How was your pc building experience?

Ghost

Least favourite: putting the cpu in the socket.

The pressure required to seat the socket arms is really disturbing. I hate seating a cpu as well. That and putting the heatsink on and having the board warp

Least favorite: mounting Radiators

Favorite: thermal paste.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Favorite is the physical act of building the computer.

Least favorite:  Cleaning the mess of boxes, anti-static wrap, and various bits of plastic and cardboard packaging I tend to throw everywhere while building.

Favorite: Watching all the components inside the system. 

Least Favorite: Dem Money$

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

The pressure required to seat the socket arms is really disturbing. I hate seating a cpu as well. That and putting the heatsink on and having the board warp

It's just that noise it makes as you worry that you've destroyed both your cpu and mobo.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Favorite: the whole process of building.

Worst: waiting for the damn components to arrive

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

thermal compound is really the only thing I hate

How do you hate thermal compound?

How do you hate thermal compound?

I hate applying it, or cleaning it.. or just the fact it exists

Obviously I am appreciative of the job it does.. I just wish I didnt have to :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Favorite: Building it.

Least Fave: CABLE. MANAGEMENT. UGH.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Favourite: Seeing the parts outside.

Least. : The chnae of killing something

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

My favorite would be looking at the finish build My least? hmm Front IO cables Since I have fat Thumbs :( 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

non sleeved wires on these cheap cold cathodes. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Favorite part: ordering a bunch of new components for a build

least favorite part (several, in order)

1. waiting as fedex/ups take their sweet f**king time delivering things

2. thermal paste + cpu cooler application

3. cable management.

4. having sausage fingers

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

3. cable management.

I just use my 6 year old niece to do the IO cables.

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

Favorite: Watching all the components inside the system. 

Least Favorite: Dem Money$

+1

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Least favourite:

1) The chance of killing something

2) Dust, if you're using used components

3) The ability to stain nice cases

4) You always know that there are imperfections that you created.

Sig under construction.

3. cable management.

surprisingly, i actually like cable managment

placing a fan the wrong way on a radiator or something an only realising after you've finished :((((((((((((((((((

Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it. ~ Feynman 

Favourite: The great feeling you get once you've finished building it and it boots up successfully.

Least: The cost. I can't build as often as I want to because I just don't have the money.

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

I would have to say the money not in my pocket. Except It is worth every penny.

Hates in order of magnitude...

1. Installing software

2. Front panel header

3. Cable management 

4. Listening to WFO fans while setting up BIOS the first time.lol...Maybe #1....Huh?...What?...WHAT?...I'm working on my...NEVER MIND...lol

The 10 billion frontpanal connectors that easily slip out.

Why did the console player cross the road?......To render the building on the other side.

The perfect system is one with no users.

Sharp metal in cheap cases.

Otherwise, the initial turn on. The rest of what goes into building a PC is very therapeutic for me.