Do YOU still believe in God?

Jz1

I do believe ther is a higher power, but not the way the bible and the church describe it, there are too many discrepancies within the stuff said on the bible that make you doubt, but who knows, maybe there is, maybe there isn't, I believe it doesn't really matter as long as you enjoy life and are a good person, because if you are a good person, then if there is a god, you will be happy living in heaven, and if there isn't, then at least you enjoyed life right?

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I'm an atheist, for the simple reason that there is no evidence. Now please, if these threads could stop being posted, that would be great.

"In this moment I am euphoric. Not because of some phony God's blessing, but because I am enlightened by my own intelligence."

4817402+_a23cefd0f4c7bbe5da816ce0f9d7f12

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

Is god just a cruel joke to us humans? It torments me everyday thinking If I should believe or not, I mean I don't feel a connection with God. I sort of did when I was a kid but I think that with time I've gotten older and wiser and its coming to the point where I need to decide if I want to keep trolling myself. I always felt like I was talking to a wall, but maybe there are phenomenal things out there, cause I have definitely experienced it. Hearing weird noises at night and having something touch me at night. (Not Sexual). I've heard my name whispered many times when I've been sleeping but I think that might be from Schizophrenia because my dad has it and I think I adopted it as well.

I've had many occasions of when I feel like something is going into my body or perhaps spirit? and my heart starts beating incredibly fast and I wake up scared s**tless, I also get sleep paralysis where I can't move or anything until its over.

If you're not going to take this post seriously then don't say anything cause I'm looking for answers right now.

Ok. Here's the thing, I can't say whether God exists or not, but the existence of God doesn't really prove or disprove supernatural phenomena. With that said, the second part of your post does ring a bell but I'm afraid I can only give you an answer and not a solution. Look into Shadow People.

Good luck and I suggest you start by purifying your house.

I personally believe in god or a higher might in general. This still doesn't hinder me to study chemistry and believe in scientific discoverys. For me God is the power who created the first particle or something like that. I mean let's face it ... even with infinite time and money humanity can never really explain anything. If we get behind the big bang, the next thing we have to ask is what was before that and so on. So at some point a starting point had to be set, and me belief is that the power or what you'd like to call it is God.

Furthermore I like to think that the ethic that most religions teach (if you read and interpret them right) aren't bad at all. Mostly it's the religious organizations that turn them into bad things.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this.  Will we have all of the answers to every single question anyone could possibly ask?  Of course not.  That would be an impossibility given that new things are being discovered all the time.  New discoveries bring new questions.

I'll assume you are being hyperbolic.  We know vastly more about our existence and how the world operates in comparison to just a couple thousand years ago.  Linus Tech Tips forums is a prime example of this.

I can talk to someone on the other side of the planet through a series of radio waves, ones and zeros, and a device that can transcribe what I'm saying into words for you to understand.  Hell, you don't even have to be speaking English and I can get a grasp of what you're saying through services like Google Translate.  To dismiss it as simply "nothing" is kind of an insult to the brilliant minds that came up with this technology that we take for granted every single day.

NSFW - Language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ELOKnFgP4

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Yes I do,and i don't only believe,I am a Christian so he is My Savior,and I am not ashamed of it one bit, and it is what i think and if you don't like it that is your problem, but please do not hate on me or others who do, thanks :)

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

this is what I told my mon today:

me: mon, is it right that be are the children of adam and eve?

mom: yes

me: then how did black people appear?

then she started yelling at me that kind of question is this and that she doesn't obligue me to belive and some other shitty arguments

I don't call myself an atheist, just that I like to put questions. I hate it that 99.99% of all the cristians say that it's wrong to put questions and they act so weird when you start asking questions

one last thing: if jesus died for your trespasses, don't make his death senseless :P

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Agree'd 

I think religion threads should have their own subforum or not be allowed with how they're happening.. Especially this one, I can see this one being offensive to some people by just how it's titled. 

something like: kitchen furniture and religious topics

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I do believe in God, didn't before and hated religion and Christianity, but now I don't. It took a lot of time reading into the Torah, Bible, Qur'an and many other religious texts before I even started to realize I had a skewed view on one single part of religion. Though to be honest, I do have a few views purely from a Linguistics point that the Bible does not mean or say what 80% of religious people think it says, so yea...

And no, before it is probably assumed, I don't believe science is fake or whatever else. ;)

And I don't think anything is wrong with the subject being discussed or even the title--except that it assumes people always believed or that a lot of people who did suddenly stopped, that isn't really a problem. However, it is the start of potential anti-religious or anti-non religious  posts that will ruin the discussion or hurt people's feelings. Which is how these threads tend to go because people cannot behave themselves even a smidgen.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

one of my favorite quotes:

Throughout history evidence and experimentation has broken many things in religions (everything revolves around Earth, flat Earth, age of the Earth, etc..) with well supported theories (gravity, actual observations from space, carbon dating). To any religious people out there, atheist don't claim to know everything because we don't, in reality religious people don't know everything either. The scientific community and other free thinkers use theories to explain the universe around us. Theories have clear cut evidence or data to support them. If better theories come along we'd go there. We can change our minds if something better comes along. But scientific evidence and data takes time (a LONG time) and is a continually process. Religion is a leap of faith that just answers all unanswered questions with God. But what if science finds an answer with evidence or data for a previously God filled gap? They might not think it possible but it has happened before as I've mentioned earlier in examples. Who looks stupid now? It makes me wonder if something in a supposedly infallible book is discredited, what else could be wrong about it? Religion is by design to control and comfort. Control with laws and doctrine. Comfort with promises of reward and answers. Science has shown us the vastness of the universe and how insignificant humanity is. Humans being as selfish as we are refuse to accept having the wrong answers, we would are prefer to cast out this insignificance with lazy answers; answers which would self-validate one's own intelligence; the supposedly infallible answer of God. It's an unfortunate part of humans, believing we are something more than we are or knowing more than we actually know. This is where religion comes in, it preys on the weak by providing comfort (answers and reward) to further it's ignorant control (laws and doctrine). I don't preach my atheism because to me atheism isn't about knowing all the answers, it's about knowing my place and staying out of the way of others. Religion is the opposite, claiming truth and social-engineering. That's the kind of shit that pisses me off.
-Me

don't be offended if you're a believer

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Religion,in essence,is a great concept,but it fails because of one reason : people rule it.

If you're smart enough you can make something out of it,and the only rule you will end up with is to love other people.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Religion,in essence,is a great concept,but it fails because of one reason : people rule it.

If you're smart enough you can make something out of it,and the only rule you will end up with is to love other people.

Thats why i like Buddhism, its more about treating eachother with respect as well as cause & consequences 

Character artist in the Games industry.

Thats why i like Buddhism, its more about treating eachother with respect as well as cause & consequences 

That's exactly what the essences of every religions are.The rest was made by people to "trap" sheep in their "religion" trap.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That's exactly what the essences of every religions are.The rest was made by people to "trap" sheep in their "religion" trap.

Atleast Buddhism and paganism has gained such mass corruption, its all cool stories, parties and respect

Yes I do,and i don't only believe,I am a Christian so he is My Savior,and I am not ashamed of it one bit, and it is what i think and if you don't like it that is your problem, but please do not hate on me or others who do, thanks :)

I don't have a problem with whatever you believe as long as your beliefs do not infringe upon the rights of others.  Religion should stay out of legislative discourse.  If you simply believe amongst yourself, I have no problem with your decision to do so.

Atleast Buddhism and paganism has gained such mass corruption, its all cool stories, parties and respect

When you say that you are a Buddhist, I'm curious as to what extent you mean.  I know that there are Buddhists who are also atheists.  They are Buddhists in that they live by the teachings of Buddha (or teachings attributed to him) but they are also atheists in that they don't necessarily believe in a supernatural ruler.

I used to believe in god, Santa Claus too. And then one day at summer camp as an innocent child I overheard blasphemers say that Santa Claus was not real. I confronted them. He IS Real! I said to them. We argued for a time and left it alone. When I got home I asked my parents if Santa was real, and they said no...

I did not stop believing in god that day, but a seed was planted that would eventually lead to a severing of my beliefs.

Later on I saw things... terrible things, unholy things, a creature so twisted and vile that I thought to myself that if such a creature exists in nature, then one of only two possibilities was correct. God does exist, or god exists and he is a wicked and malevolent god.

I will now reveal that creature. Do not follow this link lightly. I wanted to shelter your fragile little minds, you need to understand.

http://www.fws.gov/midwest/marquette/images/Marquette_setting_2.jpg

How would a good and just god allow the carrot top of fish to exist in the world?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

When you say that you are a Buddhist, I'm curious as to what extent you mean.  I know that there are Buddhists who are also atheists.  They are Buddhists in that they live by the teachings of Buddha (or teachings attributed to him) but they are also atheists in that they don't necessarily believe in a supernatural ruler.

i believe in Karma, i have witnessed more than enough events that have proven its to me xD.

And a few other things, but i don't believe in a supernatural being... i dont look out for santa every Xmas i dont believe in a god xD

i believe in Karma, i have witnessed more than enough events that have proven its to me xD.And a few other things, but i don't believe in a supernatural being... i dont look out for santa every Xmas i dont believe in a god xD

The argument against karma goes as follows.

Dana Reeve.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I don't. Been an atheist for a while, I don't believe in any superstitions, in my opinion all your experiences are just your mind playing tricks on you.

i believe in Karma, i have witnessed more than enough events that have proven its to me xD.

And a few other things, but i don't believe in a supernatural being... i dont look out for santa every Xmas i dont believe in a god xD

I used to believe in karma.  At first glance, it is a nice concept.  In a way, however, it is a more neutral viewpoint of the world than saying, "I believe in God".  It essentially serves the same purpose with the exception of the omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent ruler attached to it.

I tend to not believe that any such thing exists for the mere fact that so many extremely wealthy people in positions of power take advantage of less fortunate individuals.  If you spend any time watching the news, or doing research online, you will know that the wealthy often have several things available to them that allows them to do these things.

I'm not sure if corporate corruption is nearly as bad in England as it is in the United States, but it is certainly not uncommon for corporations to hire the best lawyers possible to take advantage of as many loopholes as possible.

Now before people read this and attack me for taking issue with successful people, that is not at all my issue.  I have a problem with the fact that corporate executives get fired and immediately receive a bonus.  How the hell does that work?  If you work paycheck to paycheck, or have a semi-successful career, and you get fired, that's it.  You receive no preferential treatment.  You receive no gift basket.  If you become an entrepreneur and end up making millions of dollars, great!  Just don't do it dishonestly.  Pay your workers a decent wage and treat them the way you would want to be treated.

/rant

Do I still believe in God? Well...to be honest...I've never stopped. I believe in the one and only Lord Jesus Christ, and as stated on my profile page, I believe that I couldn't get through my life without him. You don't have to agree with me, but that's what I believe and no one could tell me otherwise. This is not me being arrogant, just not letting others influence my thinking. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator