What is the best Christmas present you have ever got?

Vudu

So, 

I am a little interested in what is the best present you have ever got for Christmas?  And Why?

7 hours ago, Vudu said:

So, 

I am a little interested in what is the best present you have ever got for Christmas?  And Why?

My ex left the country, for good, Dec 25th of this year. I'd say that was the best gift anyone could ever give me

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Probably my first Apple Watch. Used it every day since I got it for 3 years :) 

A Ferrari experience day. I got to drive a 430 Challenge (the race version, with the proper race-car interior, not the road car version) around a track. It was a intensely spiritual experience. I also took an Aerial Atom out for a play that day, at my own expense, which was also incredible.   

Well this year I got a pair of backcountry Nordic skis. I am really excited to use them whenever I get snow.

Also got this cool shirt.

bgfdf.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

ive neve received xmas present, people from my place dont celebrate this, it just a thing of young folks

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Multiple years ago, I built my first computer for Christmas.

While it was trash compared to what I have now, that rig will always hold a special place in my heart. For me, it's pretty much where it all started.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Smack down the best i got was my project truck "roller" back in 2015, a Chevy C10 1984, mom and grandmom surprised me with the money that i used to buy it, grandpa paid the body shop for it.

Its still an ongoing project, i have everything i need for it including the numbers matching engine (although i'm planing on swaping it for something more modern in the next years), the body is taking longer than usual but its coming out quite fine.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

The Wii, 1 month after release in 2006. Was hard to get, but I got it.
I remember there being a website that tracked multiple stores for when stocks were replenished, was able to snag one from FutureShop (with my mother right beside me to complete the transaction... Don't steal your parent's credit card kids)

It still works today.

Other than that, money is the best present. I can just buy whatever I truly want with it...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Easily my Xbox 360 I got in 2008, that thing still works nearly as well as when I got it even after abusing it for nearly 7-8 years of non-stop daily usage, and I made some awesome friends on there, and it's what really pushed into gaming.

20 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

A Ferrari experience day. I got to drive a 430 Challenge (the race version, with the proper race-car interior, not the road car version) around a track. It was a intensely spiritual experience. I also took an Aerial Atom out for a play that day, at my own expense, which was also incredible.   

As the owner of a 308GT4, I welcome you to the fold. Driving a Ferrari is not something you can tell others how much fun it is, they have to experience it for themselves. Then, and only then, will they understand what the addition is.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

• 10 months later...
On 12/27/2018 at 8:06 PM, spwath said:

Well this year I got a pair of backcountry Nordic skis. I am really excited to use them whenever I get snow.

Also got this cool shirt.

bgfdf.jpg

OK Boomer!

This is going to sound kinda boring, but the best Christmas-present I've gotten and keep getting every year is....a big, heavy and juicy ham right out of the oven on Christmas Eve. It's just so fricking tasty, I always end up eating so much I roll on the floor the rest of the day because I'm so stuffed it hurts. Still, it's worth it. Every. Single. Time.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Nokia N-Gage that I got 16 years ago, odd one, but I loved it and still got it on my shelf in working condition even, other than that, on being a dick side of things my ex got cheated on by the guy she left me for, so maybe karma does exist in some way.

I once received the Lego Millennium Falcon UCS set. I made a deal with my parents that I won't get a birthday present so I can get double on Christmas. 

It's an amazing piece of art and still my favorite spaceship. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

For me the best gift is seeing what's left of the family be together in one place. It's kinda cool, and another thing I look forward to - grandmas cooking.

But material wise... Maybe my old iPad? That was cool. Now I'm old enough to buy myself gifts so ?

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

a lump of coal...?

jk

it was a piece of agate from a coworker who's into rocks.

but besides this, not much, usually just some low effort cards and generic plastic waste. i dont do christmas.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

On 12/28/2018 at 7:52 AM, TetraSky said:

Other than that, money is the best present. I can just buy whatever I truly want with it...

I'd argue no.

Simply because I don't know about u but for me deciding what to buy is sorta impossible. If i did get money I would just convince myself not to get anything and save the money for later. WHEN i need to spend it. AKA getting a real gift is better (logically speaking) because u avoid this issue if your like me. Plus u have the benefit of not wanting to go to the store to return it for money. So it works out. 

The issue that arises then tho is people stop giving u gifts once u realize this.... soo

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......

6 hours ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

but for me deciding what to buy is sorta impossible

Sounds like a you problem.

If you don't know what to buy, why do you believe others would? Pretty much every gifts I've received, either ended up gathering dust for months/years or in the trash because I simply didn't have a need or want for them. Because people don't usually wait to be gifted something, they buy it themselves if they want it. Unless they are kids without jobs. In which case money is an even more preferable option because we all know adults simply have no clue what kids truly want, it's been that way for many generations.

Then you have people to whom to give stuff and the first thing out of their month after the gift giving part is asking if you kept the receipt. So that "benefit" of yours is moot. Nothing stops you from returning it unless they outright tells you they didn't keep the receipt.

There's nothing wrong with just saving money until you have a need for it at a later date, if you don't know what to spend it on at the moment. In fact if a lot of people give you a bit of money, at the end you have a lot of it which means you can buy a single big present for yourself... Like a new PC, game console or whatever else.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Nintendo 64 with Turok.

The game scared me too much so my mom got me Mario Kart and Blast Corps instead.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 12/26/2018 at 11:39 PM, Vudu said:

So, 

a sucky suck, and also I got a xbox one a while back