nearly every game.

3 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

man for real? i thought this was a joke, that name is too stupid odd ,  plus it's 2019, why would you name a gpu like that?

they thought it was still 2018

✨FNIGE✨

Card names are getting out of hand lmfao what the hell nvidia.

Wonder how many shrooms were done in the naming department when this was decided

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

At the same CUDA core count, a non-RT core Turing card should be identical for less power draw in nearly every game.

I mean if the card was a RTX 2060 just stripped down of Tensor and RT cores, then yeah the actual RTX 2060 wouldn't sell ever because whoever's after ray tracing would just go with the 2080 and 2080 Ti.

Obvious thinking here, we might still get GTX 1770 Ti and GTX 1880 TI and GTX TITAN 1990 Ti² being the 2070 2080 and 2080 Ti non RTX parts lmao.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Or they make a Turing card called the 1080 so we have to call the pascal based one the 1080P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

I mean if the card was a RTX 2060 just stripped down of Tensor and RT cores, then yeah the actual RTX 2060 wouldn't sell ever because whoever's after ray tracing would just go with the 2080 and 2080 Ti.

Obvious thinking here, we might still get GTX 1770 Ti and GTX 1880 TI and GTX TITAN 1990 Ti² being the 2070 2080 and 2080 Ti non RTX parts lmao.

The 1070-class Die was always too big for Nvidia to go mass market on. At least for the cost structure they've established for themselves. The new "1660 Ti" die should be around 225mm2 where the 2060 die is 445mm2. It's 2 SMs compared to the 1060 larger, or about 20% more CUDA cores + the Turing improvements. It's a 1080p card with minor 1440p abilities. It'll be faster than the RX 590 by about 15% for the few months before AMD completely replaces Polaris.

Then, the real fun begins. Nvidia, once their full stack is out, is going to "help" developers push their Async functions. They're going to murder the Maxwell and Pascal card performances through new features that they don't do. All of those games that had really good Radeon performance, relative to Nvidia? Yeah, expect that effect to happen to all games. Nvidia, rightly, treats their biggest competition the viability of their older products. I kind of wish this part wasn't predictable. 

@Nvidia pls fire your naming department. Thanks!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

GTX1660Ti or RTX1660Ti?? ROFLCRAP! No really, what the actual crap??????

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

12 hours ago, maartendc said:

Fake

This is Videocardz. The owner of that site always wait's for stuff to be confirmed before it's posted, unlike WCCFTECH. So you can basically bet that this will be a real product, even if the name isn't 100% correct.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

4 minutes ago, Carclis said:

This is Videocardz. The owner of that site always wait's for stuff to be confirmed before it's posted, unlike WCCFTECH. So you can basically bet that this will be a real product, even if the name isn't 100% correct.

Best was the time he leaked the email that included the line "And don't leak this to VideoCardz". 

12 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

GTX 1660 Ti? okay that's it time to fire whoever's naming products at nVidia.

That aside the card seems to be the budget option yet to exist, it'll be a GTX 1070 for likely a hundred bucks less... not bad and should give the RX580 and RX590 a run for their money.

Meh last gen's $250 GTX 1060 was a GTX 980 plus 2GB VRAM for a much larger discount, while this sounds like GTX 1070 minus 2GB vram. I might still buy it since my 970 is getting long in the tooth after more than four years and there are at least two games coming this year that I'm dying to play at 60 fps (Sekiro Shadows Die Twice and Dying Light 2), but I can't say I'm excited about Turing. Especially with DLSS still not being implemented in anything but that Final Fantasy XV demo AFAIK.

2 hours ago, TheKDub said:

@Nvidia pls fire your naming department. Thanks!

I'd rather they fire the assholes who keep jacking up the prices each gen tbh

38 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I'd rather they fire the assholes who keep jacking up the prices each gen tbh

Eh, the prices bounce around a bit but haven't changed a ton in the past few years (Excluding the RTX cards).

The RTX cards are a special beast because they've got all their RTX magic going on, and we don't know what's happening in terms of GTX cards at the moment.

GTX 680 launched at $500 USD, GTX 670 at $400 USD, GTX 660 at $230 USD.

GTX 780 launched at $650 USD, GTX 770 at $400 USD, GTX 760 at $250 USD.
GTX 980 launched at $550 USD, GTX 970 at $330 USD, GTX 960 at $200 USD.
GTX 1080 launched at $550 USD, GTX 1070 at $380 USD, GTX 1060 at $250 USD.

RTX 2080 launched at $700 USD, RTX 2070 at $600 USD, RTX 2060 at $350.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Introducing the new GTX 90210, it has 1500 Luke Perry cores and 96 Brian Austin computer cores.  The ti version has extra shannon doherty.

1 hour ago, Carclis said:

Video cardz were the ones that claimed LTT, GN et al were getting kickbacks from vendors to visit booths at trade shows.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 minutes ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

STOP IT, LEARN TO COUNT

not only nvidia, ifoan/ fall out/ battlefield and much more