EA rebrands FIFA 20 as FIFA 21 on Nintendo Switch and changes the character roster | Available for $49.99

AlTech

Our dEaR fRiEnDs at Electronic Arts have decided for the FIFA 21 release on Nintendo Switch, known as FIFA 21 LEGACY EDITION, that they are just going to copy and paste FIFA 20's Nintendo Switch release and change the character roster. That's it. No bug fixes, no new gameplay mechanics, etc.

This means ultimately that this installment in the franchise release on the Nintendo Switch is still using the outdated Ignite game engine from EA last used on PC and Console in FIFA 16.

Reviewers have said this results in the game's character animations being choppy and not as fluid as on EA's Frostbite powered FIFA versions.

This all adds insult to injury as FIFA 20 release on Nintendo Switch was itself the Switch's FIFA 19 release with a new roster and no notable changes.

Yongyea as one of the sources I listed has done some investigating and found that EA has de-listed the older FIFA 19 and FIFA 20 on Nintendo Switch as an attempt to force people to buy FIFA 21 on Nintendo Switch.

The only way to buy FIFA 19 or FIFA 20 on Nintendo Switch now is through physical copies.

Quotes

After the negative reception to FIFA 20 on Switch being nothing more than a roster and kit update for a huge price, EA is back at it again for FIFA 21.

FIFA 21 Legacy Edition will be the Switch’s version of FIFA this year, and it will feature no new modes or gameplay improvements, it being the same core experience as last time out, which was the same core experience as FIFA 19 on Switch.

There’s no details on price, though FIFA 20 on Switch cost $49.99, despite it being just a basic data update without anything new to bring to the table. The release didn’t make it entirely clear that it was just a rather expensive update, either.

The decision to do this last year brought plenty of scorn EA’s way, who do not seem to be able to price stuff adequately on the Switch whatsoever just look how expensive Burnout Paradise Remastered is on Switch. It’s likely that pulling the same trick again won’t go down too well.

This is honestly just a sad joke. How this was accepted last year is beyond unbelievable.

If they wanted to sell new character roster packs I would have not be opposed to that if they had just released FIFA 19 and released FIFA 20's roster as a roster pack for $10 or whatever and then do the same for FIFA 21's roster pack. But no, that would make too much sense and would be too reasonable for consumers.

For EA's Sports based video games, milking their customers for every penny is just barely acceptable enough.

This is truly a disgrace to the video game industry. It's the literal fastfood of video games but at a full price $49.99 price tag.

Sources

https://culturedvultures.com/fifa-21-switch-legacy-edition/

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Meme is unrelated.

4i5gkj.jpg

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Remember when they did this with all of the PS2 installments? No? That's because it wasn't relevant to circlejerk an attack on a company lmfao

I'm not even close to shocked and anyone who is has to be blind, deaf and incoherent.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Same shit as with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010: "Remastered". They literally re-released the same game and are charging 30€ for it. And when I called them on it, bunch of dumb fanboys on Reddit started screeching how I don't even know what a remaster is and that it's totally a remaster. Yeah, no. Last time I checked, game can be called a remaster when you actually up the texture quality of pretty much everything, up the models of everything and you use the latest engine with all the fancy visual techniques available. But you keep the music, the story, the tracks and cars the same. Nope. The game actually looks worse than original. And they boast 60fps gameplay as some sort of achievement. Guess what, original game runs at 60fps as well. It was released 10 years ago. EA is just such a stinking company and dumb people buying their garbage are just enabling them to be this shitty.

So 3 years of the same fucking game being sold to fans, with the only change being the roster.

Cool. Not surprising coming from EA.

They fact they are charging $50 for what should've been a $10~$20 DLC, is frankly outrageous to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

So 3 years of the same fucking game being sold to fans, with the only change being the roster.

And for $50 each time.

Not a bad racket for EA.

This isn't news.

EA does something stupid, v3839462046 came out foreverago, we don't need to keep hearing about it.

/s

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Jim Sterling is going to have a lot of fun with this one.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

That's nothing new. They knew from the beginning that the Switch can't support advanced graphics and they won't bother making Switch-only features since most FIFA players don't play on the Switch. So they just recycle FIFA 16-17 every year the same way they did on the Wii and the PSP.

On the other hand, the regular versions on PC and consoles don't get huge improvements either other than gameplay tweaks (new skill moves and other adjustments). All the emphasis is on the Ultimate Team game mode, which is what people spend the most money on.

Actually even the next gen version should be use the same graphics engine.

lol

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

...now, if they pull that with the Mass Effect remaster...pretty sure there'll be a riot...or not...maybe it's just expected from EA now. EA's garbage and ActiBlizz is a very close second.

I'm going to take the devils advocate roll here, and say it doesn't really bother me. I know it's all the rage to hate on EA, but it's quite possible they simply couldn't improve the graphics or add any more features into the game because, let's face it, the Switch launched with shit hardware. Years ago. That's why they're working on a refresh. It takes a great deal of time to compile how the players have performed throughout the year, figure out what numerical values those should be as stats, and apply them to rosters. They're not asking the full price they usually would.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I mean, its nothing New they always just release the same game again again again, just change the name lol, 

And that folks is the EA way, cause we don't always release a game, cause when we do, its the same game 

xD 

YES, I RUN RAID 1 OVER RAID 0

REMEBER TO QUOTE 😜 

And? Are people really surprised by this? If any person still buys any kind of fifa game they really are a fool. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

14 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I'm going to take the devils advocate roll here, and say it doesn't really bother me. I know it's all the rage to hate on EA, but it's quite possible they simply couldn't improve the graphics or add any more features into the game because, let's face it, the Switch launched with shit hardware. Years ago. That's why they're working on a refresh. It takes a great deal of time to compile how the players have performed throughout the year, figure out what numerical values those should be as stats, and apply them to rosters. They're not asking the full price they usually would.

Yeah that's really playing the devils advocate here. 

Doesnt matter whether they couldnt improve the graphics. They literally copy pasted the previous game. And called it fifa 2021. They could have at least made a new game specially for the switch. But they didnt to be cheap skates. They just lowered the prices to not seem so evil when this would have been found out. 

That's a shitty thing to do. People dont hate on ea because it's all the hype. People hate on ea because they are a shit company. And sadly they keep being a shit company because stupid sport gamers keep buying their shitty games that in turn then ruin more of the other games. With shit like microtransactions. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

17 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

Yeah that's really playing the devils advocate here. 

Doesnt matter whether they couldnt improve the graphics. They literally copy pasted the previous game. And called it fifa 2021. They could have at least made a new game specially for the switch. But they didnt to be cheap skates. They just lowered the prices to not seem so evil when this would have been found out. 

That's a shitty thing to do. People dont hate on ea because it's all the hype. People hate on ea because they are a shit company. And sadly they keep being a shit company because stupid sport gamers keep buying their shitty games that in turn then ruin more of the other games. With shit like microtransactions.

Why? Even the slightest bit of research would show you that making a version of the game specifically for the Switch is an absolutely horrible investment. Only 1% of sales of Fifa 20 were on the Switch. There simply isn't any reason to invest the massive capital to get next to nothing back. At least those that are on the Switch and really want to play it have an option at all; with 1% of sales I wouldn't have even bothered.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

And it will sell shit loads because people are thick as pig shit.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

8 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Same shit as with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010: "Remastered". They literally re-released the same game and are charging 30€ for it

I feel like this is becoming a new trend where they release a "Remastered" version with new higher price and remove the cheap original game from all store front. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

I feel like this is becoming a new trend where they release a "Remastered" version with new higher price and remove the cheap original game from all store front. 

That's exactly what happened with NFS. It's "mysteriously gone from origin and Steam. Just to be replaced by this crap that's not even a remaster. It's just a rerelease with all the addons. Back in the olden days, this would be called "Gold Edition" or "Complete Edition". And now they call it a "remaster". Blimey.

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

"Devil's Advocate Roll" sounds like an awesome entree at a sushi place.

Also, the only thing Legacy about anything EA puts out is that each product cements EA's legacy as being terrible.

But you could be playing Pro evolution soccer instead.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

EA really manages to surprise us every time

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

57 minutes ago, williamcll said:

SoCceR

Spoiler

giphy.gif

PES also recycled the same game annually like Fifa but you can download community mods/patches/updates to make it better w/o buying the same game every fking year. 

Gameplay wise, i prefer PES over Fifa but career mode/online experience definitely better in Fifa.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

12 hours ago, TetraSky said:

They fact they are charging $50 for what should've been a $10~$20 DLC, is frankly outrageous to me.

But everybody was upset about Star Wars Battlefront 2

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler