[UPDATED] Apple Watch makes burn marks on the arm of a man

kladzen

Sorry for a poor translation.. but i made a quick and dirty translation, while i was working... 

Source: Danish newspaper - LINK

TITLE: Apple Watch burned itself into the skin of a person - I could smell burned skin
Sub title: Danish customer have gotten some serious burn marks from his Apple Watch and Apple can't explain what have happend

17 October is a day that Jørgen Mourtizen will not forget

For a day out with his local flyingclub, he stood back left with a burned Arm and a destoryed Apple Watch

"I was on my way to the toilet, when i suddenly could feel a strong pain in my arm, and at the same time i could smell burned skin"

Sub title: Gave burn marks on the arm
The pain and the smell came from the watch's metal strap, that apperently had current gone through the the strap and heated the metal up on the arm

"When I took the strap off with my right arm, my right fingers also got a burn mark"
"So hot was the strap still - says Jørgen to the newspaper Ekstra bladet"

He has documentet the entire episode with this iphone. Ekstra bladet(news paper) have researched the iphone to check the pictures to see when and where they have been taken

As seen on the pictures, that have been taken shortly after the injury, it has made some serious heat exchange to the watch

Sub title: Sent the watch for investigation

Jørgen has no doubt that the injury came from the watch.

Ekstra bladet has also been spoken to another witness about the episode, that explains the exact same thing as what Jørgen did.

The Witness and Jørgen are convinced that the injury came from the Watch and not from an external power source or heat source.

"my arm was in free air, when the pain suddenly happend" told Jørgen Mourtizen
" And nothing was near me, such as heat or power that could be the cause"

He has now tried for a month to get Apple to investigatye the watch and give an explanation to the issue. He has even got the watch investigated by the 
swedish Store that sold him the watch.

"but i have only heard that Apple is investigating the matter"

he has not even resived an explation or a new watch still

Sub title: Apple is slient

Jørgen says he is not after Apple in a revenge to sue them or anything, other than get a new Watch from apple.

"I was happy for the watch and i love Apple's products, and im sure that this was a rare thing that happend and a very unfurtunate mistake that have happended"
"But still i'm wondering why Apple does so little to help it's customers"

Ekstra bladet have the last couple of weeks tried to get a statement from Apple's PR company that, consider this case a single rare case and that why Apple won't
comment on anything.

"We have no comment, says Apple's PR company"

The company also dont want to tell what Apple's investigations of the watch have revealed or when Jørgen can expect to get an explation or a new watch from apple

NEW Article from Danish newspaper - Ekstra bladet

New article: LINK

Title: Now Apple reacts: Our Watch did not cause the burn marks on Jørgens arm

Sub title: The burned Apple Watch how have been sent to US - investigations shows that external sources are the cause

After a month of waiting, Danish Jørgen Mouritzen finally got a response from Apple about this case with his Apple Watch making burn marks to his skin.

For even the last couple for weeks he has tried to contact Apple for an explanation about his case, it was first after the news paper "ekstra bladet" that published the articale that Apple responded to Jørgen Mourtizen

The big conclusion - after a month of waiting, came after Ekstra bladet published the story Thursday morning, says Jørgen to Ekstra bladet TV

They called from Ireland and told it was caused by an external influence

Sub title: Keeping his original statement

With other words Apple don't think it's possible by itself to give Jørgen any burn marks to his arm.

Alot of users have commented saying it could be things like some kind og magnetic influence or connected power to the watch on purpose or fire to it.

As Jørgen already told in the original story, he denies that the watch was in contact with anything (power, heat or anything ) before the the injury happend.

A witness backs up the story that Jørgen told to Ekstra bladet.

The injury (burn marks) happend spontaneously while my arm was in free air, says Jørgen to Ekstra bladet

Sub Title: Do you think im lying?

His answer to Apple's Irish representant was therefor also very skeptical "What do you mean?"

Do you belive in UFO's???

Or do you belive  that i have been using a welder or 230 Volt to my watch/arm?

Let me translate... You think i'm full of bullshit, says Jørgen to the reaction of Apple's investigation

Ekstra bladet has tried to get an offcial statement from Apple, that has given the same response to other foreign tech sites. as Jørgen recived by the company.

So what do you guys think??? - yes current travels on the OUTSIDE of an object, so is it possible??? maybe, maybe not.. I've personally seen some VERY strange things with eletronics.. but this one.. ugh its hard to say..

404 on source

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Doesn't surprise me tbh, the last time I had an apple product it completely overheated and was likely moments away from catching fire...

"I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH THE PRODUCT, THEREFORE ALL ISSUES ARE INVALID."

I haven't had an issue with 8 of their products currently, and a lot more before that. Yes it is a LARGE COMPANY, sometimes quality control can be tricky, but this incident is the first of it's kind. Don't be a hater.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

well a guy above him used similar logic to explain the event so I guess they come in pairs. Although the one you replied to does have a larger sample size so I think we should go with his conclusion /s

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

dont do this, please.

Way too polite for the "let's tack 'gate' on the end of every petty trivial kerfluffle" crowd.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

dont do this, please.

#dontdothisgate

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

He probably put his iWatch in the microwave or something ...

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

I don't understand how that would've happened, it looks like it's the wrist strap that burnt him and not that actual device, that just doesn't seem right.

There are millions of people in this world, at least one of them would make up some BS like this.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Yep. Eg. My 18 month old iPod Nano 7th gen has 3 lines of dead pixels (that's if grey is dead). My 4th gen nano didn't have that problem.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I don't understand how that would've happened, it looks like it's the wrist strap that burnt him and not that actual device, that just doesn't seem right.

There are millions of people in this world, at least one of them would make up some BS like this.

Read the article. Seems like something shorted out and power went through the band. Power + metal = heat.

I don't think he faked it. It seems pretty extreme for an old man to mark himself with a hot metal piece just for attention. This isn't like when some dumbass microwave their phone and then pretend like it exploded on its own. He might be marked for life.

Yep. Eg. My 18 month old iPod Nano 7th gen has 3 lines of dead pixels (that's if grey is dead). My 4th gen nano didn't have that problem.

OBJECTION_by_Phoenix_is_Wright.png

ALL COMPLAINTS ARE INVALID!!!

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Read the article. Seems like something shorted out and power went through the band. Power + metal = heat.

I don't think he faked it. It seems pretty extreme for an old man to mark himself with a hot metal piece just for attention. This isn't like when some dumbass microwave their phone and then pretend like it exploded on its own. He might be marked for life.

Ehh, fair enough then.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

That looks like a hairy, burnt dick.

:mellow:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

#burnkerfuffle

| Laptop: Asus UA310a ElementaryOS/Ubuntu 18.04 | Desktop: Intel i7 6700k - Asus Maximus Impact VIII - Cryorig C7 - 16gb Avexir DDR4 - NVIDIA GTX 980 - Kolink Rocket |

I'm really glad the guy is being really calm and rational about it. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Soooo he didn't feel the metal heating up at all? Just instant burn?

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

That looks like a hairy, burnt dick.

#burntdickgate

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280