MSI X99a - The Godlike bling board

jos

Featuring Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro, Turbo M.2 connectivity, 2X Faster USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C and a whole new gaming oriented LED feature, MYSTIC LIGHT

Msi have redifined the bling factor on the motherboard... Looks like LED on LSD... may be custom color may come in handy... what do you guys think. It is a new board called MSI X99a godlike gamming board... 

MSI says world’s first RGB LED motherboard, supporting more than 2,000 colors and different illumination effects. 

the new board uses the latest Audio Boost 3 Pro technology that MSI claims will deliver clearer sound and enable lossless audio compression. It also supports many of the latest storage connectors with Turbo M.2 (these use the full PCIe 3.0 x4 bandwidth), SATA Express and USB 3.1 ports.

Networking is handled by Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro software, which allows smart teaming with two Killer Ethernet chips and a Killer 1535 Wi-Fi module. 

Firstly is this a mod? Secondly, wuuuuuuuuuuuut!

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

Drool drool

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Ewww. It reminds me of what a lot of people (including me) would want in their first gaming PC, as many LEDs as possible. 

Seriously, someone needs to create a board that is entirely black, with plastic accents that snap on, so people can change the colour of the accents at will. 

My god, how vulgar.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Why the HELL would you make the heatsinks and component 'shields' on the board red if you're going to be able to adjust the RGB LEDs to any color. Stupid stupid stupid.

At least make all the physical colors black before the RGB LEDs.

Also the name is terrible

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Tech News means news regarding technology or gaming. Please don't post topics in this forum that don't have a strong relation to technology/games.

Posting Guidelines:

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the   :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

Seriously man. Every single thing you've flooded this forum with in the last few days hasn't met anything. I appreciate the enthusiasm for posting, but follow them rules. 

I like LEDs just as much as the next guy, but is there seriously enough demand for a board like this to make this venture worth it? Only a couple people in this thread so far actually seem to like it at all, so not a great start...

Personally, I think this is just incredibly silly and funny, but unnecessarily showy, and only entertaining for a few seconds before you realize how tacky it is. If you like this sort of thing, more power to you, but for me, no. Just...no. And I agree with the assertions that the heatsinks should be black so as not to clash with the colors of the LEDs...

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I can't decide which is more obtrusive.... the music or the LEDs.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Like Ripley would say:

AUGHH MY EYESSSSS

Nuke it from orbit, kill it with fire!

Too much LED is seriously too much LED.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

why did they make it red? so you have RGB lights but the only lighting you can use that will look good is red

Oh, also...

G-G-G GODLIKE

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

12 year olds with rich parents hype?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

This reminds me of seeing neons under people's car. Lame.

I think this is done wrong. I'd much rather if them attached to sockets (PCI/RAM/SATA/Power/etc) that blinks when in use sorta like a HDD LED. Then it would be easier to see if something is not plugged in and stuff. And then imagine that if there's something in the socket, but it doesn't work, the LED for it will be red. That would be some sick debugging LED.

Why are people taking this so seriously? The answer to why do this is simple, why not? 

It appears that a few says it's disgusting then the rest follow like cattle.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I would like RGB LEDs with a black board

Rampage V Black Edition anyone?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

This is awesome.

Why so many of you like boring ass components?! WHY YOU WANT TO BE SO PLAIN?!

Why are people taking this so seriously? The answer to why do this is simple, why not? 

It appears that a few says it's disgusting then the rest follow like cattle.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Some people like to spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on something custom, and have it look completely ordinary. WHY, I don't know, maybe it's some kind of mental disorder

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If you absolutely have to have what looks like tacky led strips pasted onto a board, at least make the board black so that they look ugly as Hell if you have any color besides red or white chosen.

- snip-

Aside from less I like the heatsinks design though.

- snip-