This just made me angry!

skate048

To be honest with you, most customers with money say to me "I wand an i7 and a graphics acrd and 16GB of ram...

I usually build them something like that PC that you put up. Like customers are so drawn to the concept of an i7 that they'd rather have one than a good graphics card. I don't even advise them to go i5 any more because at the end of the day, I make more money (and £5 from Intel for putting the Core i7 sticker on the case but I make that through other means, you have to apply for it from this marketing company but if you build computers it's well worth it)

I mean, in my opinion, this is just business. The customers who will buy that rig typically won't notice anything wrong, and the customers who WOULD notice know not to buy pre-built. You've got the price of the parts, sure, but you also have the cost of the employee assembling it (salary + benefits), distribution costs, warranty stuff, etc,and only then do you get into profits. I see nothing unreasonable here. These kinds of mark-ups are common in every aspect of retail.

I mean, in my opinion, this is just business. The customers who will buy that rig typically won't notice anything wrong, and the customers who WOULD notice know not to buy pre-built. You've got the price of the parts, sure, but you also have the cost of the employee assembling it (salary + benefits), distribution costs, warranty stuff, etc,and only then do you get into profits. I see nothing unreasonable here. These kinds of mark-ups are common in every aspect of retail.

lol no, why can Vibox in UK produce 80 pounds over the pcpartpicker cost build and still make profit?

they got enough money already by buying in bulk. especially big companies like lenovo and HP.

yes they put useless crap in it, but you get what u pay for at least. some companies just bet on customers ignorance.

This is business and gaming pc done right:

https://www.vibox.co.uk/defcon3-blue

PC of the week

blue.png

Defcon 3 - Blue

From £709.70

• 3.3GHz i5 4590
  • Z97 PC Mate
  • GeForce GTX 950
  • 1TB HDD
  • 3.3GHz Intel Core i5 4590 4-Core CPU
  • MSI Z97 PC Mate Motherboard
  • ** NEW ** NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Graphics Card
  • 1TB (1000GB) Sata III Hard Drive
  • [AMD ONLY] 8GB Patriot 1600MHz DDR3
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home + Installation
  • Corsair Carbide Spec-01 Blue LED Gaming Case
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Cooler
  • SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550w Gold PSU
  • 24x DVD-RW Optical Drive
  • Lifetime Evolution Warranty - Build Charge, Shock-Proof Packaging, Express Delivery, 2 Year Parts Cover, Lifetime Labour & Tech Support
  • Internal LED Lighting Kit - Blue
  • 2x Bitfenix Spectre PWM 120mm Fan Blue LED

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£154.92 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£24.95 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£64.74 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£29.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£38.70 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Superclocked Video Card  (£125.99 @ Aria PC)
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  (£43.98 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: Super Flower Golden Green HX 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (£57.12 @ CCL Computers)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  (£9.36 @ CCL Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)  (£67.95 @ Ebuyer)
Case Fan: BitFenix Spectre PWM 51.3 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£7.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case Fan: BitFenix Spectre PWM 51.3 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£7.99 @ Amazon UK)
Other: blue leds (£7.00)
Total: £640.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-28 09:48 BST+0100

This is gaming pc done right.

You know it's funny, back in the day I had a Toshiba Satellite gaming laptop that died and must've melted itself because it wouldn't post to the BIOS after dying in the middle of a gaming session.

I'm suspecting it was even because of built-in redundancy, because it died just a few months after the warranty expired.

I walk into the computer store when I go to order a new custom PC, and mention about my laptop to the guy and he suggested I bring it in and they could fix it.

He probably just thought it was simple like I hadn't plugged in the charging cable properly, because when he realised the laptop actually had a serious problem he was like.....oh.....er.....yeah you might have to send it to Toshiba.

That's basically laptop ownership in a nutshell, if you have a problem then good luck getting it fixed, and that's ON TOP of the terrible value for money.

lol no, why can Vibox in UK produce 80 pounds over the pcpartpicker cost build and still make profit?

they got enough money already by buying in bulk. especially big companies like lenovo and HP.

yes they put useless crap in it, but you get what u pay for at least. some companies just bet on customers ignorance.

Like I said, it's just business. If there wasn't a demand for it, they wouldn't supply it. If you owned a business and people were willing and eager to pay a premium for your product, would you refuse it? Probably at first, but if it keeps happening, you would just raise your prices, right?