Biostar STOLE my motherboard!

owen_pi

So I got a biostar x370 MOBO, but it needed to be updated before I could use a ryzen 2nd gen in it.

So I asked AMD if they could send me a kit, but they said ask the MOBO manufacturer first.

I contacted Biostar, they said send it in, they would pay for **return** shipping. But now, I CALL AND CALL and those bastards wont answer. I got through one time, they said it would be arriving back here on Friday the 22nd.

Here it is Wednesday, and it still has not came. The shipping info is right, I know.

I keep calling their number, it says please call back later no one can come right now.  

Can anyone help me get it back? Maybe someone that lives in LA can go knock on their door(jk)?

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/support/rma.php

Call during business hours

Contact them on social media

Send an email to their support staff

There's more than one way to solve a problem

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Is there no tracking?

I ordered a raspberry pi and due to weather/shipping delays I didn't receive it for a full week after the date I was supposed to get it. Delays happen.

Being late a day or two is pretty common for the delivery service...

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Is this your first time ever using a postal service?

Things are slow.

Delivery dates are not always met.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Is this your first time ever using a postal service?

Things are slow.

Delivery dates are not always met.

its not that, its just that they wont respond to me. Also, it says they use 1 day shipping.

"

The following is covered under the RMA process.

• Repair / Replacement at Biostar discretion
  • One way shipping at Biostar expense.

"

2 minutes ago, owen_pi said:

Also, it says they use 1 day shipping

Just because they use it doesn't mean it will be 1 day shipping, that's just the reality of shipping, it's out of their hands if it's late. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I understand, again its not that its late, its that they wont answer the phone. I DM'ed them on facebook though

1 minute ago, owen_pi said:

I understand, again its not that its late, its that they wont answer the phone. I DM'ed them on facebook though

So because they are not answering you came to the conclusion that they stole your motherboard? 

Be patient, don't call back to back, try every few hours 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Is it that they don't answer at all, or are you being put on hold because they're helping others too?

Dude, wait a week. These things take time.

I don't see any evidence of anyone stealing anything? Go through the proper channels before making absurd claims. Things happen. 

Contact them through private message on Twitter if they have a presence there.

Or send them an email.

If no one is available to answer the phone, are you put on hold or does it just hang up? If it's on hold, do you wait or do you just hang up because you don't feel like waiting on the phone?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

You didn't take a picture of the serial number right? 

After 5 business days you should start calling your lawyer and have the SN and any documentation like proof of purchase, warranty papers, etc

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

You didn't take a picture of the serial number right? 

After 5 business days you should start calling your lawyer and have the SN and any documentation like proof of purchase, warranty papers, etc

Who is going to call a lawyer over a mobo? The OP still hasn't clarified if they even have a tracking number. Frankly, if the company shipped back the mobo, it is really out of their hands legally speaking. 

if they givin him the runaround he right to be upset he has a case and a lawyer would help get things resolve

1 minute ago, ManuelNigrito said:

a lawyer would help get things resolve

with a hefty cost to boot, lawyers ain't free

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

lawyer is considered part of life in USA, if you already not have one on retainer, you already being taken advantage

3 hours ago, owen_pi said:

But now, I CALL AND CALL and those bastards wont answer.

Don't you think its a little inappropriate to call them that? They were just trying to help in my opinion. You most likey had to call China, and please keep in mind how working in China would be.

I don't understand why people are so quick to defend the company here. They have a duty to answer their customers, if they don't answer you then what is the point of doing business? 

Shame on them, I would put them on blast on social media to see if you can get a response that way. 

7 minutes ago, danomicar said:

I don't understand why people are so quick to defend the company here. They have a duty to answer their customers, if they don't answer you then what is the point of doing business? 

Shame on them, I would put them on blast on social media to see if you can get a response that way. 

It's like the cheapest quality motherboard manufacturer, what do you expect.

Of course a crap company will have crap customer service.

That doesn't mean they "stole the motherboard".

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

OP has given no evidence of anything being stolen. His shipping was delayed and he flipped.

Also, you do realize Biostar is Taiwanese with little to no US presence. Your board likely ended up in Taiwan... I don't care what their shipping says, that is not taking a day. If you're lucky, customs will take 2 or 3 each way. Thats already a week, not including handling within both countries and by Biostar....

I hope you learned not to buy a cheap brand and expect premium service OP...

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

23 minutes ago, ManuelNigrito said:

lawyer is considered part of life in USA, if you already not have one on retainer, you already being taken advantage

I don't have a lawyer on retainer because I frankly don't need one. So who exactly is taking advantage of me?

28 minutes ago, ManuelNigrito said:

if they givin him the runaround he right to be upset he has a case and a lawyer would help get things resolve

Again, if they already sent the mobo out in the mail, they are no longer legally liable unless they actually made some sort of guarantee that they would in fact cover lost packages. So contacting a lawyer will be an absolute waste of time and money.

You should always be as kind as you can, especially when calling other countries. You don't know what they go though. Imagine you are so rude to China. He reports that to his superior next thing you know the whole support team is being rude back to he next guy from Ohio.

Is it so hard to be respectful to someone? My bother used to work in a call center and he was always stressed out, always having a bad day because of the customers. Anyways I thought I'd just pass that on. I hope you think about what I said.