LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, Xaiux said:

Is that the default or how do I adjust that?

In the advanced control panel you go to configure, then to expert, add an extra client option and type it in.

image.png.4503557d8888403b4331d607cf43252c.png

Like this, it is case sensitive!

image.png.3acb1b2016a0ca2c56e2a406b7cea69e.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

In the advanced control panel you go to configure, then to expert, add an extra client option and type it in.

image.png.4503557d8888403b4331d607cf43252c.png

Like this, it is case sensitive!

image.png.3acb1b2016a0ca2c56e2a406b7cea69e.png

@Metallus97

Can you add this to the FAQ?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You don't get loads more but every little bit helps!

Huh, it actually also added points on completed WU's thats not been sent yet, 8k more on a 60k job is a great increase! 

I had some downtime yesterday to switch my 8 year old 120mm exhaust fan out for a 140mm ML140 Pro, but I think it was running all night! Almost hitting 5m points. image.png.19ff0de886a9f8ccfda503e818df7853.png

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

Just now, Xaiux said:

I had some downtime yesterday to switch my 8 year old 120mm exhaust fan out for a 140mm ML140 Pro, but I think it was running all night! Almost hitting 5m points. image.png.19ff0de886a9f8ccfda503e818df7853.png

Dont forget to claim your forum folding badge here!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Sbassett said:

Approaching 2M points for the team. I know it's a lot less than the majority of the people crankin' away, but still feels good!!!!

All points are good points, fold on man!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Since Sunday, we've had 37 badge requests (some of them were BOINC) but a HUGE increase in the number of folders and badges being awarded!

As a reminder:

• fold_mem.pngContributor - When you have contributed more than 21 Work Units (WU), you will qualify for this badge, to show your commitment to LTT and the team. 
  • fl_bronze1-F6.0.pngBronze Contributor - When you have contributed more than 1 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team. 
  • fl_silver1-F6.0.pngSilver Contributor - When you have contributed more than 25 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources. 
  • fl_gold1-F6.0.pngGold Contributor - When you have contributed more than 100 Million points, you will qualify for this badge.. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources.

MANY users are quickly qualifying for the bronze badge, and I imagine we will have many silver and gold badges to hand out by the end of the event! 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

0.o It'll take me multiple years to hit 1billion points for that Diamond level with my current set-up. I need some of them sweet sweet dollas so I can build some workhorses!

I'm getting close to the 21 WU badge :D If not already there, haven't checked EOC in a while.

24 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Thats actually not good tbh you miss out on bonus points. I have my client set to "next-unit-percentage" 100 to maximise on QRB points!

How do I set it like that? I cant find the option

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

Just now, Guiltyx said:

How do I set it like that? I cant find the option

Literally like 6 posts back...

20 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@Metallus97

Can you add this to the FAQ?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Ego Matthisum said:

Only got a laptop, but eh each WU counts, dosn't it?

Every WU is another step forward in the march of scientific progress! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Literally like 6 posts back...

What exactly does that do? 

Not allow download to take place until an upload has finished?

(Doesn't have to be a technical description, just general summation works for me :D)

Just now, LordKitsune said:

What exactly does that do? 

Not allow download to take place until an upload has finished?

As soon as the WU hits 100% it will download the next one. If you have slow internet don't do this

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

As soon as the WU hits 100% it will download the next one. If you have slow internet don't do this

Ahhh, so it uploads to the collection server and downloads from work server at the same time. ADSL users beware this setting then! 

Just now, LordKitsune said:

Ahhh, so it uploads to the collection server and downloads from work server at the same time. ADSL users beware this setting then! 

Pretty much

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I got my board meeting in like 90 mins and I still havent showered or shaved.... DAMNNNN

Gotta shoot folks!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Pretty much

Sounds about as spicy as that mac and cheese bowl I just ate. Too early to have my mouth be on fire

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I got my board meeting in like 90 mins and I still havent showered or shaved.... DAMNNNN

Gotta shoot folks!

Meh, Can't you blame corona and dedication in theese times? 

4 minutes ago, WaldorfMan said:

Good morning all!

Question of concern - it does not appear I'm running jobs explicitly for COVID-19.

Is there something I need to do to ensure my folding jobs are limited to COVID-19?

See screenshot.

Thanks all!

image.png.2edf230cf853dfbfb741ac3a43d9d2d3.png

Just have it one Any disease, and it will give priority to Covid-19. It will stille be used for other things, but the main priority now on Any is Covid-19

2 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I have just spent the last hour catching up on 30+ notifications on the forum!

LOVING THE ENTHUSIASM!

How are we all feeling today?

Hows the WU distribution going?

WU distribution has been considerably better today. A couple of periods where WUs were difficult to get, but after 20 mins or so I just paused everything and restarted my PC to give it a a fresh boot (not that that probably matters) and new WUs came through just fine. That reminds me, I need to check on my brothers, he should be getting his QRB by now!

50 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Neat tip thanks, I had noticed mine were downloading (or at least attempting to) before completion, so I've added that setting now.

3 minutes ago, WaldorfMan said:

Good morning all!

Question of concern - it does not appear I'm running jobs explicitly for COVID-19. Is there something I need to do to ensure my folding jobs are limited to COVID-19? See screenshot.

Thanks all!

At this time there is no way to guarantee a Project that is specific to COVID-19. However, that does not mean you should disregard any WU's you get, as they contribute to other health projects!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25