Favorite IKEA furniture? (Or any other products)

minibois

Just something I was thinking about and wondering what you guys like :P 

Mine would probably be the Gnedby (a CD/DVD shelf which is quite tall and wide enough for 10 DVD cases), the IKEA Kallax Workstation (which is a simple desk with 8 shelving units on it, perfect for all my hobby stuff and a TV) and the IKEA Malm (very simple desk, the main desk in my setup pictures)

So what about you? Which ones do you like?
Billy? Signum? Torkel? Anything else?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Ikea Galant desk. 

160cmx80cm is my config. Looking for a 200cmx100cm table top hopefully. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

10 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Ikea Galant desk. 

160cmx80cm is my config. Looking for a 200cmx100cm table top hopefully. 

the Galant is gr8 yeh, my dad has one (plus a 75cm add on or something)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

the Galant is gr8 yeh, my dad has one (plus a 75cm add on or something)

Also using the chrome A legs.

Make it look blingy.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The combo of the Karlby countertop and Alex drawers make a huge AWESOME desk.

Whatever on earth the single table tops are called. Cheap, reliable and can take a beating, especially the thick ones. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I guess i like my galant. The legs are crap though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

I guess i like my galant. The legs are crap though

The A legs are fine imo. The T legs are a different story though.

I love my bekant sit/standing desk combo.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

7 minutes ago, eLucid said:

I've got the T's.. If i tried to use it as a standing desk i'd slowly sink to the floor. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

17 hours ago, eLucid said:

A legs  ? 

My IKEA Markus was a pricey but worthwhile purchase. I wish there was an IKEA nearby me but there is not and their shipping costs are quite expensive.

I like my bed, Idk the model, but it matches my Malm desk and sits pretty low to the ground. It's a good friend, my bed, no matter how many times I leave it, it's always there to welcome me back into its embrace.

ASU

I like their chocolate.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

IVAR shelving system with whatever their black plastic tubs are called.

it fits so perfectly its a match made in heaven for hardware storage.

i still need to try their USB chargers.

The Swedish haven't conquered my country yet (well they are about to this year), so I don't know. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

42 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

I like their chocolate.

Do you need to assemble it?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

8 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Do you need to assemble it?

No, but you need to dissasemble it.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

40 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i still need to try their USB chargers.

For the love of all things holy, DONT BUY ONE OF THOSE CHARGERS! (Mine gave 230v out from the usb ports because it had faulty windingd on the transformer, my friend had one that exploaded when he plugged it in (brigth flash and a loud bang followed by a small fire) so please dont buy one).

Ps: im only talking about the multiport chargers, have No clue how the other chargers are)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

13 hours ago, Strando123 said:

For the love of all things holy, DONT BUY ONE OF THOSE CHARGERS! (Mine gave 230v out from the usb ports because it had faulty windingd on the transformer, my friend had one that exploaded when he plugged it in (brigth flash and a loud bang followed by a small fire) so please dont buy one).

Ps: im only talking about the multiport chargers, have No clue how the other chargers are)

this guy seemed to give it an all clear. may have just been unlucky.

33 minutes ago, manikyath said:

this guy seemed to give it an all clear. may have just been unlucky.

hmmmm what??? i had one like that and it fried my led strips so i checked it and my fluke read 230 volt

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Gee, I wish. Not  in south africa yet.

So I have to make to with an extremely thin desk. Its OK and it suits my room, but its a pain in the poes when your monitor stand half sits on your extended mousepad, and both of them each touch their end of the desk.

- snip-

The Signum is great. My desk is solid for about 6 years now but the model name is escaping me.

My bed and dresser are not the greatest quality though. In fairness to Ikea, the bed has seen a lot of, "use." There is no excuse for the bottoms of the drawers of the dresser falling out though.

I don't think i will be purchasing Ikea furniture again except for little do-dads, which they have always been great for.

Since Ikea is located far from where i live i have been buying there only once.

I got IKEA Marcus chair and i love it. I would definitely buy more things from there if they had freaking e shop... It's not like i will go 300km by car just so that i can buy table.

10 hours ago, Strando123 said:

hmmmm what??? i had one like that and it fried my led strips so i checked it and my fluke read 230 volt

Was it something like that swees USB power supply that was featured at the start of that video as he did a teardown of one of those and found that there was an issue in the transformer that was sending mains voltage to the USB ports.

7 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Was it something like that swees USB power supply that was featured at the start of that video as he did a teardown of one of those and found that there was an issue in the transformer that was sending mains voltage to the USB ports.

Yup, it was like that but it was an Ikea dual usb chrger.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server: