Music Industry stole a song and copy strikes the original. (Which has 47Mill views) Youtube won't do anything about it. #TheFatRat #TheCalling

rightmeow

There's this music producer, TheFatRat, who made [this song] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-eV7fHNbM) over 2 years ago now. The song got tens of millions of views, he allowed people to use it as long as they credited him. A few days ago, some slimy fucking company or label or something goes and reuploads his song, removes any reference to him, claims it as their own, and fucking copyright strikes him and won the dispute. Let me reiterate that; some asshole stole this guy's original work, copyright claimed it as their own, and won. In Youtube's eyes, it's their song now. You can find more about it [here] (https://twitter.com/ThisIsTheFatRat/status/1072933046939193344).

DuPSSsGXQAIuGQr.jpg

Oh ok.

Sucks.

Time for a revolution

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

This is not the first time this has happened and is an ongoing issue with many other youtubers. If you do not copyright it first and someone else does than its their property by law. Has even happened to videos posted over a year before and they copyrighted it and flagged the original which was taken down. This isnt a new concept. 

image.png.7bfbec2bda05488b37c549439f76147f.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

This is not the first time this has happened and is an ongoing issue with many other youtubers. If you do not copyright it first and someone else does than its their property by law. Has even happened to videos posted over a year before and they copyrighted it and flagged the original which was taken down. This isnt a new concept. 

Why are you allowed to copyright something that someone else can very easily prove they created? I hope this guy can afford some court action, because if YouTube turns a blind eye then a precedent needs to be set. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

@mynameisjuan, no. This is an original song made by the FatRat with over 40 million views. Anything you make is instantly copyrighted, always! (Linus doesn't have to file paperwork for every video you he makes) No one can steal it from you. You're thinking of trademark. In this case a company called PowerRecords uploaded a copy of HIS song and then copyright claimed his original. This is definitely illegal, but youtube won't do jack shit about it. 

If I was TheFatRat I'd be filing a lawsuit. I'm 100% sure what Power Records have done is completely illegal.

He's probably got enough money for legal costs anyway since he has 40M views on one video..

17 minutes ago, rightmeow said:

There's this music producer, TheFatRat, who made [this song] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-eV7fHNbM) over 2 years ago now. The song got tens of millions of views, he allowed people to use it as long as they credited him. A few days ago, some slimy fucking company or label or something goes and reuploads his song, removes any reference to him, claims it as their own, and fucking copyright strikes him and won the dispute. Let me reiterate that; some asshole stole this guy's original work, copyright claimed it as their own, and won. In Youtube's eyes, it's their song now. You can find more about it [here] (https://twitter.com/ThisIsTheFatRat/status/1072933046939193344).

DuPSSsGXQAIuGQr.jpg

What I find funny about this is that it says "if the claimant disagrees with your appeal". 

YT are practically letting "Power Records" decide (from what I can gather at least, please correct me if I'm wrong)

YouTube, pull yourself together. The copyright claim system is a f**king mess..

its not up to youtube to sort this thing, youtube receive claim they have to take it down. if the claim is wrong then the claimant has to agree its wrong, if he doesnt you have to go to court and sue

i know it seems stupid but youtube cant judge ownership. imagine making a song and not uploading it to youtube, someone else gets hands on it and uploads it. its not theirs even if they uploaded it first and youtube cant just decide its theirs

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Just now, Neftex said:

its not up to youtube to sort this thing, youtube receive claim they have to take it down. if the claim is wrong then the claimant has to agree its wrong, if he doesnt you go to court and sue

It really should be though since YouTube are hosting the video. It's their site. Copyright is a serious issue and it should really be up to YouTube to settle this.

Besides, if it's not YouTube's fault then who's is it? It's unfair how the claimant decides. 

1 minute ago, Neftex said:

its not up to youtube to sort this thing, youtube receive claim they have to take it down. if the claim is wrong then the claimant has to agree its wrong, if he doesnt you go to court and sue

Sure, while youtube takes down your channel, and someone else makes all the revenue for your song. 

18 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Fuck these assholes I love TheFatRat.

I wouldn't share that, it is still monetized and any money being made on that is not going to  TheFatRat as of currently. The video is currently "monitized by claimant".

Edit: I made a "dur-da-dur". I was corrected, it is a different song. Ignore this, and this, and this.....

Just now, rightmeow said:

Sure, while youtube takes down your channel, and someone else makes all the revenue for your song. 

have to sue for damages, but its not youtube at fault here

2 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I wouldn't share that, it is still monetized and any money being made on that is not going to  TheFatRat as of currently. The video is currently "monitized by claimant".

Monody is a different song. Monody hasn't been stolen too has it? It's my personal favorite.

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Nah, it's cool. That's a different song. Still monetized by the FatRat himself.

4 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Monody is a different song. Monody hasn't been stolen too has it? It's my personal favorite.

My apologies, I didn't see that part as it was cut off on my phone.

ignore my prior post lol.

5 minutes ago, rightmeow said:

Nah, it's cool. That's a different song. Still monetized by the FatRat himself.

Ya I realized that later lol.

As many have said, TheFatRat can sue these guys in real life for (1) BIG money and (2) hopefully the return of his property to his hands.

Seriously, Power Records might as well have committed suicide by doing this...

Spoiler

image.png.cb07336cf7d89830d0ce4fbc3208175e.png

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

According to DMCA law (which YouTube should be following) the burden is on the claimant to prove that he owns the content and not the other way around. YouTube's system is so broken and prone to abuse, this has been proven time and time again for as far back as I can remember.

-KuJoe

10 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

According to DMCA law (which YouTube should be following) the burden is on the claimant to prove that he owns the content and not the other way around. YouTube's system is so broken and prone to abuse, this has been proven time and time again for as far back as I can remember.

wrong?

"A DMCA claim requires that hosting providers, upon receipt of an infringement claim, remove or disable access to any websites that are potentially infringing."

The notice should have:

• A physical or electronic signature of the person that owns the copyright or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
  • Identification of the work or works that you are claiming infringement upon and a list of all the works.
  • The location and identification of the material that you want removed.
  • The address, telephone number, and email address where you can be contacted.
  • A statement that says you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the way it is being used has not been authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
  • A statement that the information in your notice is correct and that you are either the owner of the copyright or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.