Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EmNem543

Move LTX 2019/2020 to Florida/Georgia?

That wouldn't be convenient for Linus and the team tho. They chose Vancouver because it's right by where their office is.

Officially LTT's 'coolest' member (yes, that's a pun)

The w is pronounced like v, if you're wondering!

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Spoiler

Current rig (Ninetales):

Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.7GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1070 (8GB), 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, Windows 10 Pro x64

Laptop (Vulpix): 

Intel Core i7-7700HQ, GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2400, Windows 10 Pro x64
More detailed specs on my profile.

On 4/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Rawr9 Furry Sex

Save them pennies. Flights to Van aren't that expensive.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Flights to Vancouver aren't that expensive, all being said and done. Even from Britain it's not that bad

RIP Stan Lee 1922-2018 -- Electro Swing

DIOCLETIAN III : CPU: Core i7-8700K @5.0GhZ || CPU COOLER : BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || MOBO : ASUS STRIX Z370-E || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync || SSDs: 970 EVO 250GB (Boot), 850 EVO 1TB, MX500 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x & Corsair Premium cables || Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG RGB SE|| Monitor: Samsung 28" 4K60HZ ||  KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Browns) || Mouse: Logitech G502 with XXL mouse mat || Audio: SteelSeries Arctis 5, Blue Snowball iCE || Case Fans : 2x Phanteks 140MM Halos RGB, 1x BeQuiet! SilentWings 3 140mm ||

MAXIMIAN II  : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9GhZ|| CPU COOLER : Cooler Master ML240L w/ Corsair SP120 || MOBO : MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon|| GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis (2666) || SSD: TeamGroup L5 Lite 3D 240GB, Intel 545s 256GB || HDD: Barracuda 2TB || PSU: SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 650W w/ Cablemod Basics extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 Black || Monitor: ACER KG1 1440p 144HZ || KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow X Chroma TE  || Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310 || Audio: HyperX Cloud II || Case Fans : 3x Corsair SP120 Blue LED||

LAPTOP - Acer Predator Helios 300 2nd Gen: CPU: Core i7-8750H || GPU: GTX 1060 6GB MxM || RAM: 2*8GB SODIMM || SSD: 256GB Generic + 480GB TeamGroup L5 Lite 3D || CASE: 15.6" Laptop || Monitor: 15" 1080p 144HZ ||  KEYBOARD: Laptop keyboard  || Mouse: Depends || Audio: Usually HyperX Cloud II, but sometimes Arctis 5 or something else

MARCUS AURELIUS II (HTPC) : CPU: i7-2600K || CPU COOLER : ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE || MOBO : ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe || GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ || RAM: 2x8GB Kingston FURY (1866) || SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO  || HDD: Hitachi UltraStar 3TB || PSU: Corsair TX550M || CASE: Metallic Gear NEO Mini || Monitor: LG 65SK8000PUA 65" 4K TV || KEYBOARD: Corsair K63 Wireless || Mouse: Logitech G603 || Audio: Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar || Case Fans : 3x Arctic BioniX 120mm

Mobile: Galaxy S7, Honor 7X || Kindle Fire 10" & 7" - Running Android 6.0 ||

Forum salt merchant so granted by @dizmo, Grand Deacon of the Glorious Brethren and Guardians of the Most High Overlords Asus and Arctic Cooling. All hail thy lord and savior the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE

Um, no! But it would make sense to move it somewhere more central to the US/Canada, Minnesota (Minneapolis) would probably be the most "logical" spot as it hosts many large events with many large-scale meeting spaces, access directly to the Canadian border, Intl Airport, etc. Just sayin'...

Living in the present, for the future, because of the past.

41 minutes ago, hedgehogpro said:

as it hosts many large events with many large-scale meeting spaces, access directly to the Canadian border, Intl Airport, etc. Just sayin'...

AKA expensive...

There is also the huge logistics nightmare to bring any sort of equipment down to the states in the quantity that would be required. Also you have to look at the costs of paying employees extra money due to travel times (esp if it runs into normal operating hours, in which case the loss of man hours on their end), hotel stay, food, car rentals (possibly) and/or fuel costs.

It makes more financial sense to stay in BC and force those who wish to come to pay to come... Truth is flights anywhere to anywhere will be relatively similar. Also your suggestion is really selfish, trying to save a buck and all, forcing at least 20 people to pay more than the ticket to get in (the event is really close to the US border). If you are willing to pay for those peoples stay and travel as well as the extra costs it would cost LMG then sure Minnesota it is then.

Do you expect the San Diego Comic-Con to simply move because you can't attend it and you want to be apart of such a massive event?

On 15.9.2018 at 3:55 AM, EmNem543 said:

Linus should move LTX 2019-future to the southeast temporarily for everybody else who can't afford to fly/drive to Vancouver.

Why?
Because you live there?

They should do it, whereever they want and have a venue that will host them without problems.

They have done it where they have and it doesn't seem like there were no problems for them, why switch to another venue they've never seen, they've never worked with they don't know how well it will work, when they already have something that works well for them??

The only reason for them to switch is if they need more space.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 9/14/2018 at 9:55 PM, EmNem543 said:

Linus should move LTX 2019-future to the southeast temporarily for everybody else who can't afford to fly/drive to Vancouver.

LTX 2019: The Jacksonville Experience!

Sabre - i7-8086K - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X - AsRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming K6 - 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466 RGB - 512GB Samsung 850 Pro - 960GB SanDisk Ultra II - 4TB Seagate Barracuda - Corsair RM650i - Fractal Design Meshify C White TG - Noctua NH-C14S - Ryzen love loses to free Intel silicon

Banzai - i7-6700T - MSI GTX 1050 Ti LP - Gigabyte GA-B150N Phoenix - 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2133 - 240GB Crucial M500 - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda - Seasonic SSP-300SUG - HP Slimline s3200n case - Cryorig C7 - The Spirit of a Ninja Warrior

Hypnotoad - i7-6700 - ASUS Dual GTX 1060 3GB - AsRock Z170AX1/3.1 - 12GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 - 128GB Samsung 850 Pro - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - Corsair CX550M - DIYPC DIY-J21-BK RGB case - Cooler Master Hyper T4 - Aigo RGB fans - RGB strip - Unicorn vomit

I have a buttload of old Dell Optiplexes scattered around here doing various menial tasks.

I am the Living Death.

I am coding your hard disk now.

Your FAT is destroyed and his copy is only in memory.

If you set power off, all your data will be lost !!

Wouldn't moving it to the US also cause a lot of Visa headaches too?

Perhaps John could host one down there all on his todd?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

On 9/14/2018 at 9:55 PM, EmNem543 said:

Flights to Vancouver aren't that much. Why Florida or Georgia? Total shitholes. 

1 hour ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Wouldn't moving it to the US also cause a lot of Visa headaches too?

Perhaps John could host one down there all on his todd?

I don't think so actually. The Visa is for living and working in a country, this would just be visiting. You'd just need a passport.

Would probably be too costly, too time consuming and just too complicated to have all the staff fly to Florida when they could just drive 20 minutes to the venue in town.

11 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

I don't think so actually. The Visa is for living and working in a country, this would just be visiting. You'd just need a passport.

Technically they'd be working and living there (you tell border patrol you are going to a convention to work at it you'll be turned around and possibly banned from crossing the border), Linus could get away with it by saying he is a guest at the event but his workers could be required to apply for work Visas if Linus was to pay for their time down there working at the event. It to me seems like a grey area where they might get away with doing it w/o having Visas but it's something that needs to be looked into if done that route.

Before anyone states about videos like Amazon Go I know they get around those laws because it is all sponsored, basically they get sponsors paying for all costs incurred including worker costs(Dennis got paid but not for the work he did, simply because he punched in and out kind of deal). So while Dennis and Linus where technically working they where invited down by the company who gave them money or they found someone who was willing to cover said costs to go down and record said video, so while yes they where working neither where technically working in the USA in the same sense as they would be in a convention.

lol

Build Logs: Cotton Candy Threads | ZEN CLARITY + | Just NCASE mITX | Noc Noc | NUC | Storage Log

Cotton Candy Threads - CPU AMD Threadripper 2950X | GPU 2x ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti | MOBO Asus ROG Zenith Extreme | MEMORY 128GB (8x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 | STORAGE 3x Samsung 960 Evo SSD + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 8TB 7.2k HDDs | PSU Corsair HX1200i w/ Cablemod Pro Extensions | COOLING Enermax LiqTech TR4 II 360 | CASE Lian Li O11 Dynamic Black | LIGHTING 2x Corsair HD120 Fans, 4x Corsair Addressable RGB Strips, 2x Corsair Commander Pro | PCPP

ZEN CLARITY + - CPU AMD Ryzen 2700X | GPU Radeon Vega 64 STRIX | MOBO Crosshair VII Hero | MEMORY 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Pro SSD + 2x SanDisk Ultra II SSDs | PSU Corsair RM1000i | COOLING Corsair H150i Pro | CASE Crystal 570X | LIGHTING 6x Corsair SP120 Fans, Cablemod Addressable RGB Strip, Corsair Commander Pro | PCPP

Just NCASE mITX - CPU Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz | GPU Asus GTX 1080 STRIX | MOBO Asus Z370-I Gaming | MEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Triden-Z RGB 3000 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Evo 500GB SSD + Corsair MX500 1TB M.2 SSD | PSU Corsair SF600 | COOLING Noctua NH-U9S w/ Redux Push/Pull Fans | CASE NCase M1v5 | LIGHTING 2x Cablemod Addressable RGB Strips | PCPP

Noc Noc, Who's There? - CPU AMD Threadripper 1950X | GPU ASUS RTX 2080 OC | MOBO ASRock X399M Taichi | MEMORY 32GB (4x 8GB) GSkill Trident-Z 3200 | STORAGE Samsung 970 Evo SSD | PSU Corsair HX1000i w/ Cablemod Pro B&W Kit | COOLING Noctua U9 TR4 w/ 2x Redux 92mm | CASE Corsair 280X White | FANS 6x Noctua 140mm Redux | PCPP
On 9/15/2018 at 11:55 AM, EmNem543 said:

https://www.skyscanner.com.au/routes/bne/yvra/brisbane-to-vancouver.html

price: $966 (AUD) (aprox $699.78 USD)

or the price of a cheap iphone....

your parents will be paying for this and i'm sure that they don't want to pay for something like this...

I once wrote a fan fiction between Luke and Dennis for Luke on one of his streams, he never read it, I SPENT 15MIN ON THAT!!!!

and i am also the man who asked Linus to set his profile pic on twitter to something awesome: https://twitter.com/samiscool51/status/758526342396715009

(i didn't expect him to reply, nor for it to turn into official merchandise and actually affect LTT's video style!!!! i am god!!!) 

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/yJ2cQV

Anyone reading this is a very nosy wanker....

Yea then in 2020 they should host it in lovely Modesto or Fresno California just because it's the general area where I live, so I don't have to fly to Vancouver. Also they're such vibrant, beautiful and great cities perfect to host LTX! /s

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - Dell S2716DGR 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, iPhone XS, PS4 Slim.

Fly from NA to vancouver isn't that expansive. I have fly from central europe to vancouver :)

This is like my two salaires with food and hotel :) 

Quote me so I can reply <3

I live in the UK. I can't eaasily afford to fly to either.

LTX 2019 LONDON BABY YEEAAHHH!!!!!

*** Temporarily demoted to a 'Businessman Gamer' *** 

Lenovo Thinkpad X230t  [docked + eGPU] 
i5 3320m  ~  500gb ssd  ~  16gb  ~  Palit GTX680 4gb  

Spoiler

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Consider that east coast to west coast is already further than north-south, then realize that florida is a diagonal line from vancouver on the west coast of canada to the east coast of the southern united states.

I don't think you could have chosen a further location without including mexico or different continents

Delidded 3770k 4.4GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition RX 580 1550MHz/2250MHz  | #2 FireStrike Extreme & #2 Superposition 1080p Xtreme | 32GB DDR3 1600MHz

15 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Wait no!! I live in the Middle-east...

LTX 2019 MIDDLE-EAST EDITION!

hey my flights aren't exactly cheap :c

LTX 2019 FROM THE MOON

(seriously though, if LMG manages to find a solution closer to the midpoint of the two most favourite continents for the same expenditure and effort then why not)

On 9/24/2018 at 10:17 AM, Egg-Roll said:

AKA expensive...

There is also the huge logistics nightmare to bring any sort of equipment down to the states in the quantity that would be required. Also you have to look at the costs of paying employees extra money due to travel times (esp if it runs into normal operating hours, in which case the loss of man hours on their end), hotel stay, food, car rentals (possibly) and/or fuel costs.

It makes more financial sense to stay in BC and force those who wish to come to pay to come... Truth is flights anywhere to anywhere will be relatively similar. Also your suggestion is really selfish, trying to save a buck and all, forcing at least 20 people to pay more than the ticket to get in (the event is really close to the US border). If you are willing to pay for those peoples stay and travel as well as the extra costs it would cost LMG then sure Minnesota it is then.

Do you expect the San Diego Comic-Con to simply move because you can't attend it and you want to be apart of such a massive event?

All I'm saying is that southern US is the least logical place of all, but I currently see no reason for them to move

Living in the present, for the future, because of the past.