Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Ah, so Bentley is going full fried-eggs on us now. I guess that's a given if you ask them to redesign it off a Panamera.

The design of the rear-hatch / active spoiler is most intriguing though.

fhr7c3byutppocbnfmsx.jpg

wjsaekpk8dsylzd3gxif.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@MEC-777 a visual representation of last year's tire vs this years tire. Delta of +80mm.

Or as a redditor put it:

"Here is the wheel we left off of Kimi's car in 2016, and here is the one we plan to leave off for 2017."

QcXtiQs.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

I think the most annoying thing about doing the coolant super flush is hoarding enough jugs to put all the contaminated water in. Ive got to make some apple cider to get some more together today to get a couple more and I've been eatting an unjust amount of cereal to burn through a gallon of milk a week for a month. And I might have to keep doing this for a lil bit more. I figure I'll make a few more batches of apple cider in the coming weeks because I need to change my coolant out. I'll also get a bucket so I can have a holding tank for the distilled water so I can use some of the jugs it comes in to hold the contaminated stuff.

Musical chairs with contaminated water is really what it is. 

Some cities let you pour the antifreeze down the toilet or some other drain. The "water cleansing" process gets rid of it supposedly

now I'm not saying we should all just go do this at the same time. Lol... that could be pretty bad

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

:o 

IMG_8024.PNG

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I think the most annoying thing about doing the coolant super flush is hoarding enough jugs to put all the contaminated water in. Ive got to make some apple cider to get some more together today to get a couple more and I've been eatting an unjust amount of cereal to burn through a gallon of milk a week for a month. And I might have to keep doing this for a lil bit more. I figure I'll make a few more batches of apple cider in the coming weeks because I need to change my coolant out. I'll also get a bucket so I can have a holding tank for the distilled water so I can use some of the jugs it comes in to hold the contaminated stuff.

Musical chairs with contaminated water is really what it is. 

Drink more juice. Juice containers are super handy. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

IMG_20170214_133848.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

10 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Oooo good idea simply juice is amazing and their containers are great. Forgot about that

We keep our old juice containers and they come in super handy. Making tea, lemonade. Holding random fluids. Super hand 

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

18 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Kinda jelly about that. 

Best I've got is Gabriel Iglesias follows me on Twitter 

hoo lee fuk ... best for me is Brian Brushwood on twitter xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Anyone get the reference?

20170214_150952.jpg

Tried to take a few decent photos of the new blinkers. Messed them all up. 

This is the best of them, but the orange from my hoodie ruins it. I think so anyway

20170214_150920.jpg

Crooked because the car is on a hill

20170214_150928.jpg

Finger is slightly in the shot.

20170214_150935.jpg

Even though it looks nice out in pictures. It's 4F out with a negative 15F windchill. So better photos are going to have to wait

Battery is so dead she wouldn't crank at all, even after driving for over an hour yesterday. Gotta scrounge together some spare cash to get a battery. With today being valentines and my anniversary a week from today, money isn't plentiful atm

@warmmilk so if I put these wheels and tires on my miata, will it be in stock class still? https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=633004

:P 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@warmmilk so if I put these wheels and tires on my miata, will it be in stock class still? https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=633004

:P 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Even when you want a truck

M. iata

I. s

A. lways

T. he

A. Answer

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6001266415.html

@bcredeur97

l17k69Q.jpg

@vetali so my mom just called me... 

so so she went to leave he house and from what she described the suburban was misfiring and also threw service stabilitrak/TC error. 

Guessing that MAF from autozone was a bad idea... 

Spoiler

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

We keep our old juice containers and they come in super handy. Making tea, lemonade. Holding random fluids. Super hand 

we normally toss ours out, seeing it might not be of use. but maybe i might use it once in a while for oil disposal, since we somehow always are short a bottle to dispose.

3 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

hoo lee fuk ... best for me is Brian Brushwood on twitter xD 

i got far east movement (electronic music group from cali) to follow me. and that's about it.

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Even when you want a truck

M. iata

I. s

A. lways

T. he

A. Answer

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6001266415.html

i can literally drive up like an hour to see that. but i'm not a big fan of the NA styling. nice it's got low miles though.

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Tried to take a few decent photos of the new blinkers. Messed them all up. 

This is the best of them, but the orange from my hoodie ruins it. I think so anyway

Crooked because the car is on a hill

Finger is slightly in the shot.

Even though it looks nice out in pictures. It's 4F out with a negative 15F windchill. So better photos are going to have to wait

Battery is so dead she wouldn't crank at all, even after driving for over an hour yesterday. Gotta scrounge together some spare cash to get a battery. With today being valentines and my anniversary a week from today, money isn't plentiful atm

so what battery do you suppose you're getting? i'm probably assuming something cheap, but if you can, maybe get a duralast gold? good warranty, decent cranking power, and pretty damn good for a store brand battery.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@techswede I want dis so bad xD 

https://www.ss.lv/msg/lv/transport/cars/saab/9-3/dxidm.html

then again idk how good the rep on the Fiat Twin Turbo 1.9 diesels are 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Part of me really likes both of the cars in this video. The black ones.

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

@techswede I want dis so bad xD 

https://www.ss.lv/msg/lv/transport/cars/saab/9-3/dxidm.html

then again idk how good the rep on the Fiat Twin Turbo 1.9 diesels are 

Diesel

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Ooooo its a diesel. neato.

a Twin Turbo diesel at that 

like freaking 180hp and 400nm of torque ... :D  and like 7l per 100km .... too lazy to convert to mpg

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Diesel

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

diesels are bad only when you force them to roll coal ... if you just daily the dammn thing without modifying ... they are economical AF