LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

4 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Just got a new one with eta 24 hours for my gpu (gtx 1070ti)

and 18 hours for my cpu (ryzen 5 1600)

that is really long no?

If you just got the work unit the ETAs aren't going to be accurate. Needs time to process a bit before it updates with a more accurate ETA.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

24 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Yeah, it's crazy how much performance jumps between each generation. Almost doubles between the XX80Ti cards with each generation.

This gives a pretty good estimation on estimated PPD for different cards.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/475163-gpu-projects-ppd-database.html

That's an awesome link, thank you. Crazy my V56 does double what my RX580 does. I assume these are at reference clocks too?

Just now, Bitter said:

That's an awesome link, thank you. Crazy my V56 does double what my RX580 does. I assume these are at reference clocks too?

The points there are averages of scores submitted by users. The column on the far right shows how many people have submitted data for that GPU.
Could be overclocked, could be stock clocks... Also performance will vary greatly depending on the specific work unit. Use the chart as more of a rough estimate and not anything exact.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The points there are averages of scores submitted by users. The column on the far right shows how many people have submitted data for that GPU.
Could be overclocked, could be stock clocks... Also performance will vary greatly depending on the specific work unit. Use the chart as more of a rough estimate and not anything exact.

Absolutely, there's a huge variance in cards. I was seeing that over on the Luxmark database where my V56 scores between a 1080ti and a V64, but other V56 score somewhat higher and some very much lower than mine does. The jump in compute from a V56 and a 1080 (comparing to my friends hardware) was pretty large too. Vega was and always will be a compute card that coincidentally can game where as Polaris was a gaming card from the start.

Does anyone know if I change gpu (turn off system, take out gpu, put in new gpu of different architecture), will folding loose its current work unit on the gpu?

47 minutes ago, leadeater said:

That's nearly a banable offence around these parts 😉

/jk of course

I make up for it by also running this on a Mac :P

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

4 minutes ago, abrackers said:

Does anyone know if I change gpu (turn off system, take out gpu, put in new gpu of different architecture), will folding loose its current work unit on the gpu?

I think I did that some time, I added a extra GPU and it somehow got the id of the old one and continued the same WU. Nothing I would recommend but I think it worked that one time, can't remember how big the difference between the GPUs was.

I have just spent the last hour catching up on 30+ notifications on the forum!

LOVING THE ENTHUSIASM!

How are we all feeling today?

Hows the WU distribution going?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

WUs not getting to me though :(

image.png.45d2928c979627a0ed0cd940edd23a22.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

57 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Got a very big WU for both my CPU and GPU. Normally they take between 1-3 hours (few exceptions) now over 8. Anybody else seeing the same?

Yup, also got a 6-hour WU on my 1070 for another project on core 21.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Any updates on the passkey's ? Still haven't gotten mine yet

NVM just saw the link to get one on main page... 

1 hour ago, 42thgamer said:

Got a very big WU for both my CPU and GPU. Normally they take between 1-3 hours (few exceptions) now over 8. Anybody else seeing the same?

i had a cancer one that was 25 000 000 steps yesterday if you mean around that size

3 minutes ago, Mouse-Potato said:

Any updates on the passkey's ? Still haven't gotten mine yet

If you still haven't received a passkey try submitting another request.

Passkeys are taking a few hours to be distributed. Passkeys can be added at any time from the Change Identity menu. Check your Spam folders; Google and Yahoo's filters might be filtering them due to the increase in emails.

• If you have been waiting for more than 24 hours for a Passkey try requesting it again. Some people have noted this to work. (Do not spam it!)

Just an update for everyone, 

I have a meeting of my board this evening, that is where we will be officially suspending operations for my charity.

this is the last step before I go into isolation so from tomorrow I should be available more for getting the final parts of the folding event running.

I am still aiming for the original start up date to give @jakkuh_t time to correct LMGs wrongs and make sure that team LTT get a real shout out or two!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

got stuck trying to upload a WU's any work arounds been trying for like 12 hours. tried rebooting a couple of times now.

guess ill just wait it out and see if they can fit it this morning.

Capture.PNG.be169b6549bd63122c190eadef7d6cf3.PNG

Now that's looking a little more healthy!

image.png.9b13f2cce378f0cd614c399133b99808.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

We have now just passed 2400 sign ups!

Way to go guys, keep pushing!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I have just spent the last hour catching up on 30+ notifications on the forum!

LOVING THE ENTHUSIASM!

How are we all feeling today?

Hows the WU distribution going?

Amazing! They are coming one after another, starting DL even before its done uploading the previous wu!

Just now, Hitcowman said:

Amazing! They are coming one after another, starting DL even before its done uploading the previous wu!

Thats actually not good tbh you miss out on bonus points. I have my client set to "next-unit-percentage" 100 to maximise on QRB points!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Thats actually not good tbh you miss out on bonus points. I have my client set to "next-unit-percentage" 100 to maximise on QRB points!

Oh, thanks for letting me know!
Did not realize that it would affect the total points. Ill fix that right away :)

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Is that the default or how do I adjust that?

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

1 minute ago, Hitcowman said:

Oh, thanks for letting me know!
Did not realize that it would affect the total points. Ill fix that right away :)

You don't get loads more but every little bit helps!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240