LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

1 minute ago, minibois said:

It's the one Google form where they asked for a picture of your rig and also your favorite Lenny face, hopefully that brings up some memories (and makes you remember signing up or not) :P

I signed up last year and this year... And yet I never got credit for last year's event, which makes me wonder if I'm going to get credit for this year's event or if my sign up even registered either year.

At least I have proof that my sign up for the community side of the event worked.

14 minutes ago, azmariadei said:

I signed up last year and this year... And yet I never got credit for last year's event, which makes me wonder if I'm going to get credit for this year's event or if my sign up even registered either year.

At least I have proof that my sign up for the community side of the event worked.

With last year's event you had to PM I believe Windspeed for your community folding event badge (which I was to anxious to ask for, so I don't have that one either), while this year apparently that will be added automatically.

Other than the event badge and the chance of a prize, there is not a ton of acknowledgement of your participation I guess.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

With last year's event you had to PM I believe Windspeed for your community folding event badge (which I was to anxious to ask for, so I don't have that one either), while this year apparently that will be added automatically.

Other than the event badge and the chance of a prize, there is not a ton of acknowledgement of your participation I guess.

Everyone keeps telling me it was automatically given out and if I didn't get it I didn't meet the requirements (which I know I did) and I've asked for it in the badge thread but the request has just gone ignored.

3 minutes ago, azmariadei said:

Everyone keeps telling me it was automatically given out and if I didn't get it I didn't meet the requirements (which I know I did) and I've asked for it in the badge thread but the request has just gone ignored.

I had signed up for the LMG portion last year, but never knew the community sign up was different, so I was well above output while participating last year too, but was denied the badge.  :(

5 minutes ago, azmariadei said:

Eh, I dunno. That's what I kind of remember. (Although looking back at last year's thread, it looks like some people should have gotten the badge automatically and if you didn't you were supposed to message the admin Whiskers).

The badge thread is something I have not really followed, so not sure if that is something that counted for the community badges too.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 hours ago, justpoet said:

Which monitor?  I've been thinking I might start my next gaming build early with something like that (since I'm already running 2k, just on a much slower and more graphic design oriented IPS).

AOC Agon AG241QX (199.99 on amazon)

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

also my PPD has absolutely died, had to stop folding trying to figure out why my PC was crashing

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 hour ago, minibois said:

It's the one Google form where they asked for a picture of your rig and also your favorite Lenny face, hopefully that brings up some memories (and makes you remember signing up or not) :P

Yes. Definitely did. (Had to google what Lenny face was ?)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

5 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

AOC Agon AG241QX (199.99 on amazon)

I see a 27" as well, which is what my old IPS is.  I like 2k 27" as the PPI is normal and doesn't require squinting or scaling for programs to look normal. :)

Unfortunately, the 27" doesn't appear to still be available except nicely overpriced by random third party sellers.  :(

1 hour ago, azmariadei said:

1 hour ago, azmariadei said:

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Eh, I dunno. That's what I kind of remember. (Although looking back at last year's thread, it looks like some people should have gotten the badge automatically and if you didn't you were supposed to message the admin Whiskers).

The badge thread is something I have not really followed, so not sure if that is something that counted for the community badges too.

Badges are assigned manually, and to the best of my knowledge always have been.

If your name is on this list from last year and you meet the minimum requirements for the 2018 folding month, you should already have the founders badge and bronze event badge. Please note like this year, there were two separate events going on during the 2018 Folding month, one from the LTT community which signups ended on Oct 31st 2018, and the LTT Company version which still had the signups open throughout the folding event until the end (which did not qualify you for a Forum badge but did qualify you for a chance at the GPU giveaway).

Edited by TVwazhere

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, justpoet said:

I see a 27" as well, which is what my old IPS is.  I like 2k 27" as the PPI is normal and doesn't require squinting or scaling for programs to look normal. :)

Unfortunately, the 27" doesn't appear to still be available except nicely overpriced by random third party sellers.  :(

still, an excellent price for a flagship monitor from yester-year

2 hours ago, minibois said:

2 hours ago, azmariadei said:

We personally handled the event badges, if you were signed up and qualified it was most certainly given. There was no need to PM anyone, much like this year, no PMs will be needed as it will be handled by the group of mods we are working with.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Ok.  Having some odd issue with getting the GPUs on my 2nd rig going.

Updated it to 19.2 Mint Mate, smack the 430 Nvidia drivers on it, installed F@H client and control.  Some weird reason when I set a GPU to fold, it spits out UNKNOWN_ENUM errors.  Restarted the client a few times, re-added the GPU slots, deleted out the fah core and work units, but still both GPUs keep spitting that out.  Starting to wonder if something is up with the video card driver.

At least atm, the 1900X is really spitting out points.

IMG_20191023_105457176.thumb.jpg.40afb470637dd3e053915c586ea13866.jpg

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Folding Thought of The Day:

Do I have devastating GPU coil wine or Tinnitus? 

I mean at day 23 who can even tell the difference anymore...

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Ok.  Got it working.  Woooo, another 1mil PPD here I come.

Now, hopefully I can get two more GPUs up later.  Need to test the Titan X Pascals out.

IMG_20191023_123301336.thumb.jpg.03cda7d15a1716d2f6832f53100286db.jpg

Glad to see my old GTX960 FTW can still spit some decent points out.  After work will fool with getting it OC again to 1551MHz.  I can usually get it to spit out at or above 200K PPD.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We personally handled the event badges, if you were signed up and qualified it was most certainly given. There was no need to PM anyone, much like this year, no PMs will be needed as it will be handled by the group of mods we are working with.

Oh I kinda assumed last year too I was DQ'ed because I didn't fold before the event/after the event + wasn't able to fold the last couple days of the event.

Aaaaanyways..

This year I have been keeping track of my score in a Google Spreadsheets file.. I use a TKL board, which made filling in numbers.. Not that enjoyable. I found a USB numpad somewhere in my room, my goodness! It's so much better to fill in numbers using that!

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Yeah, I'm still salty over participating and not getting my founder badge, even though I understand it was because I followed the instructions from WAN show to sign up rather than a thread I hadn't seen.  They really shouldn't have (and shouldn't be) separate sign ups, especially since everybody is working together on it anyway.

10 minutes ago, justpoet said:

Yeah, I'm still salty over participating and not getting my founder badge, even though I understand it was because I followed the instructions from WAN show to sign up rather than a thread I hadn't seen.  They really shouldn't have (and shouldn't be) separate sign ups, especially since everybody is working together on it anyway.

Don't worry, the community has you covered @justpoet with the only badge you need.  ?

F@hSalty.gif

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

Folding Thought of The Day:

Do I have devastating GPU coil wine or Tinnitus? 

I mean at day 23 who can even tell the difference anymore...

Can't it be both?

I have 2 founders edition cards and 2 dual axial cards at full wack in the server... It's loud 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Can't it be both?

I have 2 founders edition cards and 2 dual axial cards at full wack in the server... It's loud 

I feel you, I got a few cards running, but it's the 1080ti hybrid that's making the racket.   It's a toss up if the coil wine or pump noise is worse.
Lesson learned, 3 slot, 3 fan air cooled GPUs for me from here on out.

17 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

I feel you, I got a few cards running, but it's the 1080ti hybrid that's making the racket.   It's a toss up if the coil wine or pump noise is worse.

My Founders Edition 1080ti doesn't really bother me at all.  I mean the temps are terrible.   But I hardly notice the fan noise over my box fans and windows air conditioning units. 

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

22 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

I have a EVGA 1080ti SC2 hybrid, that's kinda loud, the 1080 aorus waterforce though... My god... It's fully cooled by the radiator, no vrm blower... It's pretty good OCer at 2113mhz

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

28 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

The RTX Hybrids from EVGA don't appear to have pump noise (Or at least I can hear it which is a possibility) With the dual fan control on RTX you can also control the VRM and Rad fans separately but to control the pump requires a Mini to 4-pin adapter and plugging that into a mobo header

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

Congrats to @Gorgon on joining the 2 billion club!

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Badges are assigned manually, and to the best of my knowledge always have been.

If your name is on this list from last year and you meet the minimum requirements for the 2018 folding month, you should already have the founders badge and bronze event badge. Please note like this year, there were two separate events going on during the 2018 Folding month, one from the LTT community which signups ended on Oct 31st 2018, and the LTT Company version which still had the signups open throughout the folding event until the end (which did not qualify you for a Forum badge but did qualify you for a chance at the GPU giveaway).

Ok, this makes sense now. Last year I didn't know about the community side of the event at all and I just signed up for the LTT Company side of the event because that's all that was advertised on the Youtube channel and in the discord channels I followed at the time. This is literally the only reason I visit the forums so I had no reason to look at anything else or look at anything other than what was linked.

I just realized I'm starting to act like my mother... Someone please slap some sense into me...