ninja

wait we need a link to that pimp my setup, i must watch

wait so you can listen to system sounds and mic volume from that headphone port

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Seems like a great microphone, but I wish you guys would review some cheaper microphones, for example the microphone that both I and @JayzTwoCents use, here's both a Monoprice and Amazon link to it:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=115&cp_id=11502&cs_id=1150201&p_id=600800&seq=1&format=2

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-600800-Diaphragm-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B00AJHBVMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426565148&sr=8-1

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Never caught this, this early. Feels weird lol. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

The color does nothing for me. I would rather have the yeti since it would blend in better with everything else on my desk.

Blarg

God bless our lord and savior Nick for giving me entertainment while I'm doing my lab report at 12 am :|

ninja

Quick search yields me this: 

ninja

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

While the Editors Keys SL600 sounded significantly better than the Yeti or even the Yeti Pro from a short distance, if I wasn't hearing them side-by-side I honestly couldn't pick out the difference. I mean, while I'm usually not very good in picking out differences in sound quality, I would still buy the original Yeti over the Yeti Pro or even the SL600 because of it's drastically lower price.

Oh, and thanks, @nicklmg!

I think the Yeti sounds the best from preferred setup.  But up close, the SL600 sounds best.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Thanks Nick!

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

A little criticism with some of the mic reviews you've been doing is that you seem to change how you talk in the mic tests vs how you normally talk when doing the reviews.

You seem to have a habit of talking a little slower and softer in the mic tests while in the reviews you talk a little faster and with more energy.

I know it is not fair to compare these consumer grade mics vs the much more expensive professional grade audio equipment but your voice in the reviews is how I most often hear your voice and is pretty much my base line of comparison for what I am most used to how your voice sounds. In my mind it is the control mic.

When you change how you speak it throws things off for me and it makes it a little harder to  decide which mic I like the sound of when the way you sound, due to your change in speak patter, is different than normal.

that color of the mic...... 

ewww

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1FubXmV

Amazon: http://geni.us/3MsA

How does the SL600 from Editors Keys hold up in the highly competitive "mics for gamecasters and streamers" market?

https://youtu.be/Mqr2Wibe7Cs

Amazon link is to a boom arm for me

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

I'm totally making a game streaming channel for my dog now. I'll call it Woofdie Pie.

If you get the chance, please review the Rode NT-USB

Will happen. We've already got one :P

A little criticism with some of the mic reviews you've been doing is that you seem to change how you talk in the mic tests vs how you normally talk when doing the reviews.

You seem to have a habit of talking a little slower and softer in the mic tests while in the reviews you talk a little faster and with more energy.

I know it is not fair to compare these consumer grade mics vs the much more expensive professional grade audio equipment but your voice in the reviews is how I most often hear your voice and is pretty much my base line of comparison for what I am most used to how your voice sounds. In my mind it is the control mic.

When you change how you speak it throws things off for me and it makes it a little harder to  decide which mic I like the sound of when the way you sound, due to your change in speak patter, is different than normal.

Thanks for the feedback. I can definitely try to improve on this.

I was confused by the title of the video haha. I thought it had something to do with Keys from NCIX using the mic. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

SNIP

Hey Linus...

What about a review of a dynamic mic? they range anywhere from cheap such as the Behringer x8500, to mid range like the Rode Procaster, and high end like the Electrovoice RE320 (the mic I am planning to buy this year)

Would be interesting to see how they compare, as they should cut down on background noise way more than condenser mics, and give a lovely sound for somebody podcasting/streaming

Can easily be connected to the PC with an XLR to USB adapter, or a cheap mixer like my Behringer X302 USB

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'd be curious to see a dynamic mic vs condenser mic showdown/comparison in the future.

Not a lot of people recommend dynamic mics for streamers and youtubers but they seem to work better in certain scenarios.

perfect mic model name for benz lovers :wub:

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.