AMD Polaris 10 GPU Reportedly Offers Near 980 Ti Performance For 300 USD

Aytex
11 minutes ago, IMPERIUS said:

Meh it didn't really "destroy" anything

Even then you wont find a single thread in LTT forums where there isnt one guy recommending a 300 series over the 900 series due to price to performance ratios. 

Tell them you're going for a 970. Get ready for people telling you to get a 390

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Agost said:

I'm actually quite hoping so.

They listed the full GP100 at 300W, highest ever for a NVIDIA GPU, while it has ~20% more cores than GM100 and the same area...

Eh, they could be pushing for an AMD approach of just powering through with hardware, while AMD could be pushing for a Nvidia approach of efficiency. This time, without the compute performance hit.

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Eh, they could be pushing for an AMD approach of just powering through with hardware, while AMD could be pushing for a Nvidia approach of efficiency. This time, without the compute performance hit.

Let's hope for PaSCALD

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Grrrrrrrrrr

I hope these 2016 GPUs are good, I plan on getting a new one this year.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

23 minutes ago, IMPERIUS said:

I hope thats true

edit: the 300- series was also apparently going to "destroy the 900- series from nvidia" tho that didn't really happen...

True, it didn't really destroy it, but it did offer more per dollar than Nvidia's series, so it did put a dent in their sales.

On 2016-04-22 at 0:35 PM, zMeul said:

what mainstream means?! well .. you're not going to like it - it's about the performance level of a R9 260X or a R7 360X

I've called it! the information leaked about Polaris 10 was not encouraging at all - AMD is out of their minds if the spearhead of their new generation GPUs are low end and mid range brackets

and the performance bracket for Polaris 11 looks even worse, as it targets specifically the notebook market - meaning it's at the level of R7 240

Ahem....

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

18 minutes ago, IMPERIUS said:

Meh it didn't really "destroy" anything

for the price they did

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

17 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

We've already seen Polaris 11 displaying massive efficiency gains, and Polaris 10 was demoed live playing Hitman at 1440p 60FPS constant, which its self is better than a Fury X.

*AMD did refuse to disclose the settings they used to achieve that.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

So...can I hit myself with my GTX 650ti and GTX 970? I bought the GTX 650ti early 2014, and my GTX 970 November 2014. $800 fucking AUD total. And they get rekt. Literally the worst possible time for me to upgrade from my Pentium III 667EB and Riva TNT2, I could have had an even greater performance jump, for cheap.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

*AMD did refuse to disclose the settings they used to achieve that.

Well seeing as we now have evidence it performing better than a Fury X I would assume it was at maximum.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Just now, Citadelen said:

Well seeing as we now have evidence it performing better than a Fury X I would assume it was at maximum.

Nah, they were asked specifically what settings they used and they refused to say.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

4 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Ahem....

right, you only wish it's true 

I laugh at this "rumor" - where is the source?! eh

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

Nah, they were asked specifically what settings they used and they refused to say.

Well now we're both speculating, judging from this leak I'm going to assume it was at maximum. We'll find out soon enough though.

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

True or not, mainstream is mainstream. Your attempt at downplaying that led you nowhere.

As far as source, I've seen no rumors or leaks yet that show Polaris 10 or 11 running worse than what's stated so far.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

2 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

True or not, mainstream is mainstream. Your attempt at downplaying

I'm not downplaying anything

it's based on what AMD already considers mainstream, not what you me and the average consumer considers mainstream

and 980Ti like performance is not mainstream at all, it's quite hi-end

16 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Even then you wont find a single thread in LTT forums where there isnt one guy recommending a 300 series over the 900 series due to price to performance ratios. 

Tell them you're going for a 970. Get ready for people telling you to get a 390

I agree with that, the 390 is better than the 970, its just that the 300 series didnt really destroy anything

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

8 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Mainstream is a price bracket, not a performance bracket. AMD want to bring VR to the mainstream (as it is the only way that VR will become anything other than a pipe dream).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

it's based on what AMD already considers mainstream, not what you me and the average consumer considers mainstream

AMD has already stated they want to bring VR level performance to an affordable level.

8 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Well now we're both speculating, judging from this leak I'm going to assume it was at maximum. We'll find out soon enough though.

The showcase at GDC involved Hitman running at 1440p, 60 FPS, although quality settings weren't mentioned

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4askfr/amd_polaris_10_engineering_sample_pictured/

[–]_redditispropaganda_ 2 points 7 days ago
/u/AMD_Robert - Can you tell us what setting Hitman was on during the Polaris 10 demo to clear things up?
permalinkparent

AMD_RobertTechnical Marketing 8 points 6 days ago
"No. Because that would allow others to accurately triangulate the performance of the product, and we are not yet ready to publish those details. We will, in time, when everything is ready."

In other words, there were compromises. Which is okay but no way its maxed out.

175 watts you say? That's perfect for passive cooling and if it has a lot of compute power it will be ny next card. Until Vega is released. Or Nvidia has a very nice offer, maybe the leftovers form the P100 with to many defects, but 300 watts is quite a challage to handle without a fan ;)

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

That would be nice, probably a bit optimistic but still, would be nice.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, IMPERIUS said:

I agree with that, the 390 is better than the 970, its just that the 300 series didnt really destroy anything

True it didnt. Hopefully we're going to see a change now... Im not against Nvidia or anything but we need some healthy competition

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

True it didnt. Hopefully we're going to see a change now... Im not against Nvidia or anything but we need some healthy competition

Yes, we really need something exciting. Hopefully amd's cpu side will do something good with Zen too...

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Oh, please tell me what you consider "mainstream". I'd definitely like to know.

And yes, if AMD can bring 980Ti performance to mainstream price bracket, then that makes your previous thread even more pointless.

More mini news

AMD Radeon Pro Duo Benchmark Results Leaked – Dual Fiji GPUs Tested Against GTX 980 Ti and Fury X, 60% Performance Lead at 4K

The Radeon Pro Duo comes with dual Fiji GPU cores that are clocked around the same specifications as the Fury series cards. The Radeon Pro Duo comes with two Fiji XT cores (128 compute units), each chip comprising of 4096 shaders that adds up to 8192 on the card itself. Each core has 64 raster operation units and 256 texture mapping units while the core clock is maintained up to 1000 MHz.

With the mention clock speeds, the Radeon Pro Duo has a total of 128 ROPs and 512 Texture Mapping Units which deliver 512 GT/s texture fill rates and 128 GP/s Pixel Fill rates. The card is a beast designed  to power 4K gaming and professional content and features AMD’s Liquid VR and FireRender technologies for the best app-level support.

The performance of the Radeon Pro Duo was tested in a range of modern games including The Division, Rise of Tomb Raider, Witcher 3, GTA V, Crysis 3 along with some synthetic benchmarks such as 3DMark Firestrike, Lux Mark 2.0, Compute Mark and Heaven 4.0. The performance results can be seen below:

Duo VS Fury X

Spoiler

amd-radeon-pro-duo-benchmarks-results_4k

Duo Pro VS 980 ti

Spoiler

amd-radeon-pro-duo-benchmarks-results_4k_gtx-980-ti

source