LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

9 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Nah it's fine, they just entered the VTEC rpm zone ?

5000+

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

20 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

boosted 2jz fans, duh.

I guess one could argue the fan blades on my FTW card look like turbine blades.... ?

Image result for ftw 3 fansImage result for turbocharger blades

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Delta screamers are back in fashion?

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

well the leading edge of the impeller for sure. that being said, i want a centifugal impeller cooled GPU now. sod blower style, we want T U R B O  M O D E

Can you imagine a PC making blow off valve noises? 

30 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

Can you imagine a PC making blow off valve noises? 

29 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

sorry but i'd be sitting there with the fan control open making it do the bwaaah sututututu noises. forget BOV, give me compressor surge

We need to bring back the Turbo button lol

Image result for pc turbo button

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

I am seriously thinking of taking the 2080TI Strix out of folding, because of all the noises it makes. but it will be a great hit on my PPD. Maybe i could hold another 14 days before doing so. but damn it is hard to live with, compared to my MSI gaming cards.

30 minutes ago, Struck said:

I am seriously thinking of taking the 2080TI Strix out of folding, because of all the noises it makes. but it will be a great hit on my PPD. Maybe i could hold another 14 days before doing so. but damn it is hard to live with, compared to my MSI gaming cards.

I'll take it of you, i'm sure I can handle the noise lol

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

I have found device that can mask my folding rigs noise, my 3d printer with A4988 stepper drivers and LM8UU bearings.

It's currently printing new parts for upgrade, it will take few evenings to print all parts. When I have the parts ready it will be getting 32bit board with tmc2209 drivers. LM8UU bearings will be swapped for sintered bronze bearings and polymer bushings. Should make the thing much quieter.

Thanks to the storm last night and power outages, i lost about half a night of folding. That's really nothing compared to the issues most of the rest of you face, but...

The real issue is that I have a phobia of water and I live in the old family homestead... And the front windows are rotting out. They're leaking worse than ever around the edges and water poured in around the top through most of the storm, on top of all the wind and rain, right into a pair of open outlets on the floor I can't move or cover beyond putting towels on everything. So yeah, trying to clean that up as it was literally raining in on me in the dark was nightmare inducing and today is ... what are the words...

I want to curl up and cry myself into a coma, forget about water, brain tumors, seizures, all of it.

1 hour ago, azmariadei said:

Thanks to the storm last night and power outages, i lost about half a night of folding. That's really nothing compared to the issues most of the rest of you face, but...

The real issue is that I have a phobia of water and I live in the old family homestead... And the front windows are rotting out. They're leaking worse than ever around the edges and water poured in around the top through most of the storm, on top of all the wind and rain, right into a pair of open outlets on the floor I can't move or cover beyond putting towels on everything. So yeah, trying to clean that up as it was literally raining in on me in the dark was nightmare inducing and today is ... what are the words...

I want to curl up and cry myself into a coma, forget about water, brain tumors, seizures, all of it.

I have similar paranoia to leaving windows open for cool air, will wind and rain kick up while I'm out or sleeping and short out a rig.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

My primary noise contributor is capacitor whine at this point. (Oversized radiator with low pump/fan RPM)

I always have to open the window... some weeks ago I posted a pic here. When window + door is closed to my room where I have the rig it reaches 40C ?

but to my luck I have good weatherproofing and nothing to worry about in terms of heavy rain because of the way the windows are constructed :D

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Luckily I haven't had any issues with rain yet here. I have 2 10" fans on the sill of a basement window which is in a well about 3' deep so far nothing's gotten into the fans yet.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

32 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Luckily I haven't had any issues with rain yet here. I have 2 10" fans on the sill of a basement window which is in a well about 3' deep so far nothing's gotten into the fans yet.

I have been using a big box fan to push air upstairs to heat our living space, while opening the windows in the basement to allow in cool air.

Managed to get a half decent chimney effect. 

My house is pretty much just a big P600s case in principal now.  I wonder if I could replace my roof with mesh? Hmmm....

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

2 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

I have been using a big box fan to push air upstairs to heat our living space, while opening the windows in the basement to allow in cool air.

My house is pretty much just a big P600s case in principal now.  I wonder if I could replace my roof with mesh? Hmmm....

I do old style beige box thermals and use the PC's in the already warmer end of the house to warm it more and use their fans to push it towards the cooler end.

3 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

I’m using a 24” box fan too but I only run it when I’m home as it’s hanging upside down with some 14awg wire wrapped around its feet looped around some hooks in the joists so it can blow the hot air at the top of the basement upstairs.

My basement windows, with 3’ deep wells, is like a Fractal Define in that it needs some fan assist to get around the 90 degree turn in the intake path but you can use pretty much any airflow fan for exhaust.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

4 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

1 hour ago, justpoet said:

I do old style beige box thermals and use the PC's in the already warmer end of the house to warm it more and use their fans to push it towards the cooler end.

1 hour ago, Gorgon said:

I’m using a 24” box fan too but I only run it when I’m home as it’s hanging upside down with some 14awg wire wrapped around its feet looped around some hooks in the joists so it can blow the hot air at the top of the basement upstairs.

My basement windows, with 3’ deep wells, is like a Fractal Define in that it needs some fan assist to get around the 90 degree turn in the intake path but you can use pretty much any airflow fan for exhaust.

you are all giving me inspiration for future home projects. lol. Basement? more like compute center/ heater core. 

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

Just now, palespartan said:

you are all giving me inspiration for future home projects. lol. Basement? more like compute center/ heater core. 

This is an idea I have had for awhile, why not host gear at home, duct the server room (basement) ceiling to an industrial blower and push it in to the houses furnace ducts (with the furnace not running of course) 

5 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

This is an idea I have had for awhile, why not host gear at home, duct the server room (basement) ceiling to an industrial blower and push it in to the houses furnace ducts (with the furnace not running of course) 

In a perfect world I would want a want to add ducting to outside so it can vent to outside easier if its warm already and find a way to maybe hook it through some kind of controller to be able to temperature regulate the house too like your normal central heating and then have a valve hooked up as well to be able to close it off from the rest of they system in case I have to run actual heat instead or something. 

@Gorgon can you do this for your house and let me know how it goes? lol

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

20 minutes ago, palespartan said:

In a perfect world I would want a want to add ducting to outside so it can vent to outside easier if its warm already and find a way to maybe hook it through some kind of controller to be able to temperature regulate the house too like your normal central heating and then have a valve hooked up as well to be able to close it off from the rest of they system in case I have to run actual heat instead or something. 

@Gorgon can you do this for your house and let me know how it goes? lol

Given the numbers @Gorgon is putting up on the board I assume all those rigs are in a swimming pool boiling mineral oil.

2 projects fix all of this and make it easy.

Solar

Heat Pump heating/cooling

Ever wonder why cold water is hot in some large buildings?  The cold water system is where the internal room AC puts heat (like that small server closet that has no way to get anything to the outside world).  It would seem fairly simple, in a home, to basically put in a valve that you open one direction in summer to dump the heat from a cooling loop to an outside vs inside radiator.

I'll be sticking with solar though for now, and hopefully heat pump action and more solar next year.  Finally got most of my footings done on the roof, so next up will be the rails (I've designed and am installing the whole system…and yes, to code, not just some shoddy crap people have gotten away with).

ARHGHHH another stuck download!!!

Image result for and another one gif

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

Oh man 

My remote desktop not working. So I'm going to be blind while I'm at work 

?

Hopefully no stuck downloads 

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

?

image.png.6d890c5377f324b4ca6381258ae9b277.png

hopefully that was from this mornings stuck downloads, so the next check point should be better

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC