Do YOU still believe in God?

Jz1

because we can analyze the ground and rocks and see that in fact there was no global flood. There were however seasonal floods that happened the Iraqi flood plane (thus the name) and there are dosens of myths that predate the bible by thousands of years that share similarities with the Genesis story. explain that.....

I don't think we need any proof to discount the absurdity that Noah build a boat big enough to accommodate two of every single animal. 

I don't think we need any proof to discount the absurdity that Noah build a boat big enough to accommodate two of every single animal. 

Two of every animal, how would they reproduce because imbreeding is against the bible and don't get me started on Adam and Eve, surely their offspring would also have to have imbred to create humanity??

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

How do you know that it was born out of a lack of understanding? I don't know why you are pitting science against religion. They aren't opposites. I believe in science. I also believe in a God who created science and gave us the ability to think critically and with common sense.

Why is it that you require very specific proof of scientific knowledge but not for your god?

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

Here we go again....

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

some christians say that atheists who are good people can still go to heaven (if there is one).

Thus, I don't care about the whole issue. 

Science rocks. 

And I won't waste my time praying. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about not believe in a Big Bang of some sorts, I just said the timeline may be off. And you  could argue that the burden lies on the "atheist" (although there is no such thing). You could argue that historically there has been the notion that there is a god of some sort so to say there isn't, you should prove it. And I don't believe in some ghost who lives distantly off. That would be a deist. I believe in a person God who interacts with his people.

Just do this for me (and you): define "God". I don't mean describe God. I mean really define God. You are a human being. A Homo Sapien Sapien. God is a _____. Of course, I don't expect a genus and species name.

no i grew  up

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

God is like Sasquatch some people have seen him, some people believe in him....there both just hairy.....lol. God is an imaginary friend for adults!!! 

Soon to come

I'm an atheist simply out of laziness. No way in hell am I keeping up with those damn religious demands! :P

i know right,all this standing up, sitting down and knelling. I wish the priest just picked a position and fucked me. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

• 2 weeks later...

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about not believe in a Big Bang of some sorts, I just said the timeline may be off. And you  could argue that the burden lies on the "atheist" (although there is no such thing). You could argue that historically there has been the notion that there is a god of some sort so to say there isn't, you should prove it. And I don't believe in some ghost who lives distantly off. That would be a deist. I believe in a person God who interacts with his people.

By this, do you mean there is no such thing as the burden of proof or there is no such thing as an atheist?

Also, for as long as people have claimed the existence of a god, there have been those who doubted. The idea of a god had to arise before the skeptic.

I always wonder how the OP come to the conclusion that these type of threads are a good idea....

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

By definition a God is a being so no not really... I do believe nature (that is everything, the universe etc) has a certain rhythm and in that rhythm is where I see what could be as closely approximated to a God.

I just roll with it and try to be a positive influence.