PS5 Controller First Look - PS Blog

sof006

Looks like an Xbox controller

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 hours ago, sof006 said:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/04/07/introducing-dualsense-the-new-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/

From Source:

We’ve reached an exciting milestone with PlayStation 5, as we’re starting to ship our new controller in its final design to developers who are implementing its unique features into their games. But first, we wanted everyone in the PlayStation community to get a first look at the DualSense™ wireless controller, and hear our vision for how the new controller will captivate more of your senses as you interact with the virtual worlds in PS5 games. The features of DualSense, along with PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech, will deliver a new feeling of immersion to players.

DualSense for PS5

Whats everyone opinions? Looks more friendly on the hands for sure, the current PS4 controller can hurt after prolonged use.

EDIT: Looks like it might be using Type - C (not mentioned in blog) but image here looks like it is?

DualSense for PS5

Actually, the cutout for a USB-micro looks too similar to USB type-C to call at that angle... I noticed that in a few devices now, especially in phones.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I like the design.  It's something different and I like the contrast with the colors.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

17 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I think it's just as shit as all the previous ones. L1, L2, R1 and R2 should be on the back of the controller, not on the top; it's a HORRIBLY unnatural way of holding a controller and my hands start to hurt in just a few minutes!

Sure aren't the shoulder buttons already at the back😂. Or do you mean like where the xbox elite paddles are?

White plastic is a bad idea IMO.....  The designer is a masochist or what? They always use some fastidious color like this white or glossy black where they really shouldnt.

i don't like it.

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

I guess dual sense is great for the three games that will implement it.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I love the DS4 over any xbox controller but this is a bit of love and hate, i dont like the curvy look and feel. But i must say i am extremely happy with the addition of the USB type C charge port. That was the only pit fall of the DS4. Overall i am feeling positive about this one and i hope all the work on their part pays off.

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

22 hours ago, SeraphicWings said:

It isn't, Sony has previously stated they still put more resources on first-party single player games in PS5 instead of cloud streaming

Now, if only that controller comes in black, with the colored button, and PS4 backward compatible...

this is why i love sony

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

10 hours ago, mon1ka said:

this is why i love sony

Now that you think about it, majority of PS4 exclusives, including first party and third part studios, are mostly single player games

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

Gotta love an always on microphone that close to your face

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

DualSense™? Hmmm, is it enough for racing games?

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

On 4/7/2020 at 7:01 PM, suicidalfranco said:

Frankly I just want a new Steam Controller.

Yes! Hell yes! Oh my god, I'm not alone...

After using a Steam Controller, any controller like this one or the XBox ones just look awful. I can't imagine how anybody is happy with them. I know it probably won't happen, but I'm hoping beyond hope for an SC2.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Yes! Hell yes! Oh my god, I'm not alone...

After using a Steam Controller, any controller like this one or the XBox ones just look awful. I can't imagine how anybody is happy with them. I know it probably won't happen, but I'm hoping beyond hope for an SC2.

not just that but once you get used to the trackpads to the point that you can manage to start and finish a game of age of empires in the living room, joysticks simply feel impractical.

So far it as allowed to couch game GW2, ESO (thought this one has native controller support), AoE, Anno 2070, Destiny 2, Warframe, Path of Exile, Dauntless, Monster Hunter World, Hollow Knight...

Damn SC and SLink might have been one of my best purchases in year, no regrets would advice it to any one... if only they still were being sold 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I can already see it.... Going to someone else's house and they offer you to play the game.

And all you see is a nasty ass brown controller being passed to you.

That white will be a dirt magnet and I used to know too many people that sweat like fk on their controllers and never clean them XD

I hate seeing dirty controllers.

15 hours ago, mon1ka said:

this is why i love sony

Me to, Sony very heavy on the idea that single player games with strong stories is more important to them. I hope Sony never changes in that regard.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 hour ago, SADS said:

I can already see it.... Going to someone else's house and they offer you to play the game.

And all you see is a nasty ass brown controller being passed to you.

That white will be a dirt magnet and I used to know too many people that sweat like fk on their controllers and never clean them XD

I hate seeing dirty controllers.

I can see this, but anyone who does this anyway is gross AF. Thats not inherantly the controllers fault as a black controller will also have that same problem... you'll just not see the gross nasty stuff (it'll still be there though). Solution is don't use controllers off people who are gross lol.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

On 4/7/2020 at 3:34 PM, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Looks like a xbox controller except placement of analog sticks and d pad is better.

I would honestly say my first thought was the exact opposite. The analog sticks seem like they are in an awkward position. Tbh I have yet to find a controller I like more than the 360 controller. 

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I would honestly say my first thought was the exact opposite. The analog sticks seem like they are in an awkward position. Tbh I have yet to find a controller I like more than the 360 controller. 

Switch Pro controller is pretty good. Fav is the XBone though, takes the 360 and tweaks it just the right amount to make it better, more comfortable to hold, better triggers and the D-Pad is so much better(I know the 360 kind fixed that with the controllers where you twisted the D-Pad to have the circle or a d pad but they weren't packed in and cost £50 to buy seperatly)

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

3 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Switch Pro controller is pretty good. Fav is the XBone though, takes the 360 and tweaks it just the right amount to make it better, more comfortable to hold, better triggers and the D-Pad is so much better(I know the 360 kind fixed that with the controllers where you twisted the D-Pad to have the circle or a d pad but they weren't packed in and cost £50 to buy seperatly)

I just didn't like the feel of the xbox one controller. It seemed larger than the 360 controller and went from the perfect size to be slightly too large. 

8 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I just didn't like the feel of the xbox one controller. It seemed larger than the 360 controller and went from the perfect size to be slightly too large. 

Might be the shape with it being more angular, is a lot lighter though and love the triggers on the Xbone

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

While at first glance I prefer the design aesthetic of the PS4 controller over this potential new design, I am a function over form guy personally. So at this point I really don't want to pass an early judgement on it until I get it in hand. But at the end of the day, I feel that I will still prefer the feel of mouse and keyboard to any controller. 

1 hour ago, BRadjeff7 said:

While at first glance I prefer the design aesthetic of the PS4 controller over this potential new design, I am a function over form guy personally. So at this point I really don't want to pass an early judgement on it until I get it in hand. But at the end of the day, I feel that I will still prefer the feel of mouse and keyboard to any controller. 

true dat

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>