WB knew Arkham Knight PC was a mess months ago says company employees (Updated with Video source)

Master Disaster

we should stop buying AAA titles and focus our moneys on indie developers and smaller companies. 

The implication being that indie devs and smaller companies aren't just as bad and often worse?

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

we should stop buying AAA titles and focus our moneys on indie developers and smaller companies. 

I understand what you're saying but that is besides the point. 

I think what you really mean to say is that, lately, the "smaller" companies and "indie" developers have actually been producing more games, more consistently at greater/acceptable quality than AAA developers and for that reason deserve our support more so than the AAA developers. 

This doesn't mean that AAA developers aren't capable of producing good games, and it doesn't mean the indie/small companies aren't capable of producing rubbish.

I will only spend my hard-earned on a game that I consider to be worthy of being bought. I don't give a shit who makes it. (That said, I do support small companies doing great stuff as they need the money more than the already-fruitful big-companies do)

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

They knew and just happened to be unlucky with the timing - nobody would give a damn if they didn't land in the middle of hurray-steam-refunds period. Remember that WB is a company that reported (and got away with it) over 100 mln dollars of loss on a Harry Potter movie :D

I understand what you're saying but that is besides the point. 

I think what you really mean to say is that, lately, the "smaller" companies and "indie" developers have actually been producing more games, more consistently at greater/acceptable quality than AAA developers and for that reason deserve our support more so than the AAA developers. 

This doesn't mean that AAA developers aren't capable of producing good games, and it doesn't mean the indie/small companies aren't capable of producing rubbish.

I will only spend my hard-earned on a game that I consider to be worthy of being bought. I don't give a shit who makes it. (That said, I do support small companies doing great stuff as they need the money more than the already-fruitful big-companies do)

precisely. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

And this is why I say fuck AAA publishers......

cause indie games never have issues...

cause indie games never have issues...

EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Valve, Konami and so on......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Obviously they knew it, unless they never bothered to check on progress of it at all. I think it was going out regardless of it's state, because WB spent a lot of money on a marketing campaign, and if they released it later they risk the people who were hyped about it not buying it. Or they spend money on another campaign to try and get some of those people back. The important part was getting it out at the same time as consoles, and rake in the cash from sales. Then worst case scenario is they have to fix the game after everyone's already bought it anyway.

EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Valve, Konami and so on......

LOL, valve hasn't even released a new game for two years. And they never made a badly optimized game.

EA may have questionable practices but they release a lot of good stuff too.

There is no point trying to draw a line in the sand and say that these are the bad corporate guys and these are the good guy Indies. Technically companies like cloud imperium and valve and are indie. But it doesn't matter. We need to reward good games, simple as that. Not try to classify...

Dang....This should keep people from shelling out the money for the game fixed or not just to send a message... but I doubt the guys that want to play it will listen.

That was obvious.

I mean, how can you release anything in this kind of industry if you don't know everything about your product ?

Their standard for PC gaming was/is shitty, and now they pay the price. In France, the sales are apparently catastrophic on both consoles/PC because of this mess.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

This is why you don't preorder. At least on PC anyway.

No, just stop pre-ordering. Done, all problems solved. 

jim sterling was saying that he has heard that steam take there cut even if the game gets refunded, so it cost devs money to relaese shite like this.......really the mantra should be pre order because if you fuck it up we will cost some serious cash....if this is the case

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Of course they knew about  <_< Pointless $hitaku article is pointless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

jim sterling was saying that he has heard that steam take there cut even if the game gets refunded, so it cost devs money to relaese shite like this.......really the mantra should be pre order because if you fuck it up we will cost some serious cash....if this is the case

You do mean only pre-order on steam, right? And even then we'll end up with stuff still getting cut out of the game, or more in-game 'bonuses' that you don't actually earn in game.

PMSL

You do mean only pre-order on steam, right? And even then we'll end up with stuff still getting cut out of the game, or more in-game 'bonuses' that you don't actually earn in game.

yeah only on steam.  if the cut shit from the game you refund and as for pre order dlc....who cares.  at the end of the day the real issue with pre order is the fact that devs can release any old shite and there anit a damn thing pre orderers can do about it.....till now

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

yeah only on steam.  if the cut shit from the game you refund and as for pre order dlc....who cares.  at the end of the day the real issue with pre order is the fact that devs can release any old shite and there anit a damn thing pre orderers can do about it.....till now

I already know that a few of the shit porters and indie devs are hating Steam refunds-they won't be able to make a single cent if they actually make a shit game. Now if only Gabben could do at least 1 more good thing and finally get Half Life 3/Half Life 2 Episode 3 finished (Just finished HL1, 2 and all episodes-must.....have.....more!).

PMSL

FPS aside the game still has serious issues. I cannot complete riddlers case unless it is patched, see one of the 243 riddles doesn't work.

MINOR SPOILER YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

At the front of the riddler's hideout there is a trophy, I can complete the riddle as it is supposed to be complete but I cannot pick up the trophy because it is glitched, I have tested several times. I can almost be inside the small ball that contains the trophy, but no prompt to pick it up.

The interaction is buggy in other places as well, I need to stand in a certain spot to interact with the firemen.

Did you unlock the FPS? If so, try setting it back to 30. A friend of mine told me that higher than 30FPS messes with some of the Riddler ball challenges.

Did you unlock the FPS? If so, try setting it back to 30. A friend of mine told me that higher than 30FPS messes with some of the Riddler ball challenges.

That doesn't make sense, also I am pretty sure I had it at 30 first.

And even then, that's just, I could imagine the riddle itself not working as intended but for the trophy itself to be non interactable by the batman....

If that fuking works....

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Well, the problem with pre-order culture is the perpetuation of pre-order content or retail exclusive content (gamestop only f.e). If noone pre-orders, there are no incentives to lure players into pre-ordering. And we might see less of this stuff. Yes refund-systems have put a dent in the release of shoddy ports, but not in this respect.

I mean just look at what they're essentially doing right now. They're no longer offering cosmetic stuff that the art team is making during the final stages, that would've been put up for sale afterwards as DLC anyway. They're cutting away content from the main game, that is being developed by the main team prior launch. So in the old days, that would've been included in the game. That's just horrendous, and we shouldn't be incentivising this behaviour with our money.

And before anyone (not aiming towards you now) start saying "but if I don't pre-order, i won't have access to this content". Yes, for a transition period, you will be cut out of your precious content. But can you please stop being so self-centered and think of what you're perpetuating with your purchase. You're the sole cause of this cutting of content, and only if you stop doing it, will it end for ALL of us. 

I hope they enjoyed the millions they lost in returns :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That doesn't make sense, also I am pretty sure I had it at 30 first.

And even then, that's just, I could imagine the riddle itself not working as intended but for the trophy itself to be non interactable by the batman....

If that fuking works....

Well, it's also possible that you somehow did the riddle incorrectly :P You can PM a screenshot of the completed puzzle. I think I have an idea of something you might have done wrong.

Steam refunds will just entice more people to pre-order because now they have a safety net if the game sucks

Steam refunds will just entice more people to pre-order because now they have a safety net if the game sucks

Then developers better deliver a polished product, because if their game sucks, they know people will ask for refunds.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

They should end up in court over this? Because they made a bad port? Really? Yeah, there is no such law. They will say people didn't have to buy it and case closed.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

They should end up in court over this? Because they made a bad port? Really? Yeah, there is no such law. They will say people didn't have to buy it and case closed.

False advertisment and marketing might hold in court. The gameworks video would be one piece of evidence for this.