[GT]AMD claims it will power another gaming device (New Nintendo)

TwistedDictator
Go to solution Solved by TwistedDictator,

Let me just say, fuck off ARM. Intel's x86 architecture is also becoming really fucking good at the low power stuff while being more powerful than arm.

Also that quote is really hard to read and I still don't quite know what the hell he means, something something ARM something AMD APU

APUs have a lower power consumption and can outperform an Intel chip using its intergated graphics. Console are a gaming platform that require graphic power. If they went for a intel chips they be prepared for shitter graphics unless you add a GPU which will then lead the console to cost higher.

AMD is the only one that can provide powerful GPU+CPU X86 all in a low power packaged in a SOC.

Another major gaming device? 

Yea, cause locking yourselves into both consoles CLEARLY already turned your business around, am I right? 

If it bring them business then what wrong with that?

Comments made by AMD's Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Devinder Kumar, suggest AMD will be making its way into another major gaming device, other reports suggest. The gaming device in question, and the brand that will be producing it, were not named, but the new deal could prove equally lucrative for AMD.

Kumar also commented that "one [design win] is x86 and [another] is ARM, and at least one will [be] beyond gaming, right...But that is about as much as you going to get out me today. From the standpoint [of being] fair to [customers], it is their product, and they launch it. They are going to announce it and then […] you will find out that it is AMD’s APU that is being used in those products."

Source

It seems like people only read the title lol. Another company (which is not named) has approaced AMD to make them a custom APU like they did for the PS4. This could be a good thing for the PC community if they make the chip better then the PS4 so then we (PC) can get better ports then the shitty xbone and ps4 ports.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Yea, cause locking yourselves into both consoles CLEARLY already turned your business around, am I right? 

Yay for people just posting trying to get it in before someone else does. -_-

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Let me just say, fuck off ARM. Intel's x86 architecture is also becoming really fucking good at the low power stuff while being more powerful than arm.

Also that quote is really hard to read and I still don't quite know what the hell he means, something something ARM something AMD APU

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

APUs have a lower power consumption and can outperform an Intel chip using its intergated graphics. Console are a gaming platform that require graphic power. If they went for a intel chips they be prepared for shitter graphics unless you add a GPU which will then lead the console to cost higher.

AMD is the only one that can provide powerful GPU+CPU X86 all in a low power packaged in a SOC.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Please....stop trying to make a pseudo-console, it isn't going to work.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Betting it's a tablet made to compete with the Shield.

Plot twist: Nintendo killing off Wii U and 3DS early, and the third device is related to QOL.

Dreamcast 2 confirmed.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Plot twist: Nintendo killing off Wii U and 3DS early, and the third device is related to QOL.

Double Plot-Twist: Nintendo Ports every single 1st party Wii U game to PC, and every single 3DS game to Android (specifically Shield)

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Double Plot-Twist: Nintendo Ports every single 1st party Wii U game to PC, and every single 3DS game to Android (specifically Shield)

That's not a plot twist; that's a pipe dream.

Didn't you hear? Getting your name mentioned on The WAN Show makes you famous

That's great. Doesn't mean people should do it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Could this be the upgraded Xbone that was wildly rumoured a few months ago?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Wait? What? You can "Best Answer" yourself in a Thread you started, whz... edited a few times to fix grmmr

/answer makes sense, though someone's going to disagree.

Didn't you hear? Getting your name mentioned on The WAN Show makes you famous

Well hello there famous.  B)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Is this where we get our members out and measure up?

I've been posting here for 3 weeks, been on the Wan Show twice, does that make me double famous? God?

Fucking hell, if your shallow enough to post here to only get on the Wan Show then you really need to go outside and get laid.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Intel can make a lower-energy APU with as much compute and graphics power or more as the PS4 chip. Broadwell is swiftly proving Intel can kick ARM's tail at its own game. Google Glass 2 is going to use a Broadwell/Skylake chip, and ARM's chips have become steadily more CISC and increased in wattage and TDP because of it.

The only companies in the world who can actually design on Intel's level are Samsung and IBM. Intel has pushed into new waters for itself the last few years, and it's all coming to a head.

Every time people bet against Intel when it comes to breaking into a market, Intel always does. IBM, Broadcomm, and HP said Intel would never take their server business. Look at how that ended. ARM said it was impossible for Intel to make a powerful dual-core with less than 10 watts of TDP and power usage. Look at how Core M is doing despite Lenovo making asses of themselves...

Saying Intel can't compete in graphics and APUs is foolhardy. If Intel so chooses to design a product for a purpose, it will succeed in time.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Is this where we get our members out and measure up?

I've been posting here for 3 weeks, been on the Wan Show twice, does that make me double famous? God?

Fucking hell, if your shallow enough to post here to only get on the Wan Show then you really need to go outside and get laid.

The first two comments came within seconds. They just read the title. What the big deal on having your username appear on the wan show? Does linus or his team do anything? Will they put my  name all around the screen and spin it around the screen? I think not lol

Slick:

Intel can make a lower-energy APU with as much compute and graphics power or more as the PS4 chip. Broadwell is swiftly proving Intel can kick ARM's tail at its own game. Google Glass 2 is going to use a Broadwell/Skylake chip, and ARM's chips have become steadily more CISC and increased in wattage and TDP because of it.

The only companies in the world who can actually design on Intel's level are Samsung and IBM. Intel has pushed into new waters for itself the last few years, and it's all coming to a head.

Every time people bet against Intel when it comes to breaking into a market, Intel always does. IBM, Broadcomm, and HP said Intel would never take their server business. Look at how that ended. ARM said it was impossible for Intel to make a powerful dual-core with less than 10 watts of TDP and power usage. Look at how Core M is doing despite Lenovo making asses of themselves...

Saying Intel can't compete in graphics and APUs is foolhardy. If Intel so chooses to design a product for a purpose, it will succeed in time.

I didnt say they cant. I said AMD is the only one right now that has the power too. If intel can then why havent we seen a APU that can compete with AMD APUs? At this moment only Intel can provide high powered CPU but not APUs.

Slick:

well.. they have my curiosity.

it'll take a lot more to get my attention.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Well hello there famous.  B)

Isn't the same. Linus said mine and Luke said yours :P

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Isn't the same. Linus said mine and Luke said yours :P

elitists_zps832fe30b.jpg

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

[GT]AMD claims it will power another gaming device (XBONE Slim? PS5? tablet?)

How about a PC AMD...please no more consoles...SIGH

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)