AMD set to be added to NASDAQ 100 because of $18.54 Billion Market Capitalization

AlTech

AnandTech and ExtremeTech report that AMD is set to be added to the NASDAQ 100 stock index of non financial companies composed of the top 100 non financial companies on the stock market based upon their rather sizeable $18.54 Billion market capitalization.

This is what AMD had to say:

"2018 has been another exciting year for AMD as we delivered new high-performance computing and graphics products for the gaming, PC and datacenter markets,” said Ruth Cotter, senior vice president, Worldwide Marketing, Human Resources and Investor Relations. “Joining the NASDAQ-100 Index further demonstrates the progress we’ve made in recent years to transform the company, execute our long-term strategy and deliver a robust product and technology roadmap.”

Well done AMD! Here's to hoping they continue to deliver amazing products through 2019 like the rumored RX 3000 and Ryzen 3000 series (learn more here).

#JoinTheRebellion #TeamRed

AMD on Thursday announced that it would be added to the NASDAQ 100 index of non-financial companies next week. The chip company will be added to the list due to its increased market capitalization, which is a result of successful launches of its Ryzen and EPYC processors as well as a regular product roadmap and cadence.

The price of AMD’s stock has increased by nearly two times since mid-January 2017: from $9.75 per share to $18.49. As a result, AMD’s market capitalization at press time was $18.54 billion (based on data from Yahoo Finance). After reporting $1.653 billion in revenue and $102 million in net income for Q3 2018, the company has $1.06 billion in cash and has about $1.3 billion dollars in outstanding debts, gradually being paid back.

What is perhaps more important than the most recent financial results is that AMD’s gross margins reached 40%. The company’s margins increased primarily because AMD can now compete against Intel in high-performance and high-margin desktops as well as servers. Virtually all leading suppliers of PCs and servers have introduced machines based on the Ryzen and EPYC CPUs. The latter are now offered by cloud providers, such as Amazon and Oracle. The company yet has to gain increased share inside notebooks, yet investors seem to be optimistic about its prospects.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

started from the Bulldozer now we here.

Haha yeah. I have FX8350 and it still works with all games. Though all 8 threads can get around 80% utilized. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Doobeedoo said:

Haha yeah. I have FX8350 and it still works with all games. Though all 8 threads can get around 80% utilized. 

Bro, don't even talk to me I still run a Phenom X2  ?

(Thuban was actually a cool name for once)

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Very nice, healthy grow for them. They're rally holding their momentum. Can't wait to see 7nm products. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Nicnac said:

Bro, don't even talk to me I still run a Phenom X2  ?

(Thuban was actually a cool name for once)

Haha, well. Also the 6core ye? They're not too far in performance xD

2 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Haha, well. Also the 6core ye? They're not too far in performance xD

yup, the 1055T

still waiting to have a little more free time to get back into gaming a little. Would love to replace my system with it's true successor imo, the 1600 or 2600 :D 

Also, I would love to do some warframe streaming via my old rig... yea things on the list...

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

2 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

yup, the 1055T

still waiting to have a little more free time to get back into gaming a little. Would love to replace my system with it's true successor imo, the 1600 or 2600 :D 

Also, I would love to do some warframe streaming via my old rig... yea things on the list...

Right, might really wait for new series now though. 

3 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Right, might really wait for new series now though. 

I'm afraid Zen 3 will be old once I finally find some time ?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I'm afraid Zen 3 will be old once I finally find some time ?

Haha, busy schedule huh. I too am kinda short on time for gaming (as much as I'd like to) currently. Though I can muster few hours :3

But once I get my new system. Nothing else matters. :D

6 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Haha, busy schedule huh. I too am kinda short on time for gaming (as much as I'd like to) currently. Though I can muster few hours :3

But once I get my new system. Nothing else matters. :D

studying ?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

studying ?

Ahh. Yeah, I'm done with it and sick of it, done but still sick of it. Actual practice is where it's at now, practice ftw: :)

And now remember this: AMD was predicted to go bankrupt by 2020 just a few years ago

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

On 12/24/2018 at 2:50 PM, poochyena said:

I bought AMD shares at around $9.50, so i'm very happy .

And to think, before Ryzen's launch, I told my dad to hold off of AMD stock due to them making pretty garbage products beforehand; that Ryzen could turn out to just be all hype and no muscle like many of their products in the past...

Boy do I feel stupid.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

Hope they can keep up the momentum. 

Wonder if this is going to one day be documented as a comeback story.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, Emberstone said:

And to think, before Ryzen's launch, I told my dad to hold off of AMD stock due to them making pretty garbage products beforehand; that Ryzen could turn out to just be all hype and no muscle like many of their products in the past...

Boy do I feel stupid.

I pretty much knew their stock value was going to go up a lot but I never bothered to do anything about it. Think I'd rather not have believed in them than basically knew things were going to go well and not capitalize on it it.

If only you could trade in regrets for money.

9 hours ago, Emberstone said:

Boy do I feel stupid.

Told my dad to invest because it was unlikely the price would go lower.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:34 AM, Nicnac said:

guess its kinda funny how it goes, stuck at 14nm and now everybody knows

On 12/24/2018 at 4:34 PM, Nicnac said:

Started LOOOOONG before bulldozer my friend ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

All this Ryzen 3 motivated me to buying stock. Takes a bit of time, would buy before CES.

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Told my dad to invest because it was unlikely the price would go lower.

Zero isn't the lowest things in the stock market can go, they can get much worse than that.  Though saying so with the recent AMD example rings incredibly hollow.

I don't think we'll ever know how close AMD was to closing their door, or appreciate how much of a save ryzen has been for them.

Just now, MoonSpot said:

Zero isn't the lowest things in the stock market can go, they can get much worse than that.  Though saying so with the recent AMD example rings incredibly hollow.

I don't think we'll ever know how close AMD was to closing their door, or appreciate how much of a save ryzen has been for them.

The stock was 2 dollars a share at the time and the rumors had the new cpus being haswell performancewise so it was pretty much a sire thing that the stock price would go up. The chances of it going lower than 2 dollars was basically 0. 

On 12/26/2018 at 12:33 PM, Agost said:

And now remember this: AMD was predicted to go bankrupt by 2020 just a few years ago

More than just a few years ago,  they were actually on the brink by a very considerable margin for 5 years running, That is why their stock price bottomed out for so long.  I've always said how they managed to not actually dissolve is a absolute miracle.  

https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/04/24/how-close-is-advanced-micro-devices-inc-to-bankrup.aspx

They have been very lucky. Having an Altman-z score that low for that long is almost unheard of.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Good on AMD! 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case