LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

22 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

Thanks :) I already use that page, but besides the discrepancy in points between EOC and the F@H webcontrol, I wanted  to know how often the F@H webcontrol updates points

Varies a lot based on load. 

Also sometimes you need to refresh the page.

EOC didn't count my WUs for the last update when I finished some well in advance, which means they didn't get them from F@H servers, which means those are at least a couple of hours behind.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

26 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

Thanks :) I already use that page, but besides the discrepancy in points between EOC and the F@H webcontrol, I wanted  to know how often the F@H webcontrol updates points. EOC updates every 3 hours, but I assume F@H webcontrol updates continously. My point is that right now I know, I am stiffed out of 100.000 points, to be honest it kind of sours my enthusiasm a little bit, especially since there is so few WU's to go around. Of course I'll keep folding, and chalk it down to the general server issues, and hope they'll show up eventually.

I would advise using the advanced control. Much more reliable than the webcontrol I find

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

OK, I don't know if I have a problem or not.  Left the PC up all night and it doesn't look like it processed much of anything.  Are other not getting any work or is it me???

Is there a way to see a chart on what was processed on a daily basis???

2 minutes ago, MidKnight Reign said:

Saw LTT vid, joined forums and making first post just to say...

I'm in.

*Hacker voice* I'm In

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Doing all diseases is cool, but I'd like to see COVID listed in the interface.  Maybe there not ready for COVID, IDK.

4 minutes ago, Klips_USA said:

Doing all diseases is cool, but I'd like to see COVID listed in the interface.  Maybe there not ready for COVID, IDK.

Making a new option for just COVID would require a new client, which is the reason they haven't done it.

Just keep it on "Any disease" and COVID Work Units will get priority.

The reason your system has done barely anything is because the servers are still overloaded and they are struggling with preparing Work Units. (You could have read about that in the top blue box/ by reading the first post)

Edit: Beat you to the punch @GOTSpectrum =P

2 minutes ago, Klips_USA said:

The COVID WUs are high priority, so if there is a COVID Wu you will get it.

But to add it to the drop down would require the release of a new client. ATM it is more important for them to be coding more WUs than it is for them to be doing a new client. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

What are your specs?

Eh, my system is old and not much but it aint a potato.

i7 3770k, RX 580, Samsung 850 Evo, 16GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz, ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77, Corsair CMPSU-650TX, Corsair Carbide 300R

Are the new GPU WUs any different from before? They're really hammering my 2070 super. Its hovering 5C hotter than it used to at the same ambient temp :o 

Just now, Plexas said:

Are the new GPU WUs any different from before? They're really hammering my 2070 super. Its hovering 5C hotter than it used to at the same ambient temp :o 

Don't think so. Maybe dust off your pc a bit ;)

2 minutes ago, SpiritWrath said:

Making a new option for just COVID would require a new client, which is the reason they haven't done it.

Just keep it on "Any disease" and COVID Work Units will get priority.

The reason your system has done barely anything is because the servers are still overloaded and they are struggling with preparing Work Units. (You could have read about that in the top blue box/ by reading the first post)

Edit: Beat you to the punch @GOTSpectrum =P

I only asked because up until yesterday, I was getting a fairly steady stream.  I installed a piece of software and hadn't seen any since.  It might have been a coincidence or I broke something.

2 minutes ago, Klips_USA said:

They are modelling Covid-19 according to their news feed the other day.

Covid-19 Statement

The biggest issue they have right now is not enough servers to process WUs. That's a good problem. My PC sat idle for hours waiting for something to do and I have it set for 100%.

4 minutes ago, SpiritWrath said:

-snip-

I hate you...

JK thanks for helping out!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, daChurchPcGuy said:

They are modelling Covid-19 according to their news feed the other day.

Covid-19 Statement

The biggest issue they have right now is not enough servers to process WUs. That's a good problem. My PC sat idle for hours waiting for something to do and I have it set for 100%.

Good to know that my machine may be ready.  I just hope I see a WU come in soon so I know I didn't break it yesterday.

I have 2 machines that will be folding. Will I need to assign different names to it and register twice with the 2 different names? New to folding.

"Rampage IV" - Gaming PC

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced    EVGA GeForce GTX 980                            ASUS VE278H 27in LED Monitor x 3

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition         G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz     Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W

i7 4930k - Overclocked @ 4.5GHz     Samsung 850 SSD 250GB x2 RAID 0           Western Digital Blue 1TB

Logitech G930 Wireless Headset      Razer Naga 2012 MMO Gaming Mouse      Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard

"EMCMS-ESXI" - Server

HPZ800 Workstation Chassis           Seagate 4TB NAS Drive x 4 RAID Z           48GB ECC Elpida DDR3 SDRAM

Xeon E5620 @ 2.66GHz x 2             PNY CS2211 240GB SSD                          HP 80 PLUS Silver APFC PSU - 1110W

LSI 9211-8i SAS in IT Mode

As our office render farm is sat idle whilst our team is working remotely I’m going to contribute it’s total capacity to this team. Hopefully be able to sort it this afternoon. 

176 cores for whatever it’s worth!

1 minute ago, Klips_USA said:

Good to know that my machine may be ready.  I just hope I see a WU come in soon so I know I didn't break it yesterday.

Yeah the servers were outputting quite well compared to the day or two before and now they're back to square 1 at the moment.  I'm assuming you have a GPU ready and waiting as well?  That's like 75%+ of my workloads with a lot of the odd CPU jobs that come in being fairly quick ones so maybe you're just getting super unlucky recently.  If it keeps like that do a restart and pray to RNG-sus.

Saw a while ago Linus F@H vid too... so I am just another victim of that... thanx Linus. (been watching that YT channel for year, but never had the urge register into forums)

...last time I was folding ~15 years ago already. Funny thing, back then I folded 2709 WUs in order to reach almost 3M points and it took me years and several machines (I think there was max 7-8 clients/PCs running for my account). 

Now I got to reach the same score with only ~47 WUs and I think ~36 hours 😂 (four clients, two PCs)

BTW: did you notice that they updated several server software from 9.5.6 to 9.6 just recently... finally I got rid of the WUs I was sitting on since yesterday 🙂

Anyways.... it is nice to be back to folding with my puny donation... 

🇫🇮 Regular ol folder´s Stats... What Event 🤪                            

Main PC: 8700K & MSI 2080Ti Seahawk

Utility PC: Threadripper 1920x & MSI 2080 Seahawk

Dedicated to the Fold: i7 2600K & MSI 1080Ti OC Armor

...good to be back to folding...   🇫🇮

1 minute ago, LU0P10 said:

Saw a while ago Linus F@H vid too... so I am just another victim of that... thanx Linus. (been watching that YT channel for year, but never had the urge register into forums)

...last time I was folding ~15 years ago already. Funny thing, back then I folded 2709 WUs in order to reach almost 3M points and it took me years and several machines (I think there was max 7-8 clients/PCs running for my account). 

Now I got the reach the same score with only ~47 WUs and I think ~36 hours 😂

BTW: did you notice that they updated several server software from 9.5.6 to 9.6 just recently... finally I got rid of the WUs I was sitting on since yesterday 🙂

Anyways.... it is nice to be back with my puny donation... 

Welcome to the team!!!!

Folding HYPE is real ladles and gentlespoons!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240