Do YOU still believe in God?

Jz1

Do I still believe in God? Well...to be honest...I've never stopped. I believe in the one and only Lord Jesus Christ, and as stated on my profile page, I believe that I couldn't get through my life without him. You don't have to agree with me, but that's what I believe and no one could tell me otherwise. This is not me being arrogant, just not letting others influence my thinking. :)

I agree 100%. I always have, and hopefully always will believe in God. I have my reasonings for believing in him, and others have their reasons for not believing in him. Whether you believe or not doesn't matter to me. My faith and beliefs are what get me through my life everyday. I know not everybody agrees, but I honestly couldn't care less.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Funny how religion is dependent on your parents but gravity is universal, as well as all the laws of nature.

Anyone saying, "I'm a <insert religion here>" is really saying, "my parents told me to be a <insert religion here>, or sleep out in the barn/sidewalk". How many of you actually went to a few churches of different religions to determine the best one for you?

None.

Yet, how many of you have researched the differences between AMD and Intel and AMD(ATI) and Nvidia, to make your choice?

Everyone.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I strongly Believe in the probability of a deity existing. most likely in a form of an highly evolved and advanced alien species so far gone that they're indistinguishable from what is seem as a conventional God. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Funny how religion is dependent on your parents but gravity is universal, as well as all the laws of nature.

Anyone saying, "I'm a <insert religion here>" is really saying, "my parents told me to be a <insert religion here>, or sleep out in the barn/sidewalk". How many of you actually went to a few churches of different religions to determine the best one for you?

None.

Yet, how many of you have researched the differences between AMD and Intel and AMD(ATI) and Nvidia, to make your choice?

Everyone.

My Gf would be your exception, she was raised atheist and experimented with different religions till she found one that she felt was the most true. still unsure how you can choose a religion but hey, she did :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

None.

Everyone.

To be honest you do have a point but let me tell you and everyone else this, being a Christian isn't about being religious, going through all the rituals amongst other things, being a Christian is just about having a relationship with the one and only Lord Jesus Christ. Think of it as a relationship between you and a friend or your father, who you may be close to, but the relationship with God is way more than that. Unfortunately though, and this is not being arrogant, if you're not a Christian then you can't really understand this personal relationship with the one and only Heavenly Father.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

My Gf would be your exception, she was raised atheist and experimented with different religions till she found one that she felt was the most true. still unsure how you can choose a religion but hey, she did :P

So no one from her family or friends is a member of that religion? (or you)

It's like she was trying on a bunch of pants, then said: "I like THAT one"  and goes to pay the cashier.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

So no one from her family or friends is a member of that religion? (or you)

nope. the only religious ones in her family are uniting church of england, I'm baptised under the Uniting Church of Australia and she follows one of those New Age Movement churches, which i must say are pretty cool even if i don't believe in what they preach :P

This is interesting.  Was she atheist because she did not agree with certain religions or because she had never really considered it before?  Technically, I suppose it is possible to be an atheist without ever thinking about different religions, but being ignorant of different belief systems is a little bit of a different scenario than looking at different religions and disagreeing with the principles of said religions.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I strongly Believe in the probability of a deity existing. most likely in a form of an highly evolved and advanced alien species so far gone that they're indistinguishable from what is seem as a conventional God. 

post-4302-0-29848000-1389497992.jpg

so God is an inter-dimensional alien race?

Considering how the laws of physics works, one would need to be outside of the universe in-order to create it....

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I used to believe in god, Santa Claus too. And then one day at summer camp as an innocent child I overheard blasphemers say that Santa Claus was not real. I confronted them. He IS Real! I said to them. We argued for a time and left it alone. When I got home I asked my parents if Santa was real, and they said no...

I did not stop believing in god that day, but a seed was planted that would eventually lead to a severing of my beliefs.

Later on I saw things... terrible things, unholy things, a creature so twisted and vile that I thought to myself that if such a creature exists in nature, then one of only two possibilities was correct. God does exist, or god exists and he is a wicked and malevolent god.

I will now reveal that creature. Do not follow this link lightly. I wanted to shelter your fragile little minds, you need to understand.

http://www.fws.gov/midwest/marquette/images/Marquette_setting_2.jpg

How would a good and just god allow the carrot top of fish to exist in the world?

I hope that you're not being serious... that fish just looks like another fish to me... I don't see how it's vile.

I hope that you're not being serious... that fish just looks like another fish to me... I don't see how it's vile.

If you find nothing disturbing about that fish, I don't know what to say.  It is not exactly flounder.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Question: Can this thread continue nicely without being locked by an Admin or a Mod? We should aim to keep nice and not get into a heated debate. You should also aim to respect others believes and not slam them, so to speak, not everyone is going to believe what you believe. I, myself, have to accept that.

And @Sabron, maybe you should change the title to just "Do you believe in God?" to lesson the chance of a heated debate developing.

Question: Can this thread continue nicely without being locked by an Admin or a Mod? We should aim to keep nice and not get into a heated debate. You should also aim to respect others believes and not slam them, so to speak, not everyone is going to believe what you believe. I, myself, have to accept that.

This thread has been civil.  What is the issue?

If you find nothing disturbing about that fish, I don't know what to say.  It is not exactly flounder.

It just looks like another sea creature...

This thread has been civil.  What is the issue?

It's just a precaution post, I know it has been civil so far, however they don't always stay that way.

It just looks like another sea creature...

It looks like a combo of an eel and a sarlacc !!!

I am now and will always be a Christian so I would say yes I do believe in God....

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

It looks like a combo of an eel and a sarlacc !!!

Okay... what does that have to do with anything? It's a fish.

To be honest you do have a point but let me tell you and everyone else this, being a Christian isn't about being religious, going through all the rituals amongst other things, being a Christian is just about having a relationship with the one and only Lord Jesus Christ. Think of it as a relationship between you and a friend or your father, who you may be close to, but the relationship with God is way more than that. Unfortunately though, and this is not being arrogant, if you're not a Christian then you can't really understand this personal relationship with the one and only Heavenly Father.

You know you said nothing pertaining to the subject at hand right? Derailing is not very christian of you.

nope. the only religious ones in her family are uniting church of england, I'm baptised under the Uniting Church of Australia and she follows one of those New Age Movement churches, which i must say are pretty cool even if i don't believe in what they preach :P

A cultist! Yea! :lol:

Is god just a cruel joke to us humans? It torments me everyday thinking If I should believe or not, I mean I don't feel a connection with God. I sort of did when I was a kid but I think that with time I've gotten older and wiser and its coming to the point where I need to decide if I want to keep trolling myself. I always felt like I was talking to a wall, but maybe there are phenomenal things out there, cause I have definitely experienced it. Hearing weird noises at night and having something touch me at night. (Not Sexual). I've heard my name whispered many times when I've been sleeping but I think that might be from Schizophrenia because my dad has it and I think I adopted it as well.

I've had many occasions of when I feel like something is going into my body or perhaps spirit? and my heart starts beating incredibly fast and I wake up scared s**tless, I also get sleep paralysis where I can't move or anything until its over.

If you're not going to take this post seriously then don't say anything cause I'm looking for answers right now.

no he is not,(forgive me if i sound a little rude) the reason you dont feel the presence of God now is because when you were a kid it was not because you weren't wise its because you had faith so something in you knew he was real but now you have lost faith and are beging to question if he his real . the things you feeling going in to your body is not God,God would not torment his childern that he gave his ONLY son to die for our sins, what you feel or hear and night is, i do not know but, i do know its not God! if you want answers google "The Turth Project" and if you have any questions just ask me :) (God the one ture God is loving and kind just remember that) here is a video that you should look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT1laELMSm4&list=PL46A5E2F66F3EEB7D  and yes i still believe in GOD

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

For some reason people on these forums love religion threads don't they

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"