LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, Crabbular said:

I can afford 1 2060 lol

Youll get 1.1-1.3M PPD from the 2060 btw. Outperforming the 1080ti. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

ok quick question. Are the servers wrong or have i done something wrong. I have this set up on two machines and yet it shows me at 75k points. I have been letting them run for the past few days. Each client is set up with my current name , team and passkey. It says even on this radeon machine over 1 million per day.  Few screen shots below. Forgive me if these are total noob questions as well i am totally new lol.

I am currently running this on three machines and assumed the points would be hire that the team gets.

3800x with radeon 5700xt

2700x with 2070 super

5820k with gtx 980

all three are set to fold 

Cattura.PNG.3d8aebfdb68f9edb57db942e708c11ea.PNG

What that even means? Did i lose all the work?

5 minutes ago, Crabbular said:

I can afford 1 2060 lol

Well I'd say unless you need the hardware or have a home for it to got to afterwards buying another system just to fold on is not the best idea, not saying don't do it just think about if it's the best course of action with your money.

After that if you can only buy 1 2060 and that is the best overall hardware configuration for PPD and power then just go with that, multiple GPUs using more power doing the same, less or only slightly more isn't worth it. Also consider that 2060 will have a residual value if you want to sell it and it more likely to be purchased than card like RX480s.

1 minute ago, Critaek said:

Cattura.PNG.3d8aebfdb68f9edb57db942e708c11ea.PNG

What that even means? Did i lose all the work?

are you running the Beta flag on your client?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

are you running the Beta flag on your client?

Idk what it is, all the last WUs worked just fine.

heres an interesting TEDx talk from a while ago I have come across 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Yeah, if I'm gonna get something that's better in some way than the 1080 I have, I'd want to get something that is a worthwhile upgrade. 

I don't know, I'll have a look around, but probably will end up getting a single decent new card. I can just stick that in my current rig as well, rather than finding another motherboard etc. 

3 minutes ago, Critaek said:

Idk what it is, all the last WUs worked just fine.

Then you probably aren't some WUs just fail, it happens. You just gotta live with it and move on. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Crabbular said:

Yeah, if I'm gonna get something that's better in some way than the 1080 I have, I'd want to get something that is a worthwhile upgrade. 

I don't know, I'll have a look around, but probably will end up getting a decent new card. I can just stick that in my current rig as well, rather than finding a new motherboard etc. 

You'd be better off using themoney for a second rig in getting a 2080 or a 2080ti, that way you have a use for it if you decide you wanna stop folding. 

P.S. CeX gives you two year warranty on all their second hand stuff in the UK.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Then you probably aren't some WUs just fail, it happens. You just gotta live with it and move on. 

Oh ok, just keep folding then! Ty!

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

P.S. CeX gives you two year warranty on all their second hand stuff in the UK.

I don't think any of the branches will be open haha

28 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

well guys, here we are. Just owning the thing. I feel like we need a medal 

image.thumb.png.4e6a50018f12c8210560e3d32875c90c.png

At least F@H gave us a shoutout!

21 minutes ago, Crabbular said:

I can afford 1 2060 lol

Think long term, get one 2060, it will give you way more PPD for the money / electricity and you just keep adding to your rig as you can over time.

Filling a machine with a bunch of older cards just fills motherboard slots forcing you to keep building base rigs to expand your setup.

Also for 2060's etc.  look on Amazon Warehouse or any other retailer with used / returned cards as you can get them at deep discounts.   You don't care if it's scratched or missing some cables, you just want it to fold.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

How often do the points in the webcontrol interface update? I finished a 100k WU about 1½  hours ago, and the points haven't updated yet. I am also fairly certain that I didn't get  points for a few GPU WU's yesterday...

I really  wont to crack that 4,5 mill :)

image.thumb.png.d4573eddc29309068ea062615bd64f5d.png

6 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

How often do the points in the webcontrol interface update? I finished a 100k WU about 1½  hours ago, and the points haven't updated yet. I am also fairly certain that I didn't get  points for a few GPU WU's yesterday...

Woo!!! 4.5M!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

39 minutes ago, mattheginger said:

Just keep an eye out for the next week or so, as the WU supply/demand will most likely level out.

237CE409-0A94-4345-BB87-54FBD6B85180.jpeg

Ok no wonder, I have two pcs folding and the most powerful one has not received any WU's at all today. The other one, just one WU which it's still processing.

Just now, raulinbonn said:

Ok no wonder, I have two pcs folding and the most powerful one has not received any WU's at all today. The other one, just one WU which it's still processing.

If you are in the same sort of timezone as me that would be 13 hours + in which case you should try and pause and the fold again to force it to try and get a unit. You might as well just restart the program. 

17 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=875334

Here you can keep track of your folding efforts.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

well guys, here we are. Just owning the thing. I feel like we need a medal 

image.thumb.png.4e6a50018f12c8210560e3d32875c90c.png

image.jpeg.911b4f2c01ee62bc2a618f3aba2c3998.jpeg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=875334

Here you can keep track of your folding efforts.

Thanks :) I already use that page, but besides the discrepancy in points between EOC and the F@H webcontrol, I wanted  to know how often the F@H webcontrol updates points. EOC updates every 3 hours, but I assume F@H webcontrol updates continously. My point is that right now I know, I am stiffed out of 100.000 points, to be honest it kind of sours my enthusiasm a little bit, especially since there is so few WU's to go around. Of course I'll keep folding, and chalk it down to the general server issues, and hope they'll show up eventually.

1 minute ago, Daniel_SC said:

Thanks :) I already use that page, but besides the discrepancy in points between EOC and the F@H webcontrol, I wanted  to know how often the F@H webcontrol updates points. EOC updates every 3 hours, but I assume F@H webcontrol updates continously. My point is that right now I know, I am stiffed out of 100.000 points, to be honest it kind of sours my enthusiasm a little bit, especially since there is so few WU's to go around. Of course I'll keep folding, and chalk it down to the general server issues, and hope they'll show up eventually.

Hey, it could be worse. My score actually seems to be going down on the webcontrol 😂

Just now, Wouterrinos said:

Hey, it could be worse. My score actually seems to be going down on the webcontrol 😂

Holy crap 😂 Hopefully the will return soon!

2 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

The web control is pulling your stats not from your local system or local submissions but your profile data on the F@H stats servers as they can update.
Given how overloaded F@H is keeping up with the global demand and expansion of their WU servers they are probably falling behind a little in WU stats processing. ;)
This is why most of us use the Extreme overclocking stats daily and outright ignore the folding GUI as the roll up stats over the course of hours and days are far more accurate.

Try not sweat the points, the're just fake internet points, focus on the number of work units you process, that's what really matters for Science and people as a whole.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Heh, we're now officially 1/3rd of ALL active users. go LTT Team!

(well ok we're 0.35% short, but we'll get there.. :D)

screenshot_2020-03-26_13-03-38.png

ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 i7 5820K @ 4.5GHz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning 6GB @ 1500/7096MHz (in 2-Way SLI) Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 as Boot Drive 2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint as Storage Drives Corsair AX1200i Antec Performance One P280 1x Asus ROG Swift PG279Q (27" Widescreen IPS 165Hz G-Sync) 1x Sony GDM-FW900 [22" widescreen CRT] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP 1