Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, Spindel said:

Only car that I have ever owned that I truly missMX5.thumb.jpg.76a3aacb9be17c60ef6efdeaa18b9802.jpg

Yep this is why I’ve decided to never sell mine.

its like all the older guys who miss their triumph’s and MG’s and now they are a bit harder to get or require a lot of work.

so I just fix every little thing on mine and keep it. Just hopefully no one crashes into me lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

its like all the older guys who miss their triumph’s and MG’s and now they are a bit harder to get or require a lot of work.

so I just fix every little thing on mine and keep it. Just hopefully no one crashes into me lol

ls swap when

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

ls swap when

never

26 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I had to sell it when my first kid was about to arrive, apparently it wasn't a family car according to my wife. I had no place to have it so it had to go. 

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

are you @bcredeur97

maybe hes got multiple personalitys that we never knew about

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

44 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

ls swap when

you're gonna ask me that everytime I mention my miata aren't you? Lol. Prob never if I had to be honest, it would be fun though. 

22 minutes ago, Spindel said:

I had to sell it when my first kid was about to arrive, apparently it wasn't a family car according to my wife. I had no place to have it so it had to go. 

I think your wife is right, even I feel like I need 2 cars and can't only have a miata. it's more of a toy, though it worked well as a commuter in college. My other car is a 4 door civic (for now)

By the way guys the $2k civic actually made it to it's registration renewal(2years). Never thought it would get that far lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

you're gonna ask me that everytime I mention my miata aren't you? Lol. Prob never if I had to be honest, it would be fun though. 

Good man.
The only thing that should go in a miata is a 12v cummins

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

23 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

maybe hes got multiple personalitys that we never knew about

18 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Too much 'taste' for just one personality.

LOL

Spoiler

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Good man.
The only thing that should go in a miata is a 12v cummins

haha I just like to keep it original or be able to revert it back to original easily. except maybe a roll bar still feel like it needs one but I also haven't died yet soooo

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

haha I just like to keep it original or be able to revert it back to original easily. except maybe a roll bar still feel like it needs one but I also haven't died yet soooo

bb0258ae8027a77a44a1016403718bc8.png

I'm just amazed that it fits in an Rx8

But yeah. keep it stock if you really like it

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

22 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Well to be fair I've got some catching up to do with that. Think of the sidepipes you could have. Would be sick.

5 hours ago, techswede said:

bb0258ae8027a77a44a1016403718bc8.png

I'm just amazed that it fits in an Rx8

But yeah. keep it stock if you really like it

I mean I wouldn't quite say it fits "in" 😂

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Two different Toyota with two different bent steel wheels. This 17 Camry wheel is just way out. Inner lip of the rim has like 1/8th inch runout and the balancer is asking for 3.5oz.

who can geuss this engine? ill be suprised if someone does

image.png.5e98ba6a225cb26a8658b88beee4a70f.png

1 hour ago, FakeFBI said:

Something japenese 

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Something japenese 

yes, i guess if someone guesses the series of engine ill give hint

12 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Well to be fair I've got some catching up to do with that. Think of the sidepipes you could have. Would be sick.

Uh I’d like to have usable ears for most of my life lol

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

Two different Toyota with two different bent steel wheels. This 17 Camry wheel is just way out. Inner lip of the rim has like 1/8th inch runout and the balancer is asking for 3.5oz.

I have a set of steel wheels I want to get rid of now that ive finished off the tires that were on them. Not sure how tho lol

Spoiler

1 hour ago, FakeFBI said:

tesla model 3 ej25 swap

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 minute ago, FakeFBI said:

yes, i guess if someone guesses the series of engine ill give hint

So it’s a Honda then. Ppl usually say the word “series” when referring to Honda’s 

Spoiler

Just now, vetali said:

tesla model 3 ej25 swap

I was thinking the other day a someone needs to do a V8 (LS) Tesla swap just because of the irony.

I don’t think anyone’s done it yet 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

So it’s a Honda then. Ppl usually say the word “series” when referring to Honda’s 

no, how is it a honda if you can even see the valve cover, was gonna do honda but then it would be too obvious

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

I was thinking the other day a someone needs to do a V8 (LS) Tesla swap just because of the irony.

I don’t think anyone’s done it yet 

Isn't rich rebuilds doing it?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra