what would you do if your pc died today?

xdeathshot20

ive been thinking, what would you do if your pc died today?  for some reason your pc is fried and is unfix able. what would you do?  if it was me personally i would be running to the store to get parts for a new one.  

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

I would first check what causes it to die

Then I will check what parts can be saved

If the PC is needed I would make a new one with the parts I saved

And lastly, Ryzen. I would wait for what Ryzen has to offer for lower end stuff

DO you mean every component, including storage?

If so, i would loose a $7000 video contract for a local business, which i what i need for a new car

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

I'ld sit and think how I'm gonna get a new one given that I have to work for a new one and need a computer to get through the whole job&stress process. 

Salvage what I can and build a Ryzen rig probably. I have several rigs includying a laptop I have from my job so I am fairly covered in case of catastrophic main rig failure.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't live near a computer store. But thankfully I have back ups. If my PC Died today I would use that as an excuse to build another workstation. So buy more parts and add extra precaution for just such an occasion. 

2 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

DO you mean every component, including storage?

If so, i would loose a $7000 video contract for a local business, which i what i need for a new car

i mean say u were on your computer doing everyday things and all the sudden the things just shuts down and it wont restart. you do everything you can to troubleshoot and you come to the conclusion that every component has died somehow.  what would you do?

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

I would keep waiting ... for Ryzen.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

i mean say u were on your computer doing everyday things and all the sudden the things just shuts down and it wont restart. you do everything you can to troubleshoot and you come to the conclusion that every component has died somehow.  what would you do?

I would go cry in a corner, then check my account balance

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

I have a PS3 xD

Console peasant I see... no please don't join the dark side. They don't have cookies of frame rate. 

jk I had a PS3 too

wait a couple days (for Ryzen) and get new PC parts, which I was planning on doing anyways. But that is only in the event if everything would have been broken in my PC beyond repair. Because a single thing is easy to replace.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I would get very upset because mine is hardly two months old lol

aside from the graphics card but if a Titan X can not live longer than two years than nVidia sucks xD

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Salvage what I can and use my laptop in the mean time :3

Or if that died, the Intel NUC I bought.

Or if that died, my RasPi 3.

at least your prepared for such occasion

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

In that exact order

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

depends on which one of my computers died, but first of i would find what can be saved and what cant and plan from there, if its the LAN PC id probably just sell the entire thing off in parts though and rebuild it into an ITX thing.  if it was a CPU fail on my main computer id sell the motherboard and wait for Ryzen and people to go crazy with selling of used stuff and either grab some Ryzen SKU or if my motherboard survived, possiably an I7 4690K 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'd be pretty salty, but then I'd remember my dad's secondary PC (i7 860, R9 270x), and I'd just use that

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

If mine died I would wind up building another. But I would be screwed work wise as I have 18 hotels to maintain. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop