Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

8 hours ago, vetali said:

Hard to tell but looks like 60mph?

Also not his first mishap.

Needs to never be allowed to drive again.

There’s something wrong with that guy. Others have mentioned it. Like he’s not right in mind or something, even though he has money. It’s kind of sad tbh 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So my mustang doesnt hook in 1st 2nd and third with the 315 Continental extreme tires. Anymore have a road legal tire that I can hook with?

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

10 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

So my mustang doesnt hook in 1st 2nd and third with the 315 Continental extreme tires. Anymore have a road legal tire that I can hook with?

I’d complain but sexual abuse of automotive tires is probably legal.   The old school solution used to be a set of moonie slicks with a single groove carved in the center to make them street legal.  The cheap solution is instead of trying to increase the friction coefficient of the tires increase the friction coefficient of the road surface.  That’s why people do burn outs.  To lay a layer of hot rubber on the tarmac to hook to.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’d complain but sexual abuse of automotive tires is probably legal.   The old school solution used to be a set of moonie slicks with a single groove carved in the center to make them street legal.  The cheap solution is instead of trying to increase the friction coefficient of the tires increase the friction coefficient of the road surface.  That’s why people do burn outs.  To lay a layer of hot rubber on the tarmac to hook to.

Cant do burnouts on the street each time I want to do a pull lol. I was thinking maybe going with a street radial or a set of Michelin Cup 2 tires. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

16 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

DW or DWS? I don't know if the Dunlop Z3 comes in that size but the Z2's were amazingly sticky with impressive life for my Celica, the Z3 has even better grip and supposedly an equally as good life span.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

DW or DWS? I don't know if the Dunlop Z3 comes in that size but the Z2's were amazingly sticky with impressive life for my Celica, the Z3 has even better grip and supposedly an equally as good life span.

I need something that can hook with around 700rwhp and about 550 rwtq Ill look into those but I honestly never looked into Dunlop tires before.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I need something that can hook with around 700rwhp and about 550 rwtq Ill look into those but I honestly never looked into Dunlop tires before.

It's also going to depend, heavily as you'll find out, on road conditions and tire temps. Cold tires on a cool day on a cool road won't hook, nor will damp days, nor will roads with any rough surface like cracks or sand or gravel on them, etc etc. Pick your battles so you don't break your stuff, the fastest car is the one that wins.

5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

It's also going to depend, heavily as you'll find out, on road conditions and tire temps. Cold tires on a cool day on a cool road won't hook, nor will damp days, nor will roads with any rough surface like cracks or sand or gravel on them, etc etc. Pick your battles so you don't break your stuff, the fastest car is the one that wins.

I only take the car out when its suny say around 60 or higher outside. I dont really do pulls from a dead stop usually from 20-30 mph pulls I would like to get more traction with. Right now I only have a rear sub frame support and lower springs on the stock GT performance pack suspension with upgraded rear end links. I want to upgrade to a full coilover kit and poly bushings in the future.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I only take the car out when its suny say around 60 or higher outside. I dont really do pulls from a dead stop usually from 20-30 mph pulls I would like to get more traction with.

Doubt theres a street legal tyre out there thatd help all that much tbh

Probably be more effective to limit boost by gear

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

7 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

RE-71R’s are the stickiest road tire I know of that you can still take corners with and have a chance in the rain

i know for sure they have a lot more grip than your Conti’s but they also don’t last very long

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

20200330_184337.thumb.jpg.161a74eda42e87a63f725afb36c48883.jpg

Not a good pic of my car but heres my daily. I have a few mods planned for the future but its currently going to remain stock.

(Planned mods: straight pipe or butterfly valve after the downpipe, dpf delete and 8spd trans swap.)

Been ages since last time i posted here...

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

RE-71R’s are the stickiest road tire I know of that you can still take corners with and have a chance in the rain

i know for sure they have a lot more grip than your Conti’s but they also don’t last very long

It doesn't get taken out in the rain, not worried how long they last as I only expect to put about 5k miles on it a year.

14 minutes ago, Ae86 said:

@MadyTehWolfie whats been done to your mustang?

It's Whipple charged with their stage 2 kit, 132mm throttle body.some suspension bits, rims and tires. Bigger rotors with the stock performance pack brembos. Corsa catback. 3.73 rear gears with a torsen limited slip diff. I still didn't get the specifics from the dealership so I can really only go off what the dealership had listed.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:27 AM, vf1000ride said:

On 4/1/2020 at 11:27 AM, vf1000ride said:

Being my first post in the thread was my summertime 4-wheeled ride.  This time it will be a pair of the 2-wheeled variety waiting for the weather to get nicer.  2006 Ducati 749 and a 2007 Ducati Sportclassic.  Hanging out in the dinning room from their winter slumber.

IMG_20191114_143812573.jpg

Very nice two super fun rides right there! 

10 minutes ago, Ducati888 said:

Where's my Moto peeps at? 

I have a moped

jorunFTermopedb.jpg.410e3d9204671e743b8fa4554c41cb2b.jpg

(Not my pic but an identical moped)

33 minutes ago, Ducati888 said:

Very nice two super fun rides right there! 

Those are the good weather only motorcycles.  Moved them into the house so I could do some cleaning and shelf building in the garage over the winter.  Never happened, it's about warm enough to move them back out and the garage really makes me look more of a packrat than I truly am.  This is the all weather bike though.  2016 Multistrada pikes peak.

IMG_20170910_130717052.jpg

10 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Cant do burnouts on the street each time I want to do a pull lol. I was thinking maybe going with a street radial or a set of Michelin Cup 2 tires. 

if you can do a pull, you surely can do a burnout 🤔

54 minutes ago, Ducati888 said:

Where's my Moto peeps at? 

LRM_EXPORT_22758068404023_20181119_202147598.jpeg

MV Agusta F3? 
One hell of a bike that is... glorious 3 cylinder engine 👌

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

I’m not sure an all weather bike should even a thing.  Riding a bike in the rain often requires a neoprene wetsuit.  Not to protect against wetness but because running into raindrops hurts and the foam helps a bit.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

24 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

if you can do a pull, you surely can do a burnout 🤔

MV Agusta F3? 
One hell of a bike that is... glorious 3 cylinder engine 👌

More so I dont want to stop and do a burn out on public roads. Attracts too much attention etc. 

45 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

Those are the good weather only motorcycles.  Moved them into the house so I could do some cleaning and shelf building in the garage over the winter.  Never happened, it's about warm enough to move them back out and the garage really makes me look more of a packrat than I truly am.  This is the all weather bike though.  2016 Multistrada pikes peak.

IMG_20170910_130717052.jpg

I love my Multi Enduro! The multi is a beast all around all weather bike! I've ridden in rain sleet, heat! A big thing is riding gear. 

PSX_20190513_100832.jpg

1 hour ago, Ae86 said:

I have a moped

jorunFTermopedb.jpg.410e3d9204671e743b8fa4554c41cb2b.jpg

(Not my pic but an identical moped)

Got two wheels and a motor! Checks the box for me 

8 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

More so I dont want to stop and do a burn out on public roads. Attracts too much attention etc. 

who said something about stopping? 

just stomp the gas and the brake pedals while rolling ... :ph34r:

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

41 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

5 minutes ago, Ducati888 said:

I love my Multi Enduro! The multi is a beast all around all weather bike! I've ridden in rain sleet, hot! 

nice bikes, 
was hoping to get my hands on one of these later in the summer .. but the big ol virus got in the way an now i cant get my bike license .. or the bike 🙃image.thumb.png.f6df54c10f7144c8d258e2e4b153430c.png