UPS Sends Me $90,000 in iPod Nanos

Vanderburg

If it is true that I'm legally allowed to keep them if I lived in the USA, hell yes I'd keep them...

Holy bat turds Batman! That's a crapload of iPod Nanos. :o

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

OP's name was on the box. It's his property now. 

I really hope you are joking. If that's true in the USA, then sorry to say it but wow what a hickbilly country you live in.

You can forget that in Europe. Something that is obviously a mistake, is a mistake.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I really hope you are joking. If that's true in the USA, then sorry to say it but wow what a hickbilly country you live in.

You can forget that in Europe. Something that is obviously a mistake, is a mistake.

america.jpg

Amazon put $50 on my account for my honesty when we thought it was theirs, but I have a feeling UPS and Apple won't say anything, but I'm okay with that. I feel good doing the right thing here. I could have kept them, no one would have ever known, but in the end, they weren't mine.

I wish more people had your attitude.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I hate to say it but if it was legal for me to keep them then I totally would.. the money would help pay off bills and student loans.. neither company would miss them.. everyone can hate on me all they want but they should do their jobs better and this wouldn't happen. I understand 'shit happens' but this was way to expensive of a package to be carelessly handled. The best way to learn is through pain and humiliation.

Now on the other hand if this was a personal package from a small business or hurt a small business or a individual financially then I would turn it over in a heart beat.

To all you thinking i'm a douche..I have found $3000ish in a envelope in a parking lot before and could have kept it but brought it in the store and found the owner who was VERY grateful, so I am not all bad..

Congrats on doing the right thing though. A better man then me. If it would be 100% legal to keep it I would have. ebay ebay ebay

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

how was the delivery guy not suspicious it wasn't going to a store of some sorts :S 

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

What else would you do with them if not return them? I couldn't unload 600+ ipod nanos...

Maybe a nice trailer home, or a foreclosure.

I thought you could get mansions for like $1 in the USA.

Atleast homes in Detroit for $1

When I was 13 I saw a guy drop 300$ in 20's in 711, I patiently waited for him to leave and proceeded to pick it up and skateboard away.

Me and my friend who where there where filled with joy.

So, small update:

I received an email from Adrian Amaya, who is with "Apple Online Store Executive Relations". Pretty awesome title, right?. I have no idea what it means. Anyway, he was mostly trying to figure out what happened and had me send him all the pictures I took. He said he would likely follow up on Friday.

So, small update:

I received an email from Adrian Amaya, who is with "Apple Online Store Executive Relations". Pretty awesome title, right?. I have no idea what it means. Anyway, he was mostly trying to figure out what happened and had me send him all the pictures I took. He said he would likely follow up on Friday.

ib4 Nigerian scam

I don't think they'd notice if one or two went missing.

I would hit them with the "I'm so stressed out over this, I'm now responsible for $95,000 worth of merchandise that is not mine" and watch the Apple products roll in :D

Another update: Apple contacted UPS, so just now UPS corporate called and a very nice woman said that the $25 gift card was simply all that the person who gave it to me was authorized to do (I guess they have free reign to give those out), but she wanted to buy me an iPod (Don't know if it's a Nano or what, but it's not important) and $250 iTunes gift card from my local Best Buy.