Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

16 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Let's see my card is about 4 years old so assuming it has been $5 per month for those 4 years, that's $240, or $480 on the high end. My card can push upwards 14M PPD per week. Simply put it could repay itself every few years, and the newer ones more so.

image.png.1732dafae3cd763a37b8d563a623cd86.png

I think more than badges are in order, maybe free floatplane membership for every month we pass 7 million?

I highly doubt that would happen. Mostly because floatplane is sill trying to become profitable and when you are in a situation like that with a startup you really need to have some sort of income even if you are still negative each month. but mostly I like the fact that we are all volunteers here. This team is honestly just a bunch of people folding for the betterment of science and just out of the goodness of our hearts. All our prizes were community donated even. I really like that mentality and with it look we are currently the highest producing team of all of them and in 9th place and probably going up more. But that is just me.

4 hours ago, JVK said:

Just in case anyone would want to know this...

If your web client will not run for the folding program... (for some people it just auto refreshes every few seconds and does not display properly) just open a private web browser (i.e. incognito mode or whatever) and go to https://client.foldingathome.org/

It works that way just fine.

Please just use advanced control. It has many other features you cant do from the web control client and gives you more information than you can get from it as well.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

If I could just keep getting WU 14185 all day that would be great.  Thanks.

image.png.a5c1ffc78b9d9198c2b3f5b9073de271.png

GAMING RIG -----> i7 4790k - GTX 1080 - MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Fractal Design Define S - LOTS of Noctua cooling

FOLDING RIG ----> i7 2700K - GTX 1070 - GTX 1660 Ti - ASUS something or another motherboard - Antec 900

49 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

i'm regretting not sorting out overclocks before the start of the event :/

Gettin failed wu’s 🙁?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

Gettin failed wu’s 🙁?

nah, just... NEET MOAR POWAH

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Crosshair VIII hero  -  Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB@3600  -  Strix 1070Ti  -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB  -  Lian Li PC-011D  -  LTT NH-D15  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3: Xeon X5670  -  MSI X58 Pro-E MS-7522  -  DDr3 6GB@1086  -  GTX 770 Titan Cooler  -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

DIYPc Cheapo Case  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro  -  1TB Hitachi@7200RPM  -  DvD drive 😎  -  Good Intel stock cooler

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110

11 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

nah, just... NEET MOAR POWAH

jeremy-clarkson-power-gif.gif

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 hour ago, palespartan said:

I highly doubt that would happen. Mostly because floatplane is sill trying to become profitable and when you are in a situation like that with a startup you really need to have some sort of income even if you are still negative each month. but mostly I like the fact that we are all volunteers here. This team is honestly just a bunch of people folding for the betterment of science and just out of the goodness of our hearts. All our prizes were community donated even. I really like that mentality and with it look we are currently the highest producing team of all of them and in 9th place and probably going up more. But that is just me.

I'm fine with getting nothing for it (else I would be doing it for cure or EVGA, plus lazy), and many here will likely stay.

As for Floatplane it could be seen as a promotional offer similar to EVGAs cash(which has a expiry date). However it has the benefit of people potentially coming back liking the features it offers or switching over to save a buck in electricity. Currently there are at most 500 people that could get the rewards if set to 7 million even less if at 21 million. There is also one other benefit of letting folders in for free. Publicity while it might be small it's still there (EVGA and others would talk about it), if I wasn't here or watched LTT while FP was in development I wouldn't know about it, heck I'm surprised Linus doesn't keep advertising it occasionally in videos... Well I guess the insane profits from overpriced clothing/bottles is now raking in the dough. (10,000 shirts/hoodies that cost $10/15 each printed would easily pay 1 artists salary for the year, with likely 0 profit)

Note: Stopped watching the WAN show so idk if they still talk about it there, but it's also not a huge viewership either.

18 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

I can only see them issuing it as a reward for those who participate (raffle) over giving it to everyone who hits a certain PPM, even at 25M a month is not that impossible with my card. It's more expensive than paying for floatplane and they'd make no money off of it, so I really can't see it happening sadly, would keep the incentive to fold after the event too.

Aren't they already doing this?  LTT has a separate set of prizes you can sign up to be eligible for, one of them being x10 3 month Floatplane subs.  Granted it's only part of the folding month, but it's something.

GAMING RIG -----> i7 4790k - GTX 1080 - MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Fractal Design Define S - LOTS of Noctua cooling

FOLDING RIG ----> i7 2700K - GTX 1070 - GTX 1660 Ti - ASUS something or another motherboard - Antec 900

8 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Aren't they already doing this?  LTT has a separate set of prizes you can sign up to be eligible for, one of them being x10 3 month Floatplane subs.  Granted it's only part of the folding month, but it's something.

And I just reread the contest from them realizing they are picking 3 of the top 100 that I guess work for LTT.

Anyways assuming all 800+ known people registered that's a winning chance ratio of about 1 in 30, granted that is still a high number considering the value of the 3 months ($10?), but if you consider the cost of entry vs a cup of coffee from Tims during the Roll Up contest with odds about 1 in 7 with the min value of  approx $1 in the sense of winning stuff you're better off chugging down coffee just because it's also a legal drug. Plus this is a once a year for 1 month event that some people can't do. So by permitting someone to get 1 month free for 7 million points for say even the 3 months might give that person enough time to be convinced it is worth buying membership for. Plus once you get them on the network they might go to the other creators on the platform causing a chain reaction which is a good thing for them.

Me personally I'm still waiting for that yearly subscription 🤣

23 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

And I just reread the contest from them realizing they are picking 3 of the top 100 that I guess work for LTT.

Anyways assuming all 800+ known people registered that's a winning chance ratio of about 1 in 30, granted that is still a high number considering the value of the 3 months ($10?), but if you consider the cost of entry vs a cup of coffee from Tims during the Roll Up contest with odds about 1 in 7 with the min value of  approx $1 in the sense of winning stuff you're better off chugging down coffee just because it's also a legal drug. Plus this is a once a year for 1 month event that some people can't do. So by permitting someone to get 1 month free for 7 million points for say even the 3 months might give that person enough time to be convinced it is worth buying membership for. Plus once you get them on the network they might go to the other creators on the platform causing a chain reaction which is a good thing for them.

Me personally I'm still waiting for that yearly subscription 🤣

yeah only top 100 :(  I am so far down that list, not even a life boat will help get my head above that water level again. By the time I finish paying for a system to catchup, I could probably fund the cure for cancer myself.

Production is going to be down a bit today. A local bricks-and-mortar store had a good sale on a 24” Acer 1080p 144Hz IPS monitor so I had to take youngest’s New gaming rig off-Line, install Win 10 on the NVMe and verify that the Gsync compatible worked with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Of course Windows 10 decided to install its boot partition on the SSD that Ubuntu is installed on so had to do some Grubbing to get it back up again.

On 10/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

@Gorgon @palespartan

I... Uh... Broke... Google sheets....

image.png.e3522d6fea67a9ca7fa36427deba4181.png

Lesser people may say that it 'sheet the bed'

you should try using less data

Spoiler

Reference in case people don't get it.  Yes this is a real error it gives

image.png.9c6fe0599b9e6cdfc9a4fd95e29323be.png

Actually it gets better.  When you try to play an unsupported video it tells you to "watch something else"

image.png.2088c9717f6db9279c046547ed112e7d.png

You really can't make this shit up lol

Got my first stuck download WU.... This means I had to delete the GPU slot which means the 100% complete WU that didn't send for a week  also got deleted.... *sigh*

Not sure how much I lost PPD wise

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I'm fine with getting nothing for it (else I would be doing it for cure or EVGA, plus lazy), and many here will likely stay.

As for Floatplane it could be seen as a promotional offer similar to EVGAs cash(which has a expiry date). However it has the benefit of people potentially coming back liking the features it offers or switching over to save a buck in electricity. Currently there are at most 500 people that could get the rewards if set to 7 million even less if at 21 million. There is also one other benefit of letting folders in for free. Publicity while it might be small it's still there (EVGA and others would talk about it), if I wasn't here or watched LTT while FP was in development I wouldn't know about it, heck I'm surprised Linus doesn't keep advertising it occasionally in videos... Well I guess the insane profits from overpriced clothing/bottles is now raking in the dough. (10,000 shirts/hoodies that cost $10/15 each printed would easily pay 1 artists salary for the year, with likely 0 profit)

Note: Stopped watching the WAN show so idk if they still talk about it there, but it's also not a huge viewership either.

I see what you mean and it might be good for publicity but When they do talk about it on WAN (which is only some weeks) Linus has referred to the fact they don't want to push the platform too much until they are out of alpha (no eta) but on the other side has mentioned that they do need it to start making money to hopefully offset some of the red that they are in. Maybe long term it wouldn't be a bad idea once they are in beta but for now I kinda doubt it would be ideal. Also having people able to verify points and then calculate discount on them isn't and easy task... at least not until @Gorgon @GOTSpectrum and I make our own stats tracking server... I do like the idea though of hopefully something LMG can do to encourage it and keep the participation up long term.

Folding Community Board:

1 hour ago, k1n9ch3f said:

yeah only top 100 :(  I am so far down that list, not even a life boat will help get my head above that water level again. By the time I finish paying for a system to catchup, I could probably fund the cure for cancer myself.

They are drawing 3 of the winners from the top 100 then the rest of the winners randomly from those that entered the giveaway. You still have a chance to win even if you aren't top 100.

Folding Community Board:

1 hour ago, palespartan said:

I see what you mean and it might be good for publicity but When they do talk about it on WAN (which is only some weeks) Linus has referred to the fact they don't want to push the platform too much until they are out of alpha (no eta) but on the other side has mentioned that they do need it to start making money to hopefully offset some of the red that they are in. Maybe long term it wouldn't be a bad idea once they are in beta but for now I kinda doubt it would be ideal. Also having people able to verify points and then calculate discount on them isn't and easy task... at least not until @Gorgon @GOTSpectrum and I make our own stats tracking server... I do like the idea though of hopefully something LMG can do to encourage it and keep the participation up long term.

There's an API for it correct? I might be able to assist in making a tracker (not necessarily right away, doing a hell of a lot of things right now, POGO Portal submission site for local discord is one, hundreds of thousands of POI entries have been done/yet to do because Google limited my API access 🤬). That said I've also crated a few barbaric scrappers for job searching 🤣 (Sorry Indeed but your site sucks), also for Runescapes GE when I played it...

I see a potential issue with what you have said, Linus not wanting it to go public(I remember about a year ago they talked about why they didn't approach one of the big YouTubers) makes perfect sense till they get a good chunk of bugs and issues (including infrastructure) sorted out, however the issue is when sides clash which sounds like they are. If FP says they need to make more money, but Linus is holding back that ability it could lead to a disaster, right now is prime time with the whole Ninja leaving Twitch thing. If one waits too long a large potential could be lost. I know they don't want to possibly tackle streamers but when it comes down to ability and money if the service can handle it I say "Why not?"

IMO by doing the trial by PPD could/should lead to more money, even if they don't increase their clientele base for video creators. The whole point is to get people from here to go into FP in hopes they become paying customers, it's not like they are inviting the whole internet in.

Edited by Egg-Roll
there their or they're :P
6 hours ago, palespartan said:

still negative each month.

LTT could make a partnership w/ FP and give away like 5 subscription "gifts" to random members from top 100 each month or something. Wouldn't take money from FP, and instead actually put some into it as LTT as a company have to pay for that.

5 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

idk if they still talk about it there

not really actually.. like, they rarely do, but mostly no. I think they try to talk about it when there are actual new features / exciting things coming to FP

1 minute ago, sanya567xxx said:

LTT could make a partnership w/ FP and give away like 5 subscription "gifts" to random members from top 100 each month or something. Wouldn't take money from FP, and instead actually put some into it as LTT as a company have to pay for that.

Technically this is what they are likely already doing, so ultimately by not doing it actually could be seen as hurting FPs bottom line more than not.

To my understanding since both companies are technically separate FP takes a cut from LTT/LMG like BitWit etc. So technically so long as FP gets their cut from the per subscription costs from them LTT can do whatever they please to attempt to get subscribers.

2 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

not really actually.. like, they rarely do, but mostly no. I think they try to talk about it when there are actual new features / exciting things coming to FP

It's been like that the last time I watched a wan show as well, hopefully FP doesn't go the way of a lot of google projects have, some had great potential like FP.

R.I.P Wave you will be missed

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Hopefully FP is a sturdier Vessel than those other projects

Hide contents

*self hi-five*

It is sturdier than Vessel already since it hasn't been bought to be shut down and merged, with no known prospects known of. Truth be told I keep forgetting about that site, and now I know why, 21 months isn't very long...

It just needs to hold out for another monthish to be better, than it can be sold off which I doubt will happen anyways.

8 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

If I could just keep getting WU 14185 all day that would be great.  Thanks.

image.png.a5c1ffc78b9d9198c2b3f5b9073de271.png

O.o  Ok, I know what I'm replacing my old 960 FTW with.  That is some nice output.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:14 PM, sazrocks said:

Never say never. Seeing as how Curecoin is falling in production, future graphics card horsepower increases might make passing them possible in the next decade.

IIRC, wasn’t HardOCP king of hill a few years ago? And here we are looking to pass them in 3 weeks.

Yep, heck, OCN use to be up there (the team I started off with back in the GTX480/GTX580 days).

But than again, me and several others got a bit miffed over some decisions that occur on OCN (lets just say, a very nice fellow folder was not treated right by the mods) and the big forum overhaul did not help.

:C  Still miss the Chimp Challenge though.  Not sure if anyone could get all the tech forum boards to come together again to do such an event. 

Well, I did finally get a 14196 on my 1080Ti.  Heck, gimme those.  1.3mil PPD is nice.

14196.JPG.59e7de1c42cafaf5c6d9c411dbb26ee6.JPG

Just a nutty gal that abuse hardware with F@H and BOINC.

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 4690K Delid, E5-2670V3, 1900X, 1950X, 5960X J Batch

My GPU Army:960 FTW at 1551MHz, 1080Ti FTW3, 1080Ti SC, 1070 Hybrid, 2x Titan XP

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad 9.7" (2018 model), Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

O.o  Ok, I know what I'm replacing my old 960 FTW with.  That is some nice output. ...

That is definitely an outlier for a 1660 Ti. It should average about 750kPPPD on Linux but with the poor selection of WUs these days mine is more like 660kPPD averaged over the last 6 days. Still, they are nice cards and even more power efficient than Pascal. Though EVGA optimistically gives it a max power of 180W I’ve yet to see it do more than 130W peak and an average of 118W.

My card is back to its old tricks again, falling off boost (down to 1500 MHz) whenever I open certain random programs (spotify etc), or even often when my monitor goes to sleep.

Surely this is a simple setting somewhere?  The second to last windows update seemed to fix it, now with the latest update it's back again 😠

My F@H Stats   --  i7-3770  --  Asus P8Z77-V  --  16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3  --  Gigabyte 1660 Ti Gaming OC  --  Corsair Obsidian 650D  --  Corsair HX-650 PSU

5 of these 'transfer failed'errors in the last 6 days.

Get back to my machine.. 2070 is on 14191 and PPD has dropped to ~1M pdd from the ~1.3-4m average

image.png