"Never again" products

Mooshi

Yeah, AMD you really need to figure out this memory leak on the FirePro drivers (It's been doing this for the past two years).

Capture.PNG.30432cec0e43a31db7493cebb51de637.PNG

Waiting for Volta to get new GPUs....

Capture.PNG.d81fcd671cb626e8d650e435190d29e0.PNG

I had a Logitech Driving Force GT die on me only a week after the warranty ended.

But I bought a G27 as a replacement, and this one works fine since 4 years.

Oh, and I'm sorry, but I am soooo happy that I don't use Windows 7 anymore.

Windows 10 is just so much better, I wouldn't wan't to use Windows 7 regularly ever again in my life.

But it was a great OS afterall.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

3 hours ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

Oh, and I'm sorry, but I am soooo happy that I don't use Windows 7 anymore.

Windows 10 is just so much better, I wouldn't wan't to use Windows 7 regularly ever again in my life.

But it was a great OS afterall.

I use Windows 7 at work.

If anything I'm kind of tired of Aero. It's too flashy and is now distracting to me than Metro. And Task Manager feels so old and archaic on Windows 7

On 7/25/2017 at 11:01 PM, Searbug said:

AMD GPUs. All of the ones Ive had die within a month. AMD No! Nvidia Yes!

eh I think you'll find that that's more dependent on who made it vs who designed the base card. Also, on the used front, AMD cards are pushed aggressively with mining and stuff. Anyway there's plenty of NVIDIA cards I avoid, like I have an irrational hatred of anything Gigabyte. Hate ASUS as a company, good cards though (terrible support). EVGA has good support, decent cards. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Apple products. I don't hate the brand. I just hate that they are not compatible with anything and their products have to steep a price tag to make it worthwhile to utilize everything they have to offer.

3 hours ago, Starberyl said:

Anything from Razer

Haha soooo true

Good god this thread, so much irrational hatred. 

• 1 month later...

Razer mice...had one die on me in less than a year.

Anything apple.

So! Let's break it down: 
Corsair (especially keyboards)
Msi
Be Quiet! 
Samsung
Alcatel
Sony headphones and literally anything but phones (I am sucker for their design and compact lineup is simply put gorgeous) and used amps
Gaming headphones (yes, hyperx Clouds included)

Non MacBook pro apple stuff (I will buy an iPhone at some point anyways just to try it out for 2 weeks) 

Cheapo asus motherboards
Any Gaming Motherboard
And yeah thats prob all of the stuff I could come up with rn. 

PC:

• Ryzen 3 3100X @4.4GHz 1.275V
  • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT with Micron B-Die @3400 CL18-19-17-32 1.35V (I could fine tune it better but I am too lazy)
  • Fortis 3 HE1425 with a top plate painted by me
  • Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
  • Corsair MP600 1TB for Linux (main)
  • Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB for windows
  • Asus X570 TUF Gaming Plus
  • Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750W

Peripherials:

• IBM Model F AT
  • Logitech G603 which I currently broke (I need some super glue to fix it, lol) so I am using G402 as a cheapo replacement
  • Worn out Steelseries QCK+
  • Sennheiser HD600 for music
  • AKG K712 for gaming
  • Sony DHC-MD373
  • 2x Samsung Syncmaster 2243 + NEC EA244WMi

On 7/17/2017 at 12:19 AM, Mooshi said:

What gear, product or service made you swear a vow to never purchase again? Try to avoid blacklisting an entire brand if you can help it, lol.

Due to lackluster performance and noise, my never again product, or at least one of them, CORSAIR FANS.

*Opening thread up to beyond computer hardware.

beats for anything

Apple tech

um let me think Amazons Anime service yeah fuck that.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Apple stuff. Overpriced status symbols. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

On 7/17/2017 at 12:30 AM, Eaglerino said:

Logitech, anything I ever bought from them has broken

Turtle Beach, same problem

Rosewill, same problem

ASRock, same problem

MadCatz, same problem

Lenovo, just terrible support

Sony used to be on the list until I bought a PS4, but it's back on the list because my USB ports don't work and my controller will not hold a charge. It also skips when playing blu-rays, requiring me to use my Xbone instead which is hilariously ironic

As for not tech companies

Anything Ford

Ryobi

Megablocks

Pepsi products

I had a Logitech G600 for a couple years, it started to have slight connectivity issues. I contacted them, was under warranty, they sent me a brand new one and I didn't have to send the old one back. So practically have 2 working G600's.

I'm pretty much done with apple products since I figured out how to get my music libraries over to my Galaxy easily.  I've only used their Ipods (my 4th gen i touch is actually still going strong though the audio jack is beginning to die out i suspect a conspiracy lol) and the price premium for apple's stuff and to use ios is just too high for me especially now in days.

HDMI splitters.  I've tried multiple of these and they all seem to run into snags I just figure I'll deal with labeling my cables and switching them out with whatever I want to use

Combaterwing Mice.  Looks cool and has good weight but after a bit of use USB started having issues recognizing it constantly disconnecting.

32 minutes ago, Caleb SF said:

I had a Logitech G600 for a couple years, it started to have slight connectivity issues. I contacted them, was under warranty, they sent me a brand new one and I didn't have to send the old one back. So practically have 2 working G600's.

every single one I've used gets a double click issue, including mine. Still use it, great for editing stuff. 39$, not a bad mouse. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Cable modem/router provided by ISP. (True this is more of a rent than a buy, but I think it fits in this category just fine.)

Have Spectrum (formerly Brighthouse in my area) and two of the provided Motorola modem/routers consistently overheated. The second one finally started overheating even with a dedicated fan blowing on it.

Did some research and found a device with a faster maximum connection speed, faster ethernet ports and faster wi-fi, and in 3 months, based upon the rental fee for their on POS device, I will have paid for the replacement.

Asus anything, AMD CPUs, Corsair ram/PSUs, Kingston storage thumb drives/SSDs, Razer mice, Seagate drives

Also I will only buy motherboards from Gigabyte at this point since most other brands so far have failed my friends, the only ones I'd consider is MSI and EVGA but they'd have to be cheaper than a similar gigabyte model, and only buy G.Skill ram

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Gigabyte Graphics card.

I have  7970 GHz edition that for one, have locked voltage, and after a while it sometimes make some noise in one of the fans. Not always.

Will also take quite a bit for me to buy Nvidia over AMD personally.

Have had quite a bit of driver crashes, driver that fail to update, and stuff on my laptop.

Also the BS that requires you to register to use features like shadowplay.

Brother printer.

Printing works fine, but the scanning required a drive that is confusing to find on the net, and a pain in the ass to install.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Hmm... Cheap wireless mice, from gearhead in particular. It felt really nice, but had connectivity issues, the batteries lasted about a month, but they were nearly impossible to replace (had to use a screwdriver to pry them out), it never turned off, even when the wireless receiver was unplugged, and the the scroll wheel made pages scroll up or down at random, after only 5 months of light use. However, my Logitech g602 was a godsend compared to the gearhead mouse.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Razer products

To me their build quality is shabby at best and I feel like you're paying a bigger premium for what it's worth. 

Corsair M95 mouse, mousewheel was doing its own thing after a month or 2

Logitech G430 headset, suddenly no more sound on the left cause of a bad wire connection kinda fixed with a rubber band but now i have mono sound lel 

Asus echelon headset, poor quality earpads ( starts to peel off after few days ) 

Let's agree to disagree

any dac

im listening to soundclown anyways.. 

any new audio equipment until everything breaks and dies

i've inherited a audiofool's setup.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Well, due to the currency differences between Australia and America, I had to buy X2 $20 steam vouchers just to purchase one game. I mean, I wish that steam could integrate a country selector which changes the currency prior to what country you have selected. There is one thing that I regret doing, riding over a 3 pointer jack that pops my back tire on my bike an not to realize that I do the same thing when I go to the trails which then pops my front tire, I regret buying two $10 tubes for my back tire that kept popping, since then, I had spent $20 on a good quality thorn proof tube, and since then, my back tire hasn't gone flat. Never buy tubes from KMART, they are shit and they rip your off. As for the back tire, I guess I will have to purchase a thorn proof tube for that as well, I mean, for the $20 price tag, your getting good value for money on a reliable product that will last you for while. 

Any gaming headphones/headset. They are shit.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking