Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Ohh right, I forgot that the S6/s4 lines just wouldn't match cause of the plastics. Probably a good idea to get yours fixed then, would definitely end up cheaper. 

Are you sure your friends weren't rebuilding them cause they blew up? ;)

No, that's exactly why all but one of the rebuilds happened lol.  😂

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

17 hours ago, hydrochloric said:

I should have finally put something here back when I joined the forum, but until this whole work from home thing, I haven't had the time to follow up on old forums.  Thank the folding for getting me back in.

These days I have way too many cars, so sorry for the image dump lol.

Daily, 6-speed, upgraded turbo, F50 (yes, the Ferrari) brakes, lowered, 3" SS304 exhaust with cutout, 1993 S4

The fancy "date" car, 93 XJS:

The track car- Megasquirt3X, 4x ITBs from a GSXR750, full FC RX7 front subframe, TII brakes, etc, 1985 RX7 GSL-SE:

(This actually has a full front splitter on it now)

The classics: 1966 VW Squareback- full survivor, from my grandfather.  Man I was young in this photo.

1950 Hudson Commodore 6, my "rally car (TSD rallies):

Technically I own 50% of a 2003 Ford Ranger, which is a 24 Hours of Lemons car:

There's past vehicles, but man this is way too big already lol.  So for those that got this far, here's a gif of me driving the Hudson way harder than I should have:

http://i.imgur.com/Eg2SnC1.gifv

loving the car collection you got there :D 

15 hours ago, leadeater said:

Mines NA 11:1, but it's Jap so I don't expect it to go all Euro car on me 🤷‍♂️

Biggest downside is no cheap(er) fuel.

On the other hand I don't drive it 'nicely' lol. 

and i have a car running 18:1? ... and is a Euro....  difficult to find compression ratio numbers for it 🙃

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

31 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

loving the car collection you got there :D 

and i have a car running 18:1? ... and is a Euro....  difficult to find compression ratio numbers for it 🙃

Thanks, me too.  It's a borderline addiction.

18:1 would have to be a diesel, right?

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

11 minutes ago, hydrochloric said:

Thanks, me too.  It's a borderline addiction.

18:1 would have to be a diesel, right?

I quite want a C3 100 or 200 avant with the 2.2 20v turbo ... but man they are rare ... or expensive :( 

Yup
posted a few days ago on here 

Spoiler

Needed a nice little daily for around the town ... and well and a replacement for 2001 S40 .. and the best fact, i fit in this one :D (being 2m tall aint that fun car wise)
image.thumb.png.86f47a68516258151ffe1118d5cad7ef.png

image.thumb.png.a71fc5faa4dff1b0ba27e31331efee81.png

Issa 2015 Volvo V40 D2 (1.6 turbo diesel)  with a 6 speed automagic box for those who care :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, PandaCopyRight said:

I quite want a C3 100 or 200 avant with the 2.2 20v turbo ... but man they are rare ... or expensive :( 

Yup
posted a few days ago on here 

Reveal hidden contents

Needed a nice little daily for around the town ... and well and a replacement for 2001 S40 .. and the best fact, i fit in this one :D (being 2m tall aint that fun car wise)
image.thumb.png.86f47a68516258151ffe1118d5cad7ef.png

image.thumb.png.a71fc5faa4dff1b0ba27e31331efee81.png

Issa 2015 Volvo V40 D2 (1.6 turbo diesel)  with a 6 speed automagic box for those who care :P 

There's a 78 C2 5000 sedan for sale in NY right now.  I'd love to have it but the C pillar is rusting, which means the whole thing is falling apart.  ☹️  And yeah, the AAN/3B is not a common motor anywhere.  Ironically a friend actually found a literally identical S4 to mine not long after he first drove mine.  So now we both have white 93 S4s.  Though his has the mocha interior and mine is black.

Those little Volvo hatches are really good looking!  For a while my mother was considering a C30, but she wanted AWD.

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

5....x2 + 1 = 11 :^)

At the current rate of things, ill be on number 11 in about 2 years time 😂😂😂

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

6 minutes ago, hydrochloric said:

There's a 78 C2 5000 sedan for sale in NY right now.  I'd love to have it but the C pillar is rusting, which means the whole thing is falling apart.  ☹️  And yeah, the AAN/3B is not a common motor anywhere.  Ironically a friend actually found a literally identical S4 to mine not long after he first drove mine.  So now we both have white 93 S4s.  Though his has the mocha interior and mine is black.

Those little Volvo hatches are really good looking!  For a while my mother was considering a C30, but she wanted AWD.

i love them audi 5pots ... they just sound mad.
Also a B2 coupe with quattro awd and the 2.2 20v would probably be considered a bit of a dream car of mine :P 
same with the RS2 and S4/S6 avant from the generation like your sedan :D 

Yeah, originally the plan was to go for a C30 ... but i didnt fit in it ... like the seat didnt go low enough 😂

but the V40 is a great car, seriously economical while being quick enough for around town ... and surprisingly quick on the highway

1 hour ago, IKnight said:

Ohh right, I forgot that the S6/s4 lines just wouldn't match cause of the plastics. Probably a good idea to get yours fixed then, would definitely end up cheaper. 

Are you sure your friends weren't rebuilding them cause they blew up? ;)

Wait what's number 4 and 5? I remember the c2, then the clio, then the mini (or was there something before it?), then idk hahahha. 

C2, Clio, ST, Type R, Mini

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

41 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

C2, Clio, ST, Type R, Mini

Ahhh i see. 

@PandaCopyRightNice car! When'd you get your license?

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

14 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Ahhh i see. 

@PandaCopyRightNice car! When'd you get your license?

got it exactly the day before my b-day ... like i had planned 😂 .. November 22nd

5 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

got it exactly the day before my b-day ... like i had planned 😂 .. November 22nd

Awesome! I'm practically counting the days till my birthday hahah. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

In case anyone has an E9X series BMW and wants some metal pedal covers, the ones for the F series fit perfect. These are product no. 35002232277 (RHD). Bit fiddly to install if you have larger hands like myself, though.

Got a boot spoiler that I'm going to try to install today, so pictures of that should come if I get round to it.

IMG_20200401_162610.thumb.jpg.9d310d9a836e796d80af344f56b2933c.jpg

Doing the paperwork on the mustang now

Edited by MadyTehWolfie

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Being my first post in the thread was my summertime 4-wheeled ride.  This time it will be a pair of the 2-wheeled variety waiting for the weather to get nicer.  2006 Ducati 749 and a 2007 Ducati Sportclassic.  Hanging out in the dinning room from their winter slumber.

IMG_20191114_143812573.jpg

2 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Got a boot spoiler that I'm going to try to install today, so pictures of that should come if I get round to it.

So scrap that. Tried using BMW's BetaLink adhesive like they recommend but it's horrible stuff, gets absolutely everywhere. Spent a good hour cleaning off all the adhesive after aborting the install. Going to have to let the remaining adhesive on the spoiler dry and then sand it back I guess. 

Everyone else seems to just use plenty of 3M tape for the lip spoilers like this one, so just going to go down that route.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 3/31/2020 at 1:38 PM, hydrochloric said:

Ah-ha, I knew I had some photos of that wing somewhere:

IMG_1734.thumb.JPG.8e86b36c9991c2553a28b2db1feb0e02.JPGimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a

And I think this is a photo from the 3rd time the headgaskets gave out!  Lol.tracks.thumb.jpg.27b720d8f7682e3f531fac7824835c39.jpg

Reminds me of this video.   The Subaru Push it to the limit Impreza.

Must combine it with this song though.

Home PC: Apple M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, 10Gig-E.  Adobe CC and Ripping things + Daily stuff.

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32GB, Nvidia RTX 3080Ti stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: AMD EPYC 7443p 24 Core, SuperMicro H12SSL-CT Mobo, 256GB DDR4 3200mhz, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 100TB+ TrueNAS Core.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

Picking up my new car tomorrow. Ended up trading the ecoboost for it instead of the gti.

IMG_20200401_124223.jpg

IMG_20200401_124254.jpg

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

26 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Picking up my new car tomorrow. Ended up trading the ecoboost for it instead of the gti.

IMG_20200401_124223.jpg

IMG_20200401_124254.jpg

Stop with the superchargers!  You're gonna make me cobble an M90 onto Roadmaster LT1!

...and make like 2PSI lol.

Guys, I wanted to buy a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.

And, I asking if it’s reliable, I don’t care about gas mileage and all that stuff, I am just asking about reliability since I have heard really bad stories about reliability of these vehicles.

Though, some people say they are very reliable, I just wanted your opinion.

I own a modified Toyota Corolla with 160hp and I am going to buy either the Hellcat or a base C63, I just want your opinions because I really love that Hellcat, but it seems less reliable than the C63 (according to what I heard)

7 minutes ago, GAME 55 said:

Guys, I wanted to buy a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.

And, I asking if it’s reliable, I don’t care about gas mileage and all that stuff, I am just asking about reliability since I have heard really bad stories about reliability of these vehicles.

Though, some people say they are very reliable, I just wanted your opinion.

I own a modified Toyota Corolla with 160hp and I am going to buy either the Hellcat or a base C63, I just want your opinions because I really love that Hellcat, but it seems less reliable than the C63 (according to what I heard)

It’s a sports car.  The answer to “is a sports car reliable?” Is always no.  They get driven too hard.  All cars seem to have one failure point or other.  The trick is to find out where the failure points are.  With my golfGTI it’s carbon buildup in the heads and the turbo.  The hellcat will likely have something else.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s a sports car.  The answer to “is a sports car reliable?” Is always no.  They get driven too hard.  All cars seem to have one failure point or other.  The trick is to find out where the failure points are.  With my golfGTI it’s carbon buildup in the heads and the turbo.  The hellcat will likely have something else.

Thanks for your help, I already know the Hellcat’s failure points, I am probably going to buy it by the end of this year.

Again I would like to thank you for helping me with that.

Correcting the paint on the mustang it's coming out amazing so far! 

IMG_20200402_182241.jpg

IMG_20200402_210315_MP.jpg

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Correcting the paint on the mustang it's coming out amazing so far! 

Very nice, grats on the purchase... time to work on the garage next?20200121_183244.thumb.jpg.eea554d2b6d31e063a170be4bb974167.jpg