Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I know you don't like them but they're cool.

Can't argue with that.

But the black smoke? shudders

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Another crossover. Yay.

Seriously. Car manufacturers. I'M TIRED OF CROSSOVERS AND SUVS. STOP MAKING SHIT CARS.

I know people by those cars because they are comfortable to drive, big enough to carry a 4 / 5 person family, but come on...

And to make it even worse. Mitsubishi made a sports car into a crossover. This alone shows how blind car manufacturers become when money comes to mind.

Oh BTW, now that Mitsubishi stopped making the Evos, and did that ^^, all I see is a sad ending for them.

38 minutes ago, terrytek said:

we normally toss ours out, seeing it might not be of use. but maybe i might use it once in a while for oil disposal, since we somehow always are short a bottle to dispose.

i got far east movement (electronic music group from cali) to follow me. and that's about it.

i can literally drive up like an hour to see that. but i'm not a big fan of the NA styling. nice it's got low miles though.

so what battery do you suppose you're getting? i'm probably assuming something cheap, but if you can, maybe get a duralast gold? good warranty, decent cranking power, and pretty damn good for a store brand battery.

It comes in handy to keep a few around

No idea quite yet. Need to see what I can scrounge together first. Any battery will be better than what's in the Saab right now. So dead that remote unlock and moving the electric seats isn't a possibility

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

35 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@RevoltTrain If you want to spend as little as possible, Kinetics batteries are okay. Put one in my grandpa's RAM this past weekend. They seem solid enough. Price isn't half bad at all.

I'll just go with whatever I can afford after scrounging together the funds. Not sure what it will be quite yet

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

They're gonna sell quite a few of them though. But yeah, why. I'd love to see better one of the big three bring back a diesel SUV though like Ford had with the 7.3 powered Excursion.

i mean when companies are going hybrid/electric (complete yuck) i don't think it makes sense to have a big diesel suv in their lineup. like i doubt ford would bring back an excursion like suv, since they've already embraced the turbo, placing a 3.5 twin turbo in the new expedition.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

maybe a used one from the wrecking yards?

Maybe. I'm kinda hoping maybe mom's fiancee can get me one for super cheap through his shop

Or GM putting a Duramax in the suburbans or tahoes. In the early 2ks you could get the Duramax in the Suburbans if you were a government or I think even fleet buyer in some cases. 

It would be amazing.

Really? Oooooooh

A SUV that actually would interest me

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

There's actually a company that professionally swaps the 6.6s into the Suburbans and the Tahoes. They roll out of their shop looking like they roll of the GM assembly line. the only part that isn't a factory GM part is the intake and they have to do a 2" body lift just like the silverados that have the diesel have.

I need it

Ssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeee

I feel like that would be one hell of a pretty penny though.

But now that I know these exist. I want one. Badly.

Everything new  is 96-120k but if you get an 07 done you're looking at 44k ish

44K for that is not bad at all.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Everything new  is 96-120k but if you get an 07 done you're looking at 44k ish

how much to convert an existing suburban? we have an 07 lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I should maybe call this... "when autozone lets you down"

@vetali update on the situation... lol

oh and when I plugged it back in and it stayed smooth the next restart... when I restarted a second time off camera it was doing the same thing. RIP

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

how much to convert an existing suburban? we have an 07 lol

My very uneducated guess is about $28K

@terrytek Can you really blame them for the crossover though? Those make money. Mitsubishi currently is not, hence why they needed Nissan to bail them out. With the Lancer dead in North America and their subcompacts not selling well, they're only option is go full retard on the Outlander or compete against a CX5/CX9.

Also.

Speedhunters-Keith-Charvonia-FujiSpeed-I

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@terrytek Can you really blame them for the crossover though? Those make money. Mitsubishi currently is not, hence why they needed Nissan to bail them out. With the Lancer dead in North America and their subcompacts not selling well, they're only option is go full retard on the Outlander or compete against a CX5/CX9.

Also.

Speedhunters-Keith-Charvonia-FujiSpeed-I

uh yes, they could make a normal sized sedan. or a nice midsized sedan. those still sell well today. they could at least make a sedan sporty. they cannot make a crossover sporty.

2 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

Never liked the Eclipse but that just makes it even worse. 

and i bet you 50 dollars that in 15 years (or maybe even less) mitsubishi will bring back the lancer evolution, but instead of a turbo awd sedan, it will make a return as an electric crossover.

7 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@terrytek Can you really blame them for the crossover though? Those make money.

Sad but tru. 

I cri evrytiem

1 minute ago, Speedyv said:

I dig it. 

That fitment

HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

7 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

Never liked the Eclipse but that just makes it even worse. 

I like up until the 3rd gen. 1st and 2nd gen were great cars.

4 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

I dig it. The Sienna has some nice lines....

i would convince my dad to get one but that would mean there would be 3 siennas in my extended family, 2 of my uncles drive around in the same gen sienna. idk if havin a third one would be better.

10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i would convince my dad to get one but that would mean there would be 3 siennas in my extended family, 2 of my uncles drive around in the same gen sienna. idk if havin a third one would be better.

Honestly, the Pacifica is pretty tempting.... but at the same time, it's a tossup between it and the japanese rivals. (the Odyssey shares the same interior as the Ridgeline)

2017-Chrysler-Pacifica-Limited-interior-2017-Toyota-Sienna-cabin.jpghonda-2017-honda-odyssey-interior-fantas

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Honestly, the Pacifica is pretty tempting.... but at the same time, it's a tossup between it and the japanese rivals. (the Odyssey shares the same interior as the Ridgeline)

while the pacifica does look nice, i think i might just cut my losses and just get a 2006 model of the mpv, preferrably in es trim. it's still got power seats, steering wheel audio controls, power doors, and it's the same layout and ride height as my current model, so my mom won't complain about visibility issues or how big the car is. i think any van is an upgrade from our base model with no power windows, so anything will do at this point. but i think that's the most cost effective method.