AMD R9 390X Coming With Cooler Master Liquid Cooler + Estimated Performance

GPUXPert

The R9 390X has been confirmed to be shipping with a liquid cooler from Cooler master. The new card will feature a similar liquid cooling setup to the R9 295X2.

Radeon-R9-390X-concept.jpg

AMD’s reference designed R9 390X will ship with a liquid cooler, however AMD’s AIB partners such as Sapphire, XFX, HIS, Powercolor, GIgabyte, MSI and Asus may ship non-reference air cooled designs as well. But for it to make sense for the AIBs their designs will have to offer real advantages to users. Which is going to be very difficult to achieve considering that they’re going up against an extremely effective cooling system as is evidenced by the R9 295X2. Needless to say, the reference design will allow for extraordinary overclocking potential.
AMD-R9-390X-with-Cooler-Master-heatsink.

Back to the question of “when ?”, the shipping data indicates that the card will be retail ready within four to six weeks. This puts its market introduction at the late March early April time-frame, just as we had told you three weeks ago.

leaked specifications :
maYFAzE.jpg

"Based on these alleged specifications we can make preliminary conclusions about performance. Although please keep in mind that I’ve only taken into account performance scaling based on the SP count. So these estimations do not take into account any possible architectural improvements or the new stacked memory sub-system. Assumed clock speed for the R9 390X is 1020Mhz based on what we’ve seen from the R9 295X. Although I’d expect the card will feature even higher clock speeds considering the huge thermal headroom enabled by the liquid cooling system."

ssULOYA.jpg
Note : these estimations are based on the latest accumulative Radeon and GeForce game benchmarks from TPU.

Edited by colonel_mortis
Updated title to indicate that it is not confirmed

in b4 all the hate. Liquid cooling is why R9 295X2 handily beat Titan Z all the while running cooler and quieter.
I'm all for liquid cooling. You don't void your warranty and it will perform better and be cheaper than buying NZXT G10 + water cooler.

CPU : i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz. GPU : MSI Lightning GTX 770 @ 1300mhz. 16GB 1600mhz RAM

dat memory bandwith

makes me moist

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

in b4 all the hate. Liquid cooling is why R9 295X2 handily beat Titan Z all the while running cooler and quieter.

I'm all for liquid cooling. You don't void your warranty and it will perform better and be cheaper than buying NZXT G10 + water cooler.

I don't think anybody is hating. Liquid cooling is premium which is why EVGA introduced a liquid cooled GTX 980.

evga-1.jpg

Awesome news! I wonder how hot it must run though...

People liquid cool 980's. They run cool on their own. Having liquid cooling OTB is a great value add.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

That photo is not reall. i can see marks of photoshop. its a 295x2

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I would use the factory watercooling block and swap it out to fit into a custom loop and crank that core up to the max. I bet it would dominate the 980. At least I would hope so considering the high expectations not even accounting for the new architecture and hbm

Err, Cooler Master doesn't make liquid coolers. They license from Asetek, Coolit, etc...

Correct, although do note that AMD re-introduced the FX 9590 a few months after its initial introduction simply to replace the bundled Asetek liquid cooler with a Cooler Master Seidon 120L which funnily enough performed better than the older Asetek design.

The liquid cooling unit itself isn't exactly licensed from Asetek, they only license the integrated reservoir + radiator oncept/idea which is patented by Asetek. The unit itself is designed by Cooler Master. I hope that makes sense.

Correct, although do note that AMD re-introduced the FX 9590 a few months after its initial introduction simply to replace the bundled Asetek liquid cooler with a Cooler Master Seidon 120L which funnily enough performed better than the older Asetek design. The liquid cooling unit itself isn't exactly licensed from Asetek.

Actually Cooler Master made the pump and block for the 240m and 280L's and didn't get their design from Asetek. So these pumps/blocks are probably similar to those I would guess.

I definitely will be picking one up

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Actually Cooler Master made the pump and block for the 240m and 280L's and didn't get their design from Asetek. So these pumps/blocks are probably similar to those I would guess.

They have a number of different designs. The Seidon line is based on the licensed Asetek Resevoir + Radiator combo.

To get it out of the way before I slam the website: I would not be surprised if AMD went this route with the card.

Now on to the slamming: What exactly is WCCF's source? They claim they can confirm it but don't even mention any kind of source, whether a leak or some so-called anonymous informant. They just show a thing that can be easily faked. The "concept" they post is fake and has been proven fake for months now. Is this yet another case of WCCF posting any random bullshit they can to get clicks?

They have a number of different designs. The Seidon line is based on the licensed Asetek Resevoir + Radiator combo.

Correct, but like I said, the 240m and 280L are fully Cooler Master and aren't licensed so if the pump/block in the 390x is fully done by CM then what I was saying is that then it would probably be similar to the "micro channel" block and associated pump. And seeing as how good my 280L is working for me I really hope that is the case.