Nintendo fires employee for speaking on Podcast.

SImoHayha

i dont think so. he didn't really talk bad about anyone. Nor reveal anything special

I think dissing your employer is bad on a podcast. I would have fird him personally. Maybe some of you are more forgiving but he would be out with me. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

not really, he had a measured calm response, admitted it was his fault, and moved on. An idiot would have made a scene, ensuing he'd never get hired anywhere else 

He's an idiot for agreeing to be on the podcast to speak about Nintendo in the first place. He should have known better. 

I think dissing your employer is bad on a podcast. I would have fird him personally. Maybe some of you are more forgiving but he would be out with me. 

He hasn't tho really. Am listening to the podcast he hasn't said anything really rude well maybe a little couple of things towards sakurai however nothing really serious and he even gives him props for being really enduring and trying to make smash as perfect as possible

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Thats why you leak shit in secret.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I wouldn't be surprised if there was something in his contract that made talking to the gaming press about things internal to Nintendo a sackable offence.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Nintendo really needs a change of upper management.

Seriously, I feel like they're circling the drain by their own hand.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nintendo really needs a change of upper management.

Seriously, I feel like they're circling the drain by their own hand.

tfw it's been a little over a month of that day

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Not sure why such a big deal is being made over this. Actually, I do, it's the internet and everyone wants to make a fucking mountain out of a bloody anthill. You say shit you aren't supposed to in an interview and it gets passed around back to your employer; your ass is getting canned. This isn't exclusive to the game industry, it isn't even exclusive to PR people. People make mistakes and don't always think clearly when they're on the spot but you still have to pay the price of those mistakes. Almost every single job I've had has explicitly stated that if I say or do anything that reflects poorly on the company in the public eye I was subject to termination. That's how the working world works folks.

Anyone with a pulse ALREADY KNOWS ALL OF THIS. Nintendo is totally in the wrong here.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Anyone with a pulse ALREADY KNOWS ALL OF THIS. Nintendo is totally in the wrong here.

Nintendo are not in the wrong here.

They had every obligation to fire him since he broke the terms of Nintendo's non-disclousure agreement.

He may never even get a job in the industry again. Getting fired from a game company for breaking an NDA is not a thing you would want on your resumé, it looks really bad.

He hasn't tho really. Am listening to the podcast he hasn't said anything really rude well maybe a little couple of things towards sakurai however nothing really serious and he even gives him props for being really enduring and trying to make smash as perfect as possible

I've highlighted the important bits. You've already said it yourself.

It doesn't matter that he later gave Sakuri "props". It does not matter. He said negative things about a higher-up in his company. That will get you fired in ANY INDUSTRY.

I'm surprised that people are surprised by this.

Sure it sucks that he got fired and doesn't have a job anymore, but if he's competent at what he does, he'll find new work soon enough. Also, not sure how it works in (presumably) America, but in Canada, he would be able to collect Employment Insurance for a few months at a reduced amount of his previous wage (Like 60% your former income or something) to help provide during the job search process.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Meh maybe am just a nice dude. so what, If a co-work speaks shit about me so damn what? We live on earth, people WILL AND ARE going to hate you period. Even if you are the nicest guy on the world people are going to hate you or dislike you.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Nintendo are not in the wrong here.

They had every obligation to fire him since he broke the terms of Nintendo's non-disclousure agreement.

He may never even get a job in the industry again. Getting fired from a game company for breaking an NDA is not a thing you would want on your resumé, it looks really bad.

How could it break nda if I already knew all of this.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

How could it break nda if I already knew all of this.

How should I know?

The employee still shouldn't have opened his mouth in the first place.

The employee of all people knew what kind of consequences could entail when he started disclosing information that in Nintendo's eyes broke that non-disclosure agreement he signed onto.

Game companies don't fuck around when NDAs are broken and this incident should set an example to others who wish to tow the line against their employers.

As I said earlier, a large part of the gaming industry is the surprise announcement. They want to be able to keep infromation like what they're working on and which parts of the company are busy secret. For years at a time. Both so that the surprise can be a surprise but also so that the public doesn't get hyped about a project that's going nowhere. They want to control the message.

If there's someone who works for them that speaks freely with the media about stuff internal to their company? Even if it's not particularly a big deal. What's to say that that same person doesn't accidentally say something bigger? You can understand why a company like Nintendo wouldn't want to take that risk.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Meh maybe am just a nice dude. so what, If a co-work speaks shit about me so damn what? We live on earth, people WILL AND ARE going to hate you period. Even if you are the nicest guy on the world people are going to hate you or dislike you.

Of course there will be but you don't go around saying things that reflect poorly on your employer and the people they work with and expect not to lose your job if they find out. Have you never had a job where you were told not to make your employer look back or you're fired?

Sorry, it is NO SECRET that translating and transferring games costs money and that it may indeed not be worth the effort due to low sales in some market sectors (even if the fans can't accept that). I really hope that he wasn't fired for sharing such redundant insight.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I know that Wii U emulator is so great right?

Their problem is they suck at advertising.

they're losing money from me because I'd rather wait a decade and play on my PC then play on their shitty 10 years old hardware.

If you listen to the pod cast he makes fun with a nerdy type voice of what he claims Nintendo fans asks/sounds like.

In addition, his explanation were not PR like at all, and showed more that he hated Nintendo decisions, complete with statement like "Nintendo doesn't want your money"

I think that is why Nintendo fired him instead of disciplining him.

But the reality of things, is that a company, any company, wants a single message to be heard. That is why companies have PR department. Small companies are, yes more open, and sometimes what they say backfires on them. A larger company can afford a PR person to ensure that there is no backfire, or reduce it, and they pay a lot of money for this. If he really wanted to be on the pod cast, or do any announcement to his job on social media, or forum, he needs PR approval and probably would have training, and what sentences they want to hear to possible questions. This was probably and most likely on his work contract. He clearly didn't do this, and spoke his mind, which to me said more "I don't agree with Nintendo decisions", and that is bad. It shows instability in a company (even though it is normal), and shows that he is not happy with his job, as his views doesn't align with the overall direction that the company goes. It is OK to disagree on some decisions, but to me he sounded like he disagree nearly all of them.

tfw it's been a little over a month of that day

CEO/President isn't even close to a decent amount of upper management.

If you listen to the pod cast he makes fun with a nerdy type voice of what he claims Nintendo fans asks/sounds like.

In addition, his explanation were not PR like at all, and showed more that he hated Nintendo decisions, complete with statement like "Nintendo doesn't want your money"

I think that is why Nintendo fired him instead of disciplining him.

But the reality of things, is that a company, any company, wants a single message to be heard. That is why companies have PR department. Small companies are, yes more open, and sometimes what they say backfires on them. A larger company can afford a PR person to ensure that there is no backfire, or reduce it, and they pay a lot of money for this. If he really wanted to be on the pod cast, or do any announcement to his job on social media, or forum, he needs PR approval and probably would have training, and what sentences they want to hear to possible questions. This was probably and most likely on his work contract. He clearly didn't do this, and spoke his mind, which to me said more "I don't agree with Nintendo decisions", and that is bad. It shows instability in a company (even though it is normal), and shows that he is not happy with his job, as his views doesn't align with the overall direction that the company goes. It is OK to disagree on some decisions, but to me he sounded like he disagree nearly all of them.

Yes it was probably in his contract, which is kind of dumb on his part (for breaking it.)

Never the less, I feel like it was overboard. I know why companies have PR people, but they always seem so freaking disingenuous to me. That, and I don't agree with the corporate policy of, and I quote Mitchell Webb on this, "you have to seem like you give a shit". Why? Because again, it seems disingenuous. Someone with a job they hate, standing there with a fake smile, seems like the sign of either a liar or a moron, to me.

Again, just personal opinion. I think Nintendo could seriously use a stick-from-ass removal operation.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Man I'm really starting to loathe all Japanese involved in Videogames. They can all fucking die.

what

Xbutt Uno Super

what

I just really dislike their attitudes and arrogance of companies like Nintendo or Square that hold ransom many great games and just ruin shit with their "Gaijin last" attitude. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

I just really dislike their attitudes and arrogance of companies like Nintendo or Square that hold ransom many great games and just ruin shit with their "Gaijin last" attitude. 

Saying they "can all fucking die" was a bit uncalled for. 

Xbutt Uno Super