AMD R9 390X Coming With Cooler Master Liquid Cooler + Estimated Performance

GPUXPert

Nice, seems amd can't manage to have reference cards cooled with air, i guess from here every high end amd card will be liquid cooled.

Would be amazing if that's the performance, though it's still an estimated performance, i'd wait to see real benchmarks.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

skylake mobile cores, I don't think the desktop core are until 2016.

Skylake S for Q3 is desktop.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Ahhhh this is so exciting I can't wait for the official release!

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

If it's $600 or less, I'm getting one.

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ : Planning Stages.

i7 4790K | MSI Krait | 480 GB SSD | R9 295 x2 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Watercooled

Nice, seems amd can't manage to have reference cards cooled with air, i guess from here every high end amd card will be liquid cooled.

Would be amazing if that's the performance, though it's still an estimated performance, i'd wait to see real benchmarks.

It's still a 300w tdp, not like the 500 of the 295x2. Rather than having to water cool it because its too hot, I think its more of not wanting a repeat of the launch of the 200 series. Notice how there are still amd heater jokes going around? Lol

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

It's still a 300w tdp, not like the 500 of the 295x2. Rather than having to water cool it because its too hot, I think its more of not wanting a repeat of the launch of the 200 series.

ya there are still people on this forum that don't understand that the non-reference versions stay cool. Most of the reviews happen for the reference version. So better to have an effective cooler that's not too noisy. Leave the air coolers to 3rd party vendors who know how to make a good one.

it probably runs quite warm but not hot. however i think that this is going to be a very expensive card.

however i think that this is going to be a very expensive card.

Depends on what nvidia has to counter..

Depends on what nvidia has to counter..

i still see this card being upwards of $150-200 above the 980

Wow, this is stupid. Requiring a water cooler for a graphics card is stupid. This will make Crossfire more of a pain in the ass.

CF is now done through the PCI-e bus, so the bridges aren't a problem. As for the coolers, there will be air-cooled variants as well.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

i still see this card being upwards of $150-200 above the 980

I'd bank on equal pricing in order to undercut the upcoming titan II which is estimated to launch at $1350.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I hope these cards will kick the 980s ass so hard! More (strong) competition is the best thing that can happen. Performance rises, prices drop. Thats why we see a lot of progress in the gpu but almost none in the cpu market.

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

I hope these cards will kick the 980s ass so hard! More (strong) competition is the best thing that can happen. Performance rises, prices drop. Thats why we see a lot of progress in the gpu but almost none in the cpu market.

It's just too bad Nvidia couldn't swallow some pride and give Intel some very cheap licensing or simply trade some of their GPU technology in exchange for using their 22nm FF node which is now totally mature and producing the highest performing chips in Intel's line. Especially since GPUs lack much of the complex control circuitry which makes CPUs run so hot, Intel could increase the density beyond what its 22nm normally produces for CPUs. If anyone could have helped Nvidia launch Pascal sooner, it would have been Intel, and then we'd have 2 HBM chips competing by the end of the year.

I think a more logical modification to the cooler by Sapphire or Asus would be to remove the fan (assuming it has one), and replace the waterblock with one that can cool everything on the card. EKWB introduced such a waterblock for the 295X2, which also brought the card down to single-slot thickness.

Yes, I understand the temps part which I'm cool with. But for fucks sake, needing an AIO on a single GPU card? If you have limited spots for fans and radiators in your case, this will make things a huge pain in the ass. I know AMD tries to go for breakneck performance, but I wish they would think about power consumption and heat output for once.

Also, lower heat and power-consumption means better mobile GPUs. I seriously wanna get a 980m laptop if it weren't for all the money.

How about the powercolor devil 13¿

That card isn't a 295x2, it's actually classed as 2 290's, I think that's why they could release it with an air cooler.

Assuming Nvidia doesn't just roll out big maxwell. 

That's what the 395X2 will be there for, to under cut and out perform the Titan 2, and slot in between that and what ever Ti or or highest end 900 will be called, in terms of price.

Does anyone know if there will be an R9 390 non-X? It's rumoured to have 3840 shaders, possibly a lower TDP which could make air cooling possible.

A non-X flavor of the R9 390X is pretty much expected. Not every R9 390X off the line will have fully functional compute units. They will bin these chips for a later date where they will just disable the bad CU's and launch them as the R9 390. Or they will just start off from the get go with one (the R9 290 came out before the R9 290X).

I think the estimated performance is a bit far out. But we can hope can't we.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It makes more sense if you use the GTX 770 as the delta (which the chart is trying to do in a weird way).

GTX 980 = 71% Performance Increase Over GTX 770

R9 380X = 135% Performance Increase Over GTX 770

Is Cooler Master a good brand though?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

It's a pretty fair estimation based on likely clocks, guaranteed core count, and the scaling of the extra bandwidth. AMD will have a fiercely competitive accelerator when they release the FirePro version of it with 8GB of memory, though the bottleneck of scientific computing is currently the PCIe bus itself.

Wow, this is stupid. Requiring a water cooler for a graphics card is stupid. This will make Crossfire more of a pain in the ass.

Im OK with it. If AMD is unable to make reference air cooler that performs well enough then this is good way to do it right. Sapphire, Gigabyte, ... Etc will have air coolers for sure.

Is Cooler Master a good brand though?

They make decent AIO's. Not the best on the market but they work. Personally I wouldn't mind if it shipped with a Nepton 120XL. :P Tho if the card is only rated at 300w TDP I would imagine a much weaker AIO being used on these units (compared to the R9 295x2) simply because they don't need it and it would cut back on cost. Something like the Seidon 120V is what I would imagine being used on the R9 390X. Some might think that's not enough but its actually plenty.

R9 290X w/ NZXT Kraken X40

r9-290x-temperature-testing-645x531.png

wccf, ohh man come on i knew it sounded to good

May the light have your back and your ISO low.