Nintendo fires employee for speaking on Podcast.

SImoHayha

Here is said podcast on this website

http://www.chaingangmedia.com/ptg76/

The man in question who was fired was named Chris Pranger.

Now the man was fired because he was talking about some things on the Podcast.  Here are some of the main points.

1. Nintendo sometimes uses their own employees as voice actors to save money

2. He talks about why games can't be always localized due to the fact of a small fan base. And because it makes them lose money because of said tiny fan base.

3. Nintendo offers a huge game library of games for almost every system to get accustomed to how games are like genre and such. He said that is how he managed to play some Bioshock Infinite

4. Sakurai is very sensitive to fan feed-back so he hates it when a fan leaks something.

He says he was in the fault for saying things without permission shown in said twitter post.

However do I think the guy should be fired ? Nope so what if he talked about somethings Nintendo are being assholes about it. It's not like he talked about the secrets of Nintendo or spoiled video games and shit. Personally I think he should've been suspended for about a week or so and offered, a formal apology to the higher ups of Nintendo and cut it clean and make sure he asks for permission for speaking about stuff again or shit really is going to hit the fan for him.

Nintendo also said something rather douchebaggy to him as well. Well I see it as a bit douchebaggy.

“We have no comment on this topic other than to wish Chris the best in his future endeavors.” Yea thanks Nintendo.

Here Chris says something rather sad since he was fired.

“I look around my house and see images of my son and feel such intense shame and crippling sadness,” Pranger wrote on Facebook. “I know that if I can’t find a job at least as good as this one, I won’t be able to provide for my family I’ve lost them their health coverage and their security. I also know that I’ve probably lost a good deal of my friends, just because I know how hard it can be to stay in touch with someone when the convenience of proximity is lost. I’m so sorry to everyone. I’ve failed you. You believed in me and supported me and trusted me and I’ve failed you. I’ve failed me.”

sources : http://kotaku.com/nintendo-fires-employee-for-speaking-on-podcast-1723906717

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/08/13/nintendo-fires-treehouse-employee-for-appearing-on-a-podcast/

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/08/03/chris-pranger-from-treehouse-talks-about-working-for-nintendo/

Edited by Ramamataz

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

man Nintendo is tight lipped 

I mean his fault and all, but it never fails to amaze me 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Good. Dont stay shit about your job on live tv. Sure at home with your SO or someone but not on a podcast. Its good he was fired. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Trash talk your company in front of the public and expect to get fucked.  I feel bad for the guy, but this was an idiotic move on his part.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Yeah, might not want to talk about how your employer cuts corners to save money. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Good. Dont stay shit about your job on live tv. Sure at home with your SO or someone but not on a podcast. Its good he was fired. 

i dont think so. he didn't really talk bad about anyone. Nor reveal anything special

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Well he did talk shit about his own company...

It's like saying to the public that your friend doesn't wash his hands after using the washroom. Said friend would probably kill you.

(Please wash your hands after using the washroom. Please.)

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Yeah, might not want to talk about how your employer cuts corners to save money. 

lel maybe if nintendo got their shit together

Well he did talk shit about his own company...

It's like saying to the public that your friend doesn't wash his hands after using the washroom. Said friend would probably kill you.

(Please wash your hands after using the washroom. Please.)

he didn't tho

maybe I can get out of my shitty job if I do this

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

It seems a bit harsh but we also don't know the full story. It could be that he was asked not to go on the show and talk but then went and did it anyway. Or that Nintendo wanted to get rid of him for some other reason and this just gave them an excuse. It's pretty crap for him but it does happen all of the time in all sorts of companies.

Also the little jabs and Nintendo's product aren't really necessary. Don't turn this into a fanboy war ;) 

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

It seems a bit harsh but we also don't know the full story. It could be that he was asked not to go on the show and talk but then went and did it anyway. Or that Nintendo wanted to get rid of him for some other reason and this just gave them an excuse. It's pretty crap for him but it does happen all of the time in all sorts of companies.

Also the little jabs and Nintendo's product aren't really necessary. Don't turn this into a fanboy war ;)

It's not even because of Fanboyism. Am saying that because it's the truth. Nintendo Wii U doesn't even rival the PS4 or XBONE in specs. In games that is different because Wii U has lots of games, and can't it play normal Wii games as well?

Yea... Don't really want to go about telling people Nintendo uses their own employees as voice actors to save cost.... 

The industry is just harsh no matter where you work :/

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

i dont think so. he didn't really talk bad about anyone. Nor reveal anything special

Like hell he didn't. 

I'm listening to the podcast right now and he spent a good few minutes shit-talking sakurai and making him look like an asshole (which he is, everyone how even vaguely follows games know this)

There's also several people saying he was talking shit on the fanbase, though I'm only 18 minutes in so I don't know firsthand.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

lel maybe if nintendo got their shit together

Every company cuts corners for money. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

It's not even because of Fanboyism. Am saying that because it's the truth. Nintendo Wii U doesn't even rival the PS4 or XBONE in specs. In games that is different because Wii U has lots of games, and can't it play normal Wii games as well?

But it has nothing to do with this topic.

The guy talked publicly presumably without permission or at the very least not on-message. In the gaming industry, regardless of what he said, that's a big deal. There are NDAs all over the place because the entire industry is built around controlling the message. As harsh as it may seem to us you don't want to have a dude talking to the public that you can't control. Sure, Nintendo is more secretive than most. Sometimes to their advantage, sometimes not. But I wouldn't be surprised if any of the other big publishers would have done precisely the same thing.

2. He talks about why games can't be always localized due to the fact of a small fan base. And because it makes them lose money because of said tiny fan base.

Man I just wish so hard I could get into a board room of Nintendo just to drop: You know, if you want to make money, you could just release your games on PC using steam instead of losing money to emulation.

Like hell he didn't. 

I'm listening to the podcast right now and he spent a good few minutes shit-talking sakurai and making him look like an asshole (which he is, everyone how even vaguely follows games know this)

There's also several people saying he was talking shit on the fanbase, though I'm only 18 minutes in so I don't know firsthand.

Well...hmm..I can see that. but he also talks about how hard he works in smash and how the guy should deserve a break or two in once a while.

But it has nothing to do with this topic.

The guy talked publicly presumably without permission or at the very least not on-message. In the gaming industry, regardless of what he said, that's a big deal. There are NDAs all over the place because the entire industry is built around controlling the message. As harsh as it may seem to us you don't want to have a dude talking to the public that you can't control. Sure, Nintendo is more secretive than most. Sometimes to their advantage, sometimes not. But I wouldn't be surprised if any of the other big publishers would have done precisely the same thing.

Alright I can see that.

What an idiot. 

not really, he had a measured calm response, admitted it was his fault, and moved on. An idiot would have made a scene, ensuing he'd never get hired anywhere else 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Man I just wish so hard I could get into a board room of Nintendo just to drop: You know, if you want to make money, you could just release your games on PC using steam instead of losing money to emulation.

I know that Wii U emulator is so great right?

Their problem is they suck at advertising.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Everyone's saying he talked shit about Nintendo. I have neither the time nor the inclination to listen to the whole podcast, but nothing in the OP gives the impression that he said a negative word about Nintendo.

Every company cuts corners for money. 

True True.

I still don't think it necessarily has anything to do with what he said. A game company as big as NIntendo wants to control their message, that's a central part to their business. When stuff leaks months before they planned to announce it that does real damage. As a fan try and get excited about an E3 show from your favourite company when everything is already known. It completely sucks the air out of the hype cycle. I agree it's harsh and I don't think he deserved it necessarily.... but I can get why a company like Nintendo is very heavy handed about this sort of thing.

I know that Wii U emulator is so great right?

I assume this is sarcasm given such a thing doesn't exist. AFAIK (and I've really searched for them) the only ones that "exist" are scams so it's probably not a good idea to say that they exist even jokingly. Wii and Gamecube emulators? For sure. Wii U? Nope. Not even close.