Razer Hate?

Papa P

The majority of people I talk to absolutely despise Razer products. What are your thoughts?

Because of the mostly cheap quality.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Bro i wana answer but im not entirely sure what you mean, personally i like razor products, i have a keyboard and mouse from them had them for over a year and they have both held up very nicely, they are nice to use and really nice to look at. 

"Be excellent to one another" Bill and Ted

"How many people have died waiting for their Savour" Nick Arthur of Molotov Solution

Overpriced with bad products besides the death-adder. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

$180 plastic box filled Chinese crap with Chroma slapped on it sells like crazy. 

Am talking about the Blackwidow here. They do make some good stuff, just are very good at selling crap to unknowing people.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Because they ask for so much money and yet their products break so fast

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Bro i wana answer but im not entirely sure what you mean, personally i like razor products, i have a keyboard and mouse from them had them for over a year and they have both held up very nicely, they are nice to use and really nice to look at. 

I've posted other questions about Razer peripherals and a lot of people have said they weren't very good and that they couldn't stand the items.

Most of the price for one of their products goes into marketing rather than high quality components and materials.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Main reason I dislike Razer is there CEO. Nearly everytime someone tweets a complaint like "why should I buy the Razer blade instead of this equally spec and lower priced gaming notebook" he'll almost always answer back with. Cause we care for our gamers or if you dont like our stuff then you hate gamers.

I've posted other questions about Razer peripherals and a lot of people have said they weren't very good and that they couldn't stand the items.

Ahhh that makes more sense. Its just the words didnt make sense in your original post. As i say ive only had good experiences with them, maybe they are expensive but they subjectively look good and im yet to have a problem with mine. 

"Be excellent to one another" Bill and Ted

"How many people have died waiting for their Savour" Nick Arthur of Molotov Solution

It is because of the sub-par build quality of their products. If razer actually started making products that dont fail within the first few weeks of use, then i might use them.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

this one kid in my class thinks razer is the way to go. like his excuse would be "omg my mouse goes up to 12000dpi"

tbh i just wanna smash my corsair keyboard and logitech mouse in his face and show him how it tastes.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

aside from my blade, ive not enjoyed using any other razer product that ive bought (mainly their mice and headphones)

i returned my krakens because tbh they sucked and now im stuck with my cheap little plastic naga until i find the time to upgrade to an M45/65.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I would say that they are a bit like Beats of the PC 'Gaming' community.

Their mouse are alright. Don't really care about much else of what they have to offer.

Razer is like Alienware. Sure, at one point they made great products and brought some really good innovations to the table, but any more now they are just using an established brand name to sell questionable quality products with high margins. Are their products garbage? No, but you aren't getting your moneys worth or getting the value that they used to deliver.

Yep I also agree with a lot here saying they are way overpriced for the quality.. ESPECIALY !!!!!!! on there hed sets. Oh how many RMA's and dieing after 3 months.

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

Over Priced. Over Hyped.

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Personally I own 3 Razer products, so I will tell you my experience with them. I own the Razer Mamba Mouse, Razer BlackWidow Chroma and Razer Electra Headset. The Razer Mamba failed in the first week after I bought it, but the company replaced it and after which I have had no problems for the past 2 years. The Razer Electra Headset works perfectly fine, only problem was that the band starts peeling after about a year of use and the green part is white now. I bought the Razer BlackWidow Chroma last month the left ctrl sometimes fails to work, I spoke with the customer service they checked and said "we cannot do anything about it". Other than that I have no other problems, hope this helped.

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

I don't really like Razer's design and they tend to overprice their products by a lot. They do have some fantastic products like their free surround software for headphones and DeathAdder mice.

Ive liked my Deathadder 2013 mouse a lot but not a huge fan of any other product from them. Like all have said above they tend to make cheap products that go out after a year.

"I'd say welcome friend, but not here...not like this."

I own the Mamba 2014 edition, with the full color led switching. A friend of mine also bought one at around the same time. His failed within two weeks, RMA'd it, got a new one, and it's worked fine since then. Mine has never had a problem; I absolutely love it. 

That same friend also bought the BWUh Chroma, which he enjoyed at first. Recently however he decided he wanted to try out corsair's K70 (standard, non RGB), and he raves about the build material being aluminum instead of plastic.

When he and I first saw the BWU Chroma, we compared it to the K70, and I still stand behind my opinions then, which were that the design looked cleaner, and gave the keyboard a more continuous flow, by managing to handle the RGB bleed between keys and key sections much better. While he agrees, he did make a note that by comparison, the BWU Chroma felt cheaper, given its plastic construction instead of the heavier aluminum.

I've had two Nagas, one of which was two years old and the cable got a short. I still mourn over that mouse. It was a gift, and to replace it would be over $150. That's a bit rich for my britches. What people say about Razer being overpriced is true, but if you catch their products during a sale, or with some kind of discount coupon, then do it. Oh right, the other naga is fine, works great, no problems. Though I never really cared for the normal style. Too lightweight, and the buttons are far too stiff to use efficiently. The Naga hex is garbage, but that's just my opinion on that.

I think a lot of people like to jump on a bandwagon and simply repeat what they hear. Their build quality is fine. Not any worse than most other companies. Beats are overpriced, but the products aren't shit. Bose is overpriced, but the speakers aren't shit. Apple products are overpriced, but their shit works well. Moral of the story? Be a savvy shopper and get those brands on sale or with discounts.

$180 plastic box filled Chinese crap with Chroma slapped on it sells like crazy.

They are the Apple of PC gaming. (Stupid, ever returning customer base)

But apple products are well built

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."