Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 hours ago, FJRiley said:

My future car, I want her so badly especially with those upgraded LED halos. So sexy

Good choice there that man!....just sold my daily and missing it right now.

Pete

1 minute ago, 711jrp said:

Good choice there that man!....just sold my daily and missing it right now.

What did you have?

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

So much for the spotless engine bay

image.png

That is mainly due to the camcover gasket, that is an easy fix so it doesn't concern me :)

8 minutes ago, FJRiley said:

What did you have?

Had a 540/6 as a daily,not many of those left in the UK, still have the M5 show car.

Pete

1 minute ago, 711jrp said:

Had a 540/6 as a daily,not many of those left in the UK, still have the M5 show car.

Wow nice, can you take some pics ohh and the M62/S62 did you encounter any timing chain guide problems?

Anyone daily autocross tires before? I want some nice meaty tires for my 14x6.5 BBS basketweaves but the only size I want in 205/55R14 are some Toyo Proxes R888. Which are competition tires.... I really want a 205 track width but I have problems with anything larger than 60 aspect since the front starts rubbing from the larger diameter and my lowering springs.

I mean, it doesn't get cold in Texas so I have that going for these tires. Not sure how much I'll like them in the rain though.

Hows this l.php.jpg

And the daily for sale 054.JPG

No had no timing chain issues on either, but I'm big on maintenance and checked the 540, the M5 will get changed at some point along with the bigends 

Pete

Anyone know of a good "low maintenance" 6 speed "universal" dogbox transmission? (Something that could be used in a track/Street car that gets driven to/from and on the track)

Prefferably with 1-4 being short ratio gears and 5-6 being longer ratios

(Dreaming up my ideal "weekend racer")

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

25 minutes ago, 711jrp said:

Hows this l.php.jpg

And the daily for sale 054.JPG

No had no timing chain issues on either, but I'm big on maintenance and checked the 540, the M5 will get changed at some point along with the bigends 

Not a big fan of the wheels on both but those look sexy, I would go as far as saying the E39 was one of the best cars BMW had ever produced. When you strip the engines down be careful of the alloy block as they have a tendancy to strip the threads out of the headbolt holes.

39 minutes ago, OleST said:

Anyone know of a good "low maintenance" 6 speed "universal" dogbox transmission? (Something that could be used in a track/Street car that gets driven to/from and on the track)

Prefferably with 1-4 being short ratio gears and 5-6 being longer ratios

(Dreaming up my ideal "weekend racer")

You're gonna have to drop 6-10K on something like that. Especially if you want straight cut gears and dog rings.

4 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

You're gonna have to drop 6-10K on something like that. Especially if you want straight cut gears and dog rings.

Straight cut gears are so arousing though :P

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

16 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Did you read my post? xD

Its my dream setup, its most likely not something im going to buy :P

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

Looks like the Rotsun (my favorite) is finally getting some work done. Tossing out the Chevy 4.3 and throwing in a 5.0

Screenshot_20170215-122354.png

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

29 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Looks like the Rotsun (my favorite) is finally getting some work done. Tossing out the Chevy 4.3 and throwing in a 5.0

Calling it right now. That 5.0 is going to end up breaking rear axle parts. 

In other news. Interview went well. Should hear back within 14 days. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

32 minutes ago, techswede said:

Calling it right now. That 5.0 is going to end up breaking rear axle parts. 

In other news. Interview went well. Should hear back within 14 days. 

I hope you get the job,

Unemployment is such a pain.

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Here's something weird. A C3 corvette with C7 headlights....

eww...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

eww...

to me you look at it starting from the front and get excited... its gonna be awesome. Then you look at the rest of the car and it just doesn't match so it's like waaaaat EWWWWW

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, RatedBlam said:

I hope you get the job,

Unemployment is such a pain.

My chances are probably good. I think.

Unemployment sucks yeah. 

If i do get the job i'll only be able to work for 300 days. After that they will have to either hire me or let me go

And since i'm not a registered nurse i'll be let go. But then i can pretty easily get certified as a nurse since i have the work experience.

If all else fails and nobody hires me during those 300 days that is. As i'll still be applying for more jobs in the meantime.

Wouldn't mind working in a clinic though. Seems like a mostly chill job (Note i said clinic. Not hospital)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

My chances are probably good. I think.

Unemployment sucks yeah. 

If i do get the job i'll only be able to work for 300 days. After that they will have to either hire me or let me go

And since i'm not a registered nurse i'll be let go. But then i can pretty easily get certified as a nurse since i have the work experience.

If all else fails and nobody hires me during those 300 days that is. As i'll still be applying for more jobs in the meantime.

Wouldn't mind working in a clinic though. Seems like a mostly chill job (Note i said clinic. Not hospital)

300 is days is okish. Better than those 4 week contracts some companies churn out, no job security whatsoever.

Sounds like you have a decent chance, if they really have a need and you're qualified. That's how I got my job. It was quite painless.

1 minute ago, RatedBlam said:

300 is days is okish. Better than those 4 week contracts some companies churn out, no job security whatsoever.

Sounds like you have a decent chance, if they really have a need and you're qualified. That's how I got my job. It was quite painless.

I'll at least have a job until the end of the year which is good. Better than the previous company i worked for.

They are essentially screaming for more workers right now. So my chances should be really good. 

Especially since they really want people with drivers licenses for home care services.

Can't remember if they drive volvos or saabs in this district. (Most likely volvos since they started phasing out the saabs a while back)

1 hour ago, OleST said:

Did you read my post? xD

Its my dream setup, its most likely not something im going to buy :P

Man, when I'm making bank in the future as an engineer I'm gonna have a completely built and turbo'd engine with a straight cut sequential box. Dunno what engine or what car yet but that'a one of my goals in life.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Man, when I'm making bank in the future as an engineer I'm gonna have a completely built and turbo'd engine with a straight cut sequential box. Dunno what engine or what car yet but that'a one of my goals in life.

I read that as back in the future... mostly because I watched this yesterday

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

A MILLION TIMES YES

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

My order from Haggard Racing Co. already shipped. Damn. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Not car related. Just wanted to make a few americans gag

47895_large.png?v=1462211189

Muthafucking salt licorice chocolate. Hell to the yeah