PS4 price drop

Oberon.Smite

So the eighth gen consoles have been out for a while now. We all now that in all honesty they suck, but they aren't the worst things either. So apprently there's a gigantic pricedrop on the PS4 in Japan. Hopefully this is permanent, and I hope that this does trickle down to the US market. Have a look.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sony-event-tokyo-game-show,30090.html

Hardware And Pricing

There were also a few updates to the console hardware itself. The company announced new color variations for the HDD bay cover on the PS4. The new covers will be available on November 6, but fans can begin pre-orders on a few choice colors now. Each cover is priced around $21.

New-DS4-Controllers_w_755.png

A new set of DualShock 4 colors are also available: gold, silver, steel black, and crystal. Gold and silver controllers will be available for purchase in North America and Europe at some point, but Sony has yet to reveal a date. As for the steel black and crystal, which is more of a see-through version of the controller, it's unclear if those are coming to the West.

The Vita continues to get a little more love with a set of three new colors set for release on September 17. Considering that the Vita is a more popular device in Japan than in other parts of the world, they might only be available in Japan at the moment.

Finally, Sony issued a price drop on Japanese PS4s. The new price is set at 34,980 yen, which rounds to about $292, compared to the current price of $399. However, this price drop is only for Japanese customers. If the price changes in North America and Europe, Sony will probably share the news a few weeks before the holiday season

It's only $475 here.

That's an OK price. It used to be more.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

k still over priced for what it is

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Saw it earlier today.

Official Sony Europe blog has said the Gold and Silver controllers will come to Europe too and supposedly the Steel Black controllers are already included in the Arkham Knight bundle.

Nothing on the Crystal controller.

Which looks sexy by the way, reminds me of the N64 and GameBoy Color era.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's only $475 here.

it's only 600$ here 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

yea it is, the ps4 has some great games ( i dont own btw, cousin does tho)

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Well, now, these are choice. If you were watching this morning’s SCEJA Press Conference 2015 live from Tokyo, you’ll know that a number of new Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller colour variations are on their way, and I’m happy to confirm that the Gold and Silver editions will be available in SCEE territories.

We’ll have more news on release date and pricing soon but in the meantime, grab a napkin to mop up any drool, and wrap your eyes around the images below.

Source: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/09/15/gold-and-silver-dualshock-4-wireless-controllers-unveiled/

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i had two thoughts by this news:

1: FINALLY its not called "next gen" anymore.

2: now they may be cheaper than a similarly performing PC again...

PC MASTER RACE

But really I don't like playstation, the ps2 was sony's prime and they'll never reach those heights again

Please leave then. I'm calling in a mod for this.

If the PS4 dropped to 300 than I think it'd be well worth it for the exclusives.

If you MUST play the exclusives, you don't really have a choice... but as a gaming system it doesn't make any sense. Bare in mind that you'll have to feed them 50 bucks a year to play online after purchase, and the games are more expensive.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

PC MASTER RACE

But really I don't like playstation, the ps2 was sony's prime and they'll never reach those heights again

I still play my PS2.  :P

How come its $292 in Japan 0.o? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

Never was and still isn't next gen... its the ps3's iphone 6s

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

How come its $292 in Japan 0.o? 

The tech is quite cheap in Japan (compared to m location). A friend was there for 6 months, she bought SSD for another friend, Vita for my gf and her bf, few other things, shipped them here (the other side of the world), it was still much cheaper than if I bought it here.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Are you high? I could say 'go build me a comparable pc for the same price' at $400 and people could do it and make one that runs slightly better than the ps4. For $300? Not a chance in hell.

The price of games and online play is a different story, but the system itself? Not overpriced in the slightest now.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Are you high? I could say 'go build me a comparable pc for the same price' at $400 and people could do it and make one that runs slightly better than the ps4. For $300? Not a chance in hell.

The price of games and online play is a different story, but the system itself? Not overpriced in the slightest now.

Yeah, but after you pay the yearly fee for online and an extra controller which most people want you're right back over $400. 

Yeah, but after you pay the yearly fee for online and an extra controller which most people want you're right back over $400.

It really depends on what you like to play. If the price drops to that, I'll grab one immediately but I won't be paying for either of those because I mostly play rpgs and other single player games.

Over the long term though, just having to pay for online will make it more expensive if you like to play any multi-player games, and having to spend so much for controllers isn't great either.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

The tech is quite cheap in Japan (compared to m location). A friend was there for 6 months, she bought SSD for another friend, Vita for my gf and her bf, few other things, shipped them here (the other side of the world), it was still much cheaper than if I bought it here.

It's not. Tech itself is actually more expensive here, game consoles are cheaper, PS vita could be purchased for around 120 bucks, seems to costs 200 in the US. The only time it's cheaper here is if you have a US passport and buy things duty free, and for a while yodabashi was giving 5% off to people who buy duty-free with a visa card.

Most tech stuff will always be cheaper in the US.

It's not. Tech itself is actually more expensive here, game consoles are cheaper, PS vita could be purchased for around 120 bucks, seems to costs 200 in the US. The only time it's cheaper here is if you have a US passport and buy things duty free, and for a while yodabashi was giving 5% off to people who buy duty-free with a visa card.

Most tech stuff will always be cheaper in the US.

Oh I compared it to my location, not US, and when compared to most of the Europe (if not all) it's still cheaper.  :P

Vita is ~$300 here, somewhere even more expensive than that.

Oh I compared it to my location, not US, and when compared to most of the Europe (if not all) it's still cheaper.  tongue.png

Vita is ~$300 here, somewhere even more expensive than that.

A PS Vita is around $190 here, so no, not all of Europe.

$300 for a PS4 is honestly not that bad.

I'll wait and see what the new Nintendo console is about before actually committing to a purchase. Personally I'd rather play Nintendo exclusives than Sony exclusives. 

A PS Vita is around $190 here, so no, not all of Europe.

I was comparing Japan and Europe, it's cheaper there.  :)

I think this is going too much off topic.