This just made me angry!

skate048

So today i was reading my newspaper as usual when i came across this ad from lenovo and it made me a bit upset. It was an ad about the "latest powerful gaming pc" and i read the specs and i cringed ! So for about 20 minutes i have been researching what exact components went in this pc and i will just leave a link to a pcpartpicker list of thoose components and keep in mind this pc costs roughly (if you even spell it like that) 1300 US dollars! http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HGXyP6

Now i'm just wondering what you think about this and thank you for your time reading this rant!

That's why we don't buy pre-builts...

thats called making money

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

4790 (non K) with a Z97 and 750 Ti.

Top kek.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That is baddd!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

One thing companies don't know how to do is put a Good CPU and GPU. If it was $1300 had an i5-4690k .z97 and a 960 it would be an alright system

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

That's how most premade gaming PC manufacturers work. They slap in some low grade GPU with an overkill CPU in an attempt to profit off of peoples ignorance.

I can just imagine all the people who bought this and tried to play something like the witcher 3 and they must have cried!

One thing companies don't know how to do is put a Good CPU and GPU. If it was $1300 had an i5-4690k .z97 and a 960 it would be an alright system

We can always wish!

screw pre-builts, thats how they make money imho, non-techies will think "wow an i7 that must be beast" and that allows them to throw in a low-grade gpu to rip off customers. 

I clicked the link, my life was shortened by several years.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

screw pre-builts, thats how they make money imho, non-techies will think "wow an i7 that must be beast" and that allows them to throw in a low-grade gpu to rip off customers. 

FX-4100, GT520, AND a shitty low grade PSU and other sub $40 components for $600.

Yeah...

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I can just imagine all the people who bought this and tried to play something like the witcher 3 and they must have cried!

Honestly, as much of an underhanded move it is to short the customer on the GPU, most people who are ignorant enough not to know any better will probably be completely satisfied with what they bought. Not everyone is a hardcore master racer like a lot of us on the forums. They could probably get 20 FPS and be blown away that they can now play Witcher 3 on their PC.

They know how, they simply do not do it to maximize profit.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

DONT LOOK CHILDREN!!!

Children, this is how apple makes money from any apple product!111!!

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

That's why we don't buy pre-builts...

@LinusTech needs to take a page out of Total Biscuits book and do a "We Do Not Buy Pre-Builts" T-shirt

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Honestly, as much of an underhanded move it is to short the customer on the GPU, most people who are ignorant enough not to know any better will probably be completely satisfied with what they bought. Not everyone is a hardcore master racer like a lot of us on the forums. They could probably get 20 FPS and be blown away that they can now play Witcher 3 on their PC.

20 FPS ARE YOU CRAZY!!! I actually had to game on my laptop for a bit about a month ago when my pc got destroyed in a flood (yay Sweden!) and i bearly got 20 fps in skyrim with only like 20 graphichs mods yes that is nothing compared to my big rig AKA Neptune 2.0 on that i have about 230 mods and probably 60 of them are garpichs mods!

I clicked the link, my life was shortened by several years.

I'm sorry bruddah!

20 FPS ARE YOU CRAZY!!! I actually had to game on my laptop for a bit about a month ago when my pc got destroyed in a flood (yay Sweden!) and i bearly got 20 fps in skyrim with only like 20 graphichs mods yes that is nothing compared to my big rig AKA Neptune 2.0 on that i have about 230 mods and probably 60 of them are garpichs mods!

Never forget, Ocarina of Time runs at 20 fps.

Put it in fancy box and you can sell it for 2 grand.

And mass produce em for minimum wage.

Then put Linux with nice skin on it and call it apple.

U R Rich now.

Put it in fancy box and you can sell it for 2 grand.

And mass produce em for minimum wage.

Then put Linux with nice skin on it and call it apple.

U R Rich now.

PERFECT!!!