Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

On 3/7/2021 at 11:40 AM, Levent said:

Nice, have you ever imported half cuts or drivetrains? I was wondering if the whole process is easier and cheaper compared to full on cars? 

Would probs be both cheaper and easier since they take up less space in containers, and are parts as opposed to full cars. 

Can't say i have any experience in it tho. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

10 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Would probs be both cheaper and easier since they take up less space in containers, and are parts as opposed to full cars. 

Can't say i have any experience in it tho. 

I expect paperwork, customs and actually seller part of it to be troublesome. Shipping is not that expensive I have been looking into that, however I really cant find good local law guidance on what counts as car spare parts and what is taxed differently (for example I know that long blocks can be taxed higher where I am looking to import). EU laws are somewhat easier to understand, sadly I am not in EU. Driving across borders with a (hopefully a 1JZ) block in the trunk is not looking very promising right now.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Driving across borders with a (hopefully a 1JZ) block in the trunk is not looking very promising right now.

hits speed bump* 

4 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

hits speed bump* 

Nah the driving part is not what I am scared of, customs is (roads are pretty good here). I would also need to get a green card for dads unreliable renault powered vitara (and also a procuration letter). My Polo wont be gonna carry 300Kgs in the trunk.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Nah the driving part is not what I am scared of, customs is (roads are pretty good here). I would also need to get a green card for dads unreliable renault powered vitara (and also a procuration letter). My Polo wont be gonna carry 300Kgs in the trunk.

my dad with a yaris, can carry 300kg

30 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

my dad with a yaris, can carry 300kg

But can he haul drywall? 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Just now, IKnight said:

But can he haul drywall? 

idk, probrably cant

Underrated drift cars. 
3rd and 4th gen GM F body (Camaro, Firebird)
Somewhat cheap and good to go right out the gate with very few mods. 

C4 Corvettes. Similar but a bit pricier.

But let's face it. Probably still cheaper than the established drift cars because of drift tax.

Opel Manta GSI

Volvo 740 is already kinda popular but i don't know about overseas.

Cheap, Easy to work on, Engine bay is large enough for most swaps but the 16v turbo is quite good already. Hell its a better choice than the SR20 here.

Mercedes benz 190E 2.3 - 16v. It was built for rallying. Need i say more.

Not that i hope anyone actually picks up on this because drift tax is fucking atrocious 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

50 minutes ago, techswede said:

Underrated drift cars. 
3rd and 4th gen GM F body (Camaro, Firebird)
Somewhat cheap and good to go right out the gate with very few mods. 

C4 Corvettes. Similar but a bit pricier.

But let's face it. Probably still cheaper than the established drift cars because of drift tax.

Opel Manta GSI

Volvo 740 is already kinda popular but i don't know about overseas.

Cheap, Easy to work on, Engine bay is large enough for most swaps but the 16v turbo is quite good already. Hell its a better choice than the SR20 here.

Mercedes benz 190E 2.3 - 16v. It was built for rallying. Need i say more.

Not that i hope anyone actually picks up on this because drift tax is fucking atrocious 

Also technically an Audi wouldn't be bad. Disconnect the front driveshaft and you get a RWD car with most of the weight in the front. 

2 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Also technically an Audi wouldn't be bad. Disconnect the front driveshaft and you get a RWD car with most of the weight in the front. 

Or don't be a pussy and let all four spin.
Group B that shit

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Or don't be a pussy and let all four spin.
Group B that shit

Lmao fair. Honestly I'd take practically any car if it meant i didn't have use västratrafik. 

Göteborg - the city where nobody's heard of city planning!!

2 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Lmao fair. Honestly I'd take practically any car if it meant i didn't have use västratrafik. 

Göteborg - the city where nobody's heard of city planning!!

Göteborg is easy to get around. You're just used to stockholm

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Göteborg is easy to get around. You're just used to stockholm

Getting used to it now but like the planning/design of where shit is meant to go just seems "off" to me. Idk. 

Also damn V60s are a lot of car for the money.

Do you guys think a saddle interior would look good on a silver car? I really wanted to dye my leather and paint the plastics in my black 2004 Lexus LS430. Black and (white I believe) are the only two colors you could get the saddle interior with. But I retired my black 430 to a parts car and bought myself another LS430 but this one is silver. I don't know if the saddle would look good or not. I know black will though. I just hate the tan/cream color it currently is.

Take a look at the saddle interior. I think it is pretty sexy but I think it will look off on silver.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ls430+saddle+interior&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=iswwgjy_DoKJcM%2ClgdTXyCVBUvhhM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRQ6jshcVRdHxCXJkhYbSbiJzohpA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi34sLx1KLvAhUIX80KHfZlCxsQ9QF6BAgGEAE&biw=2560&bih=975#imgrc=LEZ5O6fSLT_ekM

12 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Getting used to it now but like the planning/design of where shit is meant to go just seems "off" to me. Idk. 

Also damn V60s are a lot of car for the money.

That's common with most european cities. They were all medieval townships once upon a time.
The V60 i want is 712.000kr so eh
V60 Recharge T8
I'd rather pick up A C43 AMG convertible C class for that money

selenite.png

1 minute ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Do you guys think a saddle interior would look good on a silver car? I really wanted to dye my leather and paint the plastics in my black 2004 Lexus LS430. Black and (white I believe) are the only two colors you could get the saddle interior with. But I retired my black 430 to a parts car and bought myself another LS430 but this one is silver. I don't know if the saddle would look good or not. I know black will though. I just hate the tan/cream color it currently is.

Take a look at the saddle interior. I think it is pretty sexy but I think it will look off on silver.

~snip~

If go with black tbh. Not sure any other color would look that good with the silver exterior.

Just now, techswede said:

That's common with most european cities. They were all medieval townships once upon a time.
The V60 i want is 712.000kr so eh
V60 Recharge T8
I'd rather pick up A C43 AMG convertible C class for that money

That's the hybrid fake-AWD one right? I meant more the older ~2008 S60s and Fas2 V70s. Tho insurance sucks if you're both young and practically an illegal immigrant. Most cars end up around 1400/month for halvförsäkring for me haha.

Just now, IKnight said:

That's the hybrid fake-AWD one right? I meant more the older ~2008 S60s and Fas2 V70s. Tho insurance sucks if you're both young and practically an illegal immigrant. Most cars end up around 1400/month for halvförsäkring for me haha.

You're better off looking at something older. Insurance will kill you 

Either that or age faster.
At 28 my insurance is basically nothing.

You're better off looking at something older. Insurance will kill you 

Insurance is killer in anything but for like a 97 micra hahshs. And not like I can sign it on my parents being that they live so far away. Ayy an 01 145bhp s60 is only 800/month.... Hahsh

Just now, IKnight said:

Insurance is killer in anything but for like a 97 micra hahshs. And not like I can sign it on my parents being that they live so far away. Ayy an 01 145bhp s60 is only 800/month.... Hahsh

Check the insurance on a 740 or an audi 100

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Check the insurance on a 740 or an audi 100

Huh 660 for the 740. Which ain't half bad. 

10 minutes ago, IKnight said:

If go with black tbh. Not sure any other color would look that good with the silver exterior.

That's what I'm thinking. Kind of sad I retired my black 430 because damn, the saddle would have looked good. Black is pretty nice too though.

Just now, IKnight said:

Huh 660 for the 740. Which ain't half bad. 

And that's with most young people driving them like assholes

And that's with most young people driving them like assholes

Huh that's not half bad. But it would be nice with something a bit newer and comfier. Think 60k would get me an LS and and a 740?😂