Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BioShock96

Show off your latest purchase!

13 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

iPad 6th gen.  I didn't feel like spending the price of the Air, and I picked this up while it was on sale.  Honestly, the A10 Fusion and 2GB of ram will help tremendously with what I use my iPad for.  (plus I can't lie, I wanted the Apple Pencil for drawing).

Great app for drawing is Procreate 

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato

9 minutes ago, Keith W said:

Great app for drawing is Procreate 

I've been playing with Photoshop Sketch since it's free.  I like it so far, how much better is Procreate and is it worth the $10?

Desktop: Outlive:CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Spire | RAM: XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB DDR4 3000MHz | MOBO: ASRock B450M Pro4 | GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 590 | Storage: Inland Professional 256GB PCIe 2x NVMe SSD, Crucial 512GB SSD, WD Blue 2TB HDD, Seagate 2TB HDD | PSU: Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 750W | Case: Thermaltake Versa H18 | Keyboard: Logitech G810 | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Monitor: HP Omen 25 | 2nd Monitor: HP 25vx | 3rd Monitor: Asus VW199T-P | Speakers: Logitech Z313 | Headset: Logitech G230

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 7559:CPU: Intel Core i5 6300HQ | RAM: 16GB DRR3L | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 4GB | Storage: ADATA 1TB SSD | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Headset: Turtle Beach ZLa

HTPC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G |  | RAM: 8GB Team T-Force Vulcan DDR4 2800MHz | MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac | Storage: SanDisk 240GB SSD w/Seagate 1TB SSHD | PSU: Powerman 350W | Case: AZZA CSAZ-103 Black

I'm gonna tell you all right now: that extra 8GB stick was the best $40 I've ever spent on my rig.

TF2 doesn't stutter anymore. Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 7 don't hitch for a few seconds on end. I can actually have everything I want open and not face RAM limitations.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

Local VHS collector and video capture amateur. Also the only confirmed Saturn wagon owner here. PM me for any questions concerning VHS recording if interested.

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Tyler :^

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm gonna tell you all right now: that extra 8GB stick was the best $40 I've ever spent on my rig.

TF2 doesn't stutter anymore. Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 7 don't hitch for a few seconds on end. I can actually have everything I want open and not face RAM limitations.

Times getting on a bit. I guess 16GB is now completely the norm. (If you had 8gb to start).

4 minutes ago, floofer said:

Times getting on a bit. I guess 16GB is now completely the norm. (If you had 8gb to start).

Hardly; I know 8GB is still a decent entry point for anything but the newest games.

But, well, even 8GB is finally becoming limiting.

Local VHS collector and video capture amateur. Also the only confirmed Saturn wagon owner here. PM me for any questions concerning VHS recording if interested.

47 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hardly; I know 8GB is still a decent entry point for anything but the newest games.

But, well, even 8GB is finally becoming limiting.

I remember around 2013 you had to have 16GB to make full use of textures in Bioshock Infinite when it came out. People have had a long time to upgrade since then

11 minutes ago, floofer said:

16GB

i  still have 16 gbs of ram :(

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb 

17 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

iPad 6th gen.  I didn't feel like spending the price of the Air, and I picked this up while it was on sale.  Honestly, the A10 Fusion and 2GB of ram will help tremendously with what I use my iPad for.  (plus I can't lie, I wanted the Apple Pencil for drawing).

The pencil is nice.  I just bought the same iPad too because of the sale price.  First iPad for me actually.

Manage to find an used J batch 5960X.  So, bought that today.

Just a nutty gal that abuse hardware with F@H and BOINC.

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 4690K Delid, E5-2670V3, 1900X, 1950X, 5960X J Batch

My GPU Army:960 FTW at 1551MHz, 1080Ti FTW3, 1080Ti SC, 1070 Hybrid, 2x Titan XP

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad 9.7" (2018 model), Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 4/27/2019 at 3:07 PM, Real_PhillBert said:

The damn Acme Tool sale gets me everytime! 

20190426-170939.jpg

Bosch 4100-10 10" table saw, they threw in a 60T blade and a Bluetooth speaker as well. 

I love the Acme Tool Sale, my wallet does not share the same enthusiasm for it. 

Saweet! I wish I had a place to put one of those (and, before anyone says it, it doesn't fit).

Anytime I see see the name Acme, I immediately think of the hapless Coyote scheming to catch the Roadrunner with various gizmos from Acme.

131653690_AcmeCoyote.1.jpg.d307830bd02d8afe2e56b55ca54a1ae0.jpg

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Just picked these up today from my mail service.

IMG_0089.thumb.JPG.b7645c64bbcabd9ff30355ede23690e7.JPG

IMG_0091.thumb.JPG.24c2fc45f4d068ccf801f674068e8dce.JPG

I already have a recording of Dvorak's Ninth (my favorite of his, BTW) but I've been wanting the rest of his symphonies for some time so I pulled the trigger on a box set. This set also has some additional works of Dvorak's as fillers.

Now the fun begins. I'll need to rip them all and scan the booklet, both sides of the sleeves, and the CDs themselves, then assemble the scans into PDFs to enclose in each album folder. Since this will fill up (and then some) the second CD storage case I'm using, I'll have to break out another one and renumber all the hanging sleeves. I'm so looking forward to it :/

I also picked up a bunch of EMT, rigid, and liquid tight conduit, conduit fittings, Romex, weatherproof outlet covers, a 20A GFCI outlet, pulling elbows, two tandem 20A breakers, etc. today (I'm too pooped for pictures right now). I recently found out the idiot dingalings who built my mobile home put the refrigerator on the kitchen circuit (the 'fridge is supposed to be on its own circuit) so I need to run a line from the the breaker panel to the refrigerator outlet. I'm only going to work on that line in bits and pieces because the weather is heating up fast, I'm still having problems with my miserable misbegotten allergies. Unless my present, antique refrigerator dies, I can get away with using the present setup but I want to eventually get the wiring in before I have to replace my old 'fridge with a new one.

I need to get a 20A outdoor outlet in place soon. Since I will need to use the same knockout in the bottom of the breaker box for both Romx runs, I'll have to pull both of the runs from the box at the same time. One run can go directly to the new outdoor outlet (that one will be a short run) but, for now, I'm just going to run the Romex for the 50' run for the 'fridge down the wall to underneath the house through a pulling elbow, then let the hand coil set on the ground until I can install the conduit. I just won't connect the hot lead to the breaker until I'm done hanging all the conduit and pulling the Romex.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

4 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

I've been playing with Photoshop Sketch since it's free.  I like it so far, how much better is Procreate and is it worth the $10?

I think it's great but your mileage may vary

There are some good videos on Procreate on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=procreate

31 minutes ago, Keith W said:

I think it's great but your mileage may vary

There are some good videos on Procreate on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=procreate

Alright, thanks, I'll look into it sometime.

Desktop: Outlive:CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Spire | RAM: XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB DDR4 3000MHz | MOBO: ASRock B450M Pro4 | GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 590 | Storage: Inland Professional 256GB PCIe 2x NVMe SSD, Crucial 512GB SSD, WD Blue 2TB HDD, Seagate 2TB HDD | PSU: Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 750W | Case: Thermaltake Versa H18 | Keyboard: Logitech G810 | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Monitor: HP Omen 25 | 2nd Monitor: HP 25vx | 3rd Monitor: Asus VW199T-P | Speakers: Logitech Z313 | Headset: Logitech G230

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 7559:CPU: Intel Core i5 6300HQ | RAM: 16GB DRR3L | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 4GB | Storage: ADATA 1TB SSD | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Headset: Turtle Beach ZLa

HTPC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G |  | RAM: 8GB Team T-Force Vulcan DDR4 2800MHz | MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac | Storage: SanDisk 240GB SSD w/Seagate 1TB SSHD | PSU: Powerman 350W | Case: AZZA CSAZ-103 Black

3 hours ago, floofer said:

video edit

i video edit, but only short ads, the extra ram would be helpful though because premiere uses up a lot, but not often, i mainly clean up audio and work on adjusting pictures 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb 

14 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Saweet! I wish I had a place to put one of those (and, before anyone says it, it doesn't fit).

Anytime I see see the name Acme, I immediately think of the hapless Coyote scheming to catch the Roadrunner with various gizmos from Acme.

Acme Tool is my favorite store, but yeah, their name reminds me of the Coyote too. 

I bought that saw for $425 with a free blade, and free bluetooth speaker, and now I looked today and it's back up to $599. I feel pretty good about that. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

22 hours ago, Keith W said:

A simple mechanical keyboard by Cherry

61SqQr1eA9L._SL1500_.jpg.fc988d1682d1857030cf83d89377a961.jpg

Well it arrived today and I am liking it so far, very solidly built and does all I need it to do, also has various feet height adjustments which I have set to suit my needs.

On 4/29/2019 at 5:05 PM, TVwazhere said:

Tail lights for the ST

Am I the only one who is super anxious that you didn't black out or cover your license plates?

"Liam" - CPU: i5-3570k@4.8ghz@1.3v GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black DDR3 @ stock(stability issues) Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

Just now, AmpedUpDad said:

Am I the only one who is super anxious that you didn't black out or cover your license plates?

I used to do that all the time, but at this point it will be buried under many future posts, and theoretically its not information normal people can use to look up anything confidential 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I used to do that all the time, but at this point it will be buried under many future posts, and theoretically its not information normal people can use to look up anything confidential 

Fair enough.

"Liam" - CPU: i5-3570k@4.8ghz@1.3v GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black DDR3 @ stock(stability issues) Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

Been looking for Boomerang (and Cartoon Network in general) content for a while that's from the early 2000s, and I might've found that tape.

Dmrz7.png

Yesterday, I booked this:

Spoiler

image.png.6f3b573bb1143ea56d2628ce78ec54c6.png

And today, I bought this beauty...

Spoiler

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.536d8b0f3282efd16cbb51a8c5187c86.jpg

Is it my favourite style of watches? Yep (silver casing with a blue face and silver/white hands).

Is it an aviation-associated watch? Yep (I know, I know, the Blue Angels, ewwwww, should have been the Red Arrows but the colours of the RA version don't look very nice :/

Could I stop myself? Hella nawh. I mean considering how similar it looks to my current watch (which I absolutely love, a Seiko SSC609P1), it should be to no-one surprise that I slobbered all over it when I saw it. 

Anyway, would anyone be interested in a liver from a healthy 18 year old? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On 4/4/2019 at 6:38 AM, Real_PhillBert said:

Picked up a Trijicon MRO from the PSA daily deals last week. Since PSA is so slow to ship, I grabbed an ADM QD mount for it, which actually showed up before the MRO.

20190403-175257.jpg

And in the mount:

20190403-183932.jpg

I feel like this is the only thing Trijicon makes under $1,000.

New front and rear bike hubs.  Rebuilt my old hubs before they came in.  These get to live in a box until i feel like spending $200 to get these installed and trued to a rim.

0501192051.thumb.jpg.551546f9a9811972d6c010a936c7826c.jpg

1650142657_ohyes.PNG.06223cec2ea00570f580365ad32d0127.PNG

When you just got done a 5k, and your inner weeb has cravings.

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 3 2200g(buying a 3900x in January for it) | CPU Cooler:  Stock at the moment(have a dark rock pro 4 for that 3900x) | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASRock x470 Taichi(replacing with a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Crucial BX500 120 GB 2.5" SSD | Storage Drives:  Toshiba X300 4 TB 128 MB Cache 3.5" HDD+PNY CS900 240 GB | GPU:  Sapphire Radeon VII 16 GB HBM2 Video Card | Case:  Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  AOC U2879VF 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor+AOC G2460PQU 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor(Replacing with an LG 240 Hz monitor) | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro RGB | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  Massdrop x AKG K7XX Audiophile Open-back Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OSes:  Windows 10 Pro+openSUSE Tumbleweed |

VashTheStampede(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

8 hours ago, Javilen said:

I feel like this is the only thing Trijicon makes under $1,000.

I bought my RMR for $600 about four years ago haha, but yeah, most of their products are in the four digit range. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1