Define your greatest memories/moments within video games.

LazlowRave

Bioshock Collection just released on Steam today and if you played it, I'm sure you remember the opening scene of the first time you see Rapture while in the underwater pod thing.  Be as cinematic cut scene like the scene with Ghost and Roach being tossed in a hole and set a blaze in Call of Duty. Or maybe the moments of the original Halo: Combat Evolved when you snipe a friend from the far back corner on Blood Gulch.

What are you most greatest memories or moments?

None. Because they all were just video games.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

In a lot of games, only a few scenes really stand out from the crowd and really wow me, but UNDERTALE, the whole way through, kept up the waves of powerful emotion, even in the subtle undertones. I know a lot of people won't agree with me about my stupendously high praise of UNDERTALE, but, hey, that's what opinions are for!

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Mass Effect 2. The suicide mission, and its accompanying OST.

Never in my have had I ever, or have I ever since, felt such exhilaration.

Chrono Trigger: Crono getting killed by Lavos.

Valkyria Chronicles: Welkin and Isara getting into the Edelweiss for the first time.

Tales of The Abyss: Luke, the main character, accidentally destroys an entire town, and kills all of it's residents. "oops". Also, Jade Curtiss.

Ratchet and Clank, Going Commando: Everything Fizzwidget/Quark says.

Final Fantasy XII: Balthier, most refined, sarcastic badass ever, up there with Jade Curtiss.

Pokemon: Watching the person I'm battling panic when he realizes his sloppy team of legendaries is getting mopped up by a Cloyster.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Reaching skyhold in dragon age inquisition. Still love that cutscene.

Got invaded by someone a lot better than me in Dark souls 2.

Thankfully he attacked me in an area with cliffs. So i just outmaneuvered him and kicked him off the edge.

Fighting a pack of wolves in the witcher 3 on the highest difficulty. And sustaining no damage.

Leading a full raid group through ahn'qiraj in world of warcraft. 

And surviving the backlash from the sickening amount of energy drinks i had that night.. Ergh

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The ending of Bioshock 1, it destroyed me so much it inspired my first tattoo.

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

Halo combat evolved's flood mission.

I was just a squirt when I first played that game on the pc, and dear christ on a bike did that entire mission stick with me, especially the picking up and viewing of the dead marine's helmet cam.

A more recent experience would be flying a torpedo golem into a corp battle in Eve online. It started as a couple enemy corp ships harassing one of our mining ops, so we sent out a couple stealth bombers to take care of them. They quickly ran into a much larger fleet taking an incursion into our territory. By the time I had gotten back from patrol and jumped into the battle it was at its peak. ships being destroyed constantly, swarms of ads from enemy carriers. Just as it started to look bad and that we may lose a significant amount of ships, the bulk of our defense fleet jumped into the fray and swept up the incursion force.

I've never been so happy to be shoved out of the way by a dreadnought dropping ontop of me. That day I did not lose my $50 ship and fittings.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

growing up i used to hang out with the neighbor's daughter a lot and we used too play pokemon on our gameboys over link cable. since we lost contact some 10 years later i now fondly remember those days.

also in high school we used to throw lan partys like every 3-6 months playing halo ce and cs. usually always got in trouble with some neighbor telling us to keep it quite at 3 in the morning but that was really fun.

thinkning about it now i kinda wanna throw a lan party again.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Little backstory: here where I live we have 'Sinterklaas'. It's basically Santa Claus, but a bit different. You get the presents in the evening on December 5th. This is what the story is about.

I always loved those nights when it was Sinterklaas and I got a new game! I was allowed to play them until after midnight too. But uhh, I pretty early knew he was not real (a friend of mine told me pretty early) so I often was able to arrange with my parents what to get, but that often meant I knew what I would get, but would still have to wait a couple weeks.

My fondest memories were getting Sonic Unleashed or a Disney's Stitch game for PS2.

Another good memory I have was of playing Spiderman 1 on the PS2, during Christmas.

Another fun time was when I was over at a friend's house, who had multiple PS2 systems, so we were there with about 6 people, just taking turns playing awesome games (Like Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Grand Theft Auto V 

I still remembered i kept following that game ever since 2012 i never got to really play it back then since it was on ps3 and i was too poor for a HD Tv and ps3 but then when i got a pc and gta v disks i was super excited i installed it waited for updates till 1am began the first mission and explored Franklins house it was a moment of heaven.

1. Playing my first Pokemon game Emerald.

2. Playing Halo Combat Evolved on my PC was probably my first FPS campaign and it was amazing experience. I still haven't followed up on any Halo sequels because it doesn't look like I can get them on PC and I'm not getting an XBox just for an exclusive title.

3. The nostalgia of playing Runescape from ~2006-2012.

Halo 3 final mission 4 player on legendary with my best friends. That single experience of playing through that game with each other completely solidified the friendship we'd started years before. I can't tell you how many all nighters we've pulled playing the shit out of halo 3. God damn that game was so fucking good it makes me sad it's time is over.

"Spartans don't die they just go MIA"

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

-Mario Bros. 3 - First time I played it with my cousin in 1988, ended up begging my mom to let me sleep over so we could spend all night playing, which we did.

-Final Fantasy VI - Kefka actually fucking wins, destroys the damn world.

-Diablo I - My band mate and I start playing and we like a poem so much we make it into the lyrics of a metal song we wrote

Spoiler
I can see what you see not—
Vision milky, then eyes rot.
When you turn, they will be gone,
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be—
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.

-Baldur's Gate II - The unseeing eye preacher sequence

-Morrowind - Getting lost on the right side of the volcano for so long I broke all my swords and had to learn to use maces to keep going.

-GTA San Andreas - Dropping everything I was doing in game just to listen to the radio stations, like ALL of them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just of satisfying feeling when a game ends, or a section/storyline of a game ends/evolves.  I get it when I watch a good movie or series as well. 

It would be best described as thinking that one is better for having witnessed/experienced the particular story, whether real or not.

I should note:  this type of feeling can be experienced more in real life; in actively experiencing the story.  There is something about passively experiencing the story though.  It probably has to do with real danger in life, a danger that is not present when passively experiencing a story.  You can kind of relax and enjoy it.

Beating Pitfall 2 when I was only 4.

"There is probably a special circle of Hell reserved for people who force software into a role it was never designed for."
- Radium_Angel

Getting all awards in the original Bad Company on PS3. (I Am Bad Company trophy). Just the relief of having done the hardest part of that fucking game (I was going for the Platinum trophy). It was an amazing feeling.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

When I beat Zelda 4 swords for the first time. #GameCube #OldSchool

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

I'd have to go with getting The Immortal title and my guild's first Algalon the Observer kill in world of warcraft.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

The first times I played Crackdown, and many gaming sessions with it afterwards. Up until then, I was only used to Forza Motorsport 2 and PS1 games. This was an entirely different world for me and I was stunned by the lighting and its relatively "new" feel even though I probably got the game at around 2011 or something, 4 years after it was initially released.

I would often love to hear the song "Face Down" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus come on in Saints Row 2, and I love many other things about that game; however, the emo Gen X radio station as well as creating my own character in there would define it for me.

Any of the missions involving Bernie Crane in GTA IV.

Playing THPS4 on PS1 version I had before I lost it.

Playing as Jack in Tekken with this guy (we kept laughing at one of his moves) and most recently some version on the Xbox 360. I was laughing so much when I was playing a dinosaur-human mutant because of their short arms.

All of these are on console since my parents didn't really let me use the computer for gaming (or it just kept lagging up and/or breaking the ones we got).

I don't really know. I just love gaming (or I just have nothing else to do in my life, help me). The only thing I don't really like about gaming are the choices devs and/or publishers make for what they put and/or remove in newer games (e.g. Saints Row 3 and 4, The Sims: FreePlay, The Sims 3). I especially hate most mobile games, but that's another story.

Linus' earrings suit him

Please check out this thread: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/659360-saints-row-2s-features/

Rizen and Vehga 2017

I remember playing "Jam Pack" demo discs that came inside various magazines for PlayStation original. Most anticipated demo I played before the release? Gran Turismo.

Battlefield 3 - 

It was a hot summer evening, the air was dry yet humid. i had my fan on and was playing some good old Battlefield 3 to kill sometime. I was in the zone, near top the leader board of a conquest match i joined late. Drove up to a base and saw a enemy chopper all the way near another flag capping it, was a good while away. pulled out my RPG while noticing it was my very last rocket, i held my breath and took the shot far right of the chopper leading the target like a sniper would as they track their kill. It was in the air for a good 3-4 seconds all the while i was watching and thinking I'm gonna miss, I'm gonna miss, Then..Booom. Double kill, best moment and shot in my history of playing Battlefield 3, you had to be there. wish i recorded it.  i was kicked for hacking 10 seconds later.

i7 5960X OC 4.40Ghz II GTX 1080 Asus Stryx II X99S Gaming 7 MSI II 16GB Vengence DDR4 II 250GB Samsung 850 II 3x 1 TB HDD WD II 

Designer by Heart, Gamer by Blood

Send me a PM if you want a custom Profile Pic or Background!  --

If you like what I made you , share it with everyone In this thread Here!

These two are some of my best bf4 moments 

-0iB2qVg 

Best fps currently on the market. 

ASU