[GT]AMD claims it will power another gaming device (New Nintendo)

TwistedDictator
Go to solution Solved by TwistedDictator,

Let me just say, fuck off ARM. Intel's x86 architecture is also becoming really fucking good at the low power stuff while being more powerful than arm.

Also that quote is really hard to read and I still don't quite know what the hell he means, something something ARM something AMD APU

APUs have a lower power consumption and can outperform an Intel chip using its intergated graphics. Console are a gaming platform that require graphic power. If they went for a intel chips they be prepared for shitter graphics unless you add a GPU which will then lead the console to cost higher.

AMD is the only one that can provide powerful GPU+CPU X86 all in a low power packaged in a SOC.

Another major gaming device? 

Yea, cause locking yourselves into both consoles CLEARLY already turned your business around, am I right? 

If it bring them business then what wrong with that?

Maybe project discovery lives on...  :ph34r:

x86 and we can start talking. We can REALLY start talking.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

x86 and we can start talking. We can REALLY start talking.

Project discovery runs x86 hardware with a full version of Windows (not RT).

Ooooh Phantom Game Console!!!! That's the console! It will finally be released since 2004. PC gaming on TV with store (basically Steam... but before Steam is what it is today, is what was presented)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Entertainment#The_Phantom_console

Phantom-Console.jpg

Lapboard_Samples_-_White_002.JPG

(you use the keyboard in an angle, giving a place for the mouse when using it on your lap, and the picture doesn't show, but you have space between the keyboard and mouse in height, like the keyboard does < shape. So you have a full mouse surface. Pretty cleaver actually.. shame the mouse is a basic one.)

Project discovery runs x86 hardware with a full version of Windows (not RT).

I so hope it comes to market in some form, then.

Devs should start devloping stuff through a pc oriented aproach.... And the potatoes should get shitty ports so that they realise how sbit their console's are and turn to pc

The first part I agree with (Since it means better development for all platforms, as you are anticipating different sets of hardware.). The second part is just downright shitty man (And people wonder why the name PCMasterRace is so hated and why people don't want to associate with those who parade it in some dictatorial fashion).

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Once and if AMD adds on-chip HBM with their future APU's it will be game over for Intel. 

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! No... Nothing stops Intel from using it. It's not like Hynix will be exclusive with AMD, and Intel has also been part of the Hybrid Memory Cube consortium for a couple years now. If AMD brings stacked DRAM, so will Intel if it means it has to compete on price. Currently Crystalwell has nearly the same bandwidth as HMC will have anyway (not much less than HBM 1.0). It's these sensationalist statements that really make people question your sanity and objectivity.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Nv should implement mem stacking

They are. Nvidia had it on their roadmaps before AMD did. The problem is Hynix had a lot of the work done ahead of time, AMD found out, joined up with them, and now HBM will be done before HMC, leading NVIDIA to drop HMC and switch to HBM, but that involved pushing back integration by a generation (hence not on Maxwell). It will now be on Pascal, and Pascal may also bring unified memory by putting an ARM chip onboard to go access system memory for it instead of having to have the big iron x86 schedule everything.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

They are. Nvidia had it on their roadmaps before AMD did. The problem is Hynix had a lot of the work done ahead of time, AMD found out, joined up with them, and now HBM will be done before HMC, leading NVIDIA to drop HMC and switch to HBM, but that involved pushing back integration by a generation (hence not on Maxwell). It will now be on Pascal, and Pascal may also bring unified memory by putting an ARM chip onboard to go access system memory for it instead of having to have the big iron x86 schedule everything.

AMD has had stacked memory on their roadmaps since 2009, and I can't find a single Nvidia roadmap before 2011 touting stacked memory.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! No... Nothing stops Intel from using it. It's not like Hynix will be exclusive with AMD, and Intel has also been part of the Hybrid Memory Cube consortium for a couple years now. If AMD brings stacked DRAM, so will Intel if it means it has to compete on price. Currently Crystalwell has nearly the same bandwidth as HMC will have anyway (not much less than HBM 1.0). It's these sensationalist statements that really make people question your sanity and objectivity.

Intel's architecture is far inferior to AMD's especially for gaming. That's something I doubt will ever change for the perceivable years to come. Intel doesn't have the background to start developing gaming graphics cores. I don't foresee Intel ever joining Nvidia and AMD in the gaming GPU market. Even the A10-7850k is being choked by slow memory bandwidth yet it still absolutely destroys everything Intel offers.

Intel's architecture is far inferior to AMD's especially for gaming. That's something I doubt will ever change for the perceivable years to come. Intel doesn't have the background to start developing gaming graphics cores. I don't foresee Intel ever joining Nvidia and AMD in the gaming GPU market. Even the A10-7850k is being choked by slow memory bandwidth yet it still absolutely destroys everything Intel offers.

Meanwhile Intel actually has the CPU power(same price intel cpu as A10 destroys A10 in CPU performance) to play games at high performance while using igpu for assist in en/de/transcoding video.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Another major gaming device? 

Yea, cause locking yourselves into both consoles CLEARLY already turned your business around, am I right? 

http://www.techspot.com/news/59086-amd-2015-forecast-non-pc-sales.html

http://www.eteknix.com/amd-estimates-will-make-50-revenue-non-pc-sales-next-year/

Nope. It is just carrying the company atm and is the most profitable division. GOOD CALL though. 

AMD makes like 100 bucks profit off every PS4 sold. Sony makes like 18...

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2308282/amd-makes-more-profit-than-sony-on-the-ps4

Probably similar on the Xbox One. MS HAS to be losing a ton of money on each sold with the bundles I saw this holiday season. Don't worry though I am sure they will pass that on to us Windows users with cool things like subscription fees on Windows 10. Not like the Xbox division has ever made MS much money...

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Meanwhile Intel actually has the CPU power(same price intel cpu as A10 destroys A10 in CPU performance) to play games at high performance while using igpu for assist in en/de/transcoding video.

CPU power doesn't get you very far when you're gaming on a whole 20 execution units.

INB4 it turns out to be Facebook, Sharp or Amazon who're trying to cobble together a console. Those are my bets!

Im out, you dont even counter my statement, you just state a random fact that anyone who ever used their brain can realise... just stop misinforming poeple with your stupidity...

Let me share a secret that will raise your life quality; "the ignore function, use the ignore function, Luka"

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

CPU power doesn't get you very far when you're gaming on a whole 20 execution units.

That's just you.

Vast majority have discrete GPU, which is why APU gaming is mostly irrelevant(since AMD still has not made anything that can play games at r9 gpu level).

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

That's just you.

Vast majority have discrete GPU, which is why APU gaming is mostly irrelevant(since AMD still has not made anything that can play games at r9 gpu level).

I would choose a A10-7850k over a i3-4360 for gaming all day long. I personally enjoy at least smooth frame rates in all games @ 720p. The mobile market is larger than the desktop consumer market. How many people do you think are running a R9 290X in their laptop? APU gaming is completely relevant hence why Intel is trying so hard right now to catch up and compete with AMD in that market (look at GT3e official documentation where Intel uses 3DMark to justify Broadwell).

I would choose a A10-7850k over a i3-4360 for gaming all day long. I personally enjoy at least smooth frame rates in all games @ 720p. The mobile market is larger than the desktop consumer market. How many people do you think are running a R9 290X in their laptop? APU gaming is completely relevant hence why Intel is trying so hard right now to catch up and compete with AMD in that market (look at GT3e official documentation where Intel uses 3DMark to justify Broadwell).

That's because you don't have a decent discrete GPU.

Most of laptop gaming not considered serious gaming(it's not serious gaming unless performance > conslows)...How many people do you think have A10-7850K in their laptop?

And the decent-performing ones have discrete intel CPU + nvidia/AMD GPU. And btw, 970M.

That's because you don't have a decent discrete GPU.

Most of laptop gaming not considered serious gaming...How many people do you think have A10-7850K in their laptop?

And the decent-performing ones have discrete intel CPU + nvidia/AMD GPU. And btw, 970M.

I do have a discrete GPU tho we're not talking about discrete GPU's here. With the launch of Carrizo the performance of the desktop A10-7850k will finally be in laptops. With most laptops only rocking 1366x768 how well do think an APU that can handle ultra settings @ 720p will do for the mobile gaming market? Who wants to spend $2,000 on a laptop? I thought the concept here was highest performance at the lowest cost.

I do have a discrete GPU tho we're not talking about discrete GPU's here. With the launch of Carrizo the performance of the desktop A10-7850k will finally be in laptops. With most laptops only rocking 1366x768 how well do think an APU that can handle ultra settings @ 720p will do for the mobile gaming market? Who wants to spend $2,000 on a laptop? I thought the concept here was highest performance at the lowest cost.

"a decent discrete GPU"

I don't consider Gt 740.

The launch of Carrizo didn't happen yet; and you won't know how "good" it is until it happened.

Who wants to spend $2000 on a laptop? Who wants to spend money on portable all-in-one gaming system.

A 860m(750ti in laptops) laptop does not cost much.

Most laptops only 1366x768? Where is your source on this? You have posted a bunch of claims without source(or logic).

"a decent discrete GPU"

I don't consider Gt 720.

The launch of Carrizo didn't happen yet; and you won't know how "good" it is until it happened.

Who wants to spend $2000 on a laptop? Who wants to spend money on portable all-in-one gaming system.

A 860m(750ti in laptops) laptop does not cost much.

Most laptops only 1366x768? Where is your source on this? You have posted a bunch of claims without source(or logic).

We're talking about APU's as that's the subject of the thread not even remotely related to discrete GPU's. So I would take note of that before stirring up a whole Intel vs AMD debate based around multiple pieces of hardware. This thread is focused on a single chip solution powering the next gaming device. So I still stand behind my statements A10-7850k over i3-4360 all day long.

By the way for the record if you bothered to check my signature you'd see I actually run both an APU and a strong discrete GPU together.

The launch of Carrizo doesn't need to happen for us to justify it's performance. Four Excavator cores (faster than Steamroller) coupled with 8 compute units. This chip may be even faster than the desktop flagship Kaveri.

I think most people would want to spend their money on a portable AIO gaming system, we call them laptops in the modern age.

Laptops with 860M's run around $1,000 and upwards. Still extremely pricey for a laptop if you ask me.

I don't need sources everyone with half a brain would know this simple fact. Tho to have some sort of "source" to please you lets use one of the largest online retailers as an example, Newegg.

snjFFcR.png

We're talking about APU's as that's the subject of the thread not even remotely related to discrete GPU's. So I would take note of that before stirring up a whole Intel vs AMD debate based around multiple pieces of hardware. This thread is focused on a single chip solution powering the next gaming device. So I still stand behind my statements A10-7850k over i3-4360 all day long.

By the way for the record if you bothered to check my signature you'd see I actually run both an APU and a strong discrete GPU together.

You can't even understand that having a budget for decent GPU means everything to gaming.

Because APU at this point simply does not perform better than conslows(the two that cares).

This thread was about random guesses on which "gaming device" will be powered by AMD; now it became AMD circlejerk.

I don't see anything in your signature other than some screwed up quote.

The launch of Carrizo doesn't need to happen for us to justify it's performance. Four Excavator cores (faster than Steamroller) coupled with 8 compute units. This chip may be even faster than the desktop flagship Kaveri.

I think most people would want to spend their money on a portable AIO gaming system, we call them laptops in the modern age.

Laptops with 860M's run around $1,000 and upwards. Still extremely pricey for a laptop if you ask me.

I don't need sources everyone with half a brain would know this simple fact. Tho to have some sort of "source" to please you lets use one of the largest online retailers as an example, Newegg.

snjFFcR.png

You are acting like a fanboy justifying pre-ordering of games.

Guess what, those are LAPTOPS with 970m and 860m.

Good thing I didn't ask you; most people would realize that performance in laptop cost more than in desktop.

That's not a source; it's a cropped piece of a screenshot.

You don't need a source just like you don't need proof for a conspiracy theory, anyone with a brain can think of one.

You can't even understand that having a budget for decent GPU means everything to gaming.

Because APU at this point simply does not perform better than conslows(the two that cares).

This thread was about random guesses on which "gaming device" will be powered by AMD; now it became AMD circlejerk.

I don't see anything in your signature other than some screwed up quote.

I've updated my previous post to conform with your edited previous post. Like said we aren't talking about discrete hardware here but only single chip solutions. I mean seriously if AMD is going to be powering another gaming device then you do the math, it's more than likely going to be another APU. If you want to side track on thinking a G3258 and a GTX 970 is the ultimate solution for what could be project discovery then you really need to do more reading than posting here.  :lol:

I've updated my previous post to conform with your edited previous post. Like said we aren't talking about discrete hardware here but only single chip solutions. I mean seriously if AMD is going to be powering another gaming device then you do the math, it's more than likely going to be another APU. If you want to side track on thinking a G3258 and a GTX 970 is the ultimate solution for what could be project discovery then you really need to do more reading than posting here.  :lol:

I've updated my previous post to conform with your edited previous post.

We are talking about gaming here, any gaming capable hardware is relevant.

Stop attacking strawman, it won't help you.

You are acting like a fanboy justifying pre-ordering of games.

Guess what, those are LAPTOPS with 970m and 860m.

Good thing I didn't ask you; most people would realize that performance in laptop cost more than in desktop.

That's not a source; it's a cropped piece of a screenshot.

No one here's acting like a fanboy as it's nearly impossible to do such a thing in an AMD oriented thread. I'm not going to discuss Intel here because what's the point of going off-topic.

You said and I quote.

So I gave you an example of the Newegg All Laptops section with a snapshot of available laptop resolutions. You can go check for yourself if you want.

Personally you seem a little heated with constantly editing your previous posts to try and slide in some extra evidence to backup your claims.

No one here's acting like a fanboy as it's nearly impossible to do such a thing in an AMD oriented thread. I'm not going to discuss Intel here because what's the point of going off-topic.

You said and I quote.

So I gave you an example of the Newegg All Laptops section with a snapshot of available laptop resolutions. You can go check for yourself if you want.

Personally you seem a little heated with constantly editing your previous posts to try and slide in some extra evidence to backup your claims.

You are, you are advertising great result before something is even released.

It's still a cropped image...you didn't show where it's from.

Even assuming it's true, that's newegg's listing(newegg does not sell every model of laptops, btw)...not relevant to ACTUAL number of laptops...

Evidence? You speak of evidence? That's almost funny. I don't need evidence to be skeptical of something that has yet to have been released...it's called common sense(and I understand some people on internet has a lack of such thing).

Cry more about edits.

You are, you are advertising great result before something is even released.

That's newegg's listing(newegg does not sell every model of laptops, btw)...not relevant to ACTUAL number of laptops...

Amazon bwiB3eM.png

Tigerdirect: 9cYhHMe.png

If every hardware retailer shows they carry more 1366x768 laptops than other resolutions, how is that not at all relevant to the actual number of laptops?

RIP in pepperonis m8s